Warde manuel on wtic in a minute | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Warde manuel on wtic in a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn's time is coming. Someone has to be that last chick to get picked up at 2am. It's still midnight.
the seconds are feeling like minutes the minutes like hours the hours are feeling like years....how much longer til 2:00 AM I'm drunk and interested.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
UConn's time is coming. Someone has to be that last chick to get picked up at 2am. It's still midnight.
Actually it's 9 AM the next day, and we're hearing everybody else talk about the party we weren't invited to.

Reaction Score
What do you want him to say? "These schools are leaving and Uconn is screwed." Reallignment is a very fluid situation and right now some of that fluid is running down Manuel's leg. Uconn fans are dilusional to blame this on Manuel. FSU didn't want us in the ACC. FSU had leverage and Louisville got in.End of story. But if you have a need to blame somone for the decision of others, well I guess Manuel will do. The truth is nobody on this board has a clue what Manuel did or didn't do.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here is something from ECU's AD. WM can learn a thing or two from Terry Holland on how to communicate with his fanbase. Click on Holland's picture on the left.

http://www.ecupirates.com/#00

Great link. I like ECU, I really do. I think that there are a lot of teams to like in the new Big East (Boise, SDSU, ECU, etc.). Unfortunately, the ones I've listed are football-only's. But if we have to make a go of this thing in the short term, I at least like many of the partners that we have. They seem to still be genuinely excited about the opportunity to be on a bigger stage than what they were previously on, and there is light at the end of the tunnel (even if it's pretty f#$king dim).

I can't believe that I needed to get my pep talk from the AD of ECU today.....unbelievable...

Reaction Score
What do you want him to say? "These schools are leaving and Uconn is screwed." Reallignment is a very fluid situation and right now some of that fluid is running down Manuel's leg. Uconn fans are dilusional to blame this on Manuel. FSU didn't want us in the ACC. FSU had leverage and Louisville got in.End of story. But if you have a need to blame somone for the decision of others, well I guess Manuel will do. The truth is nobody on this board has a clue what Manuel did or didn't do.
i think the continual tradition of poor PR is a huge reason why WM is taking the brunt of our frustrations. That and the difference between his and Jerrich's handling of the Maryland replacement.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Uh, how about this...he didn't get us in the ACC, ...ker.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thank God we only have 8 days to live. At least we won't have to worry about realignment in heaven.

All the presidents and AD's from the "Big 5" will be in hell serving water to the devil (ESPN)

We are certainly the meek

Reaction Score
why is he still on the air...has he really not had anyone tell him sportscenter has reported that the catholics are gone!?!?! hes still referring to them as rumors

... And this is why: From McMurphy etal...

"Aresco also had a conference call with the athletic directors of the remaining and incoming schools later Thursday. He told them he expects the basketball schools to leave, but they are still weighing their options on how to do so, said a source with direct knowledge of the situation. On the call, Aresco told the ADs that he had not officially heard from the group of seven that they were leaving"

Reaction Score
Dove, I'll bet you picked up a few around quarter to 2?

Reaction Score
He wasn't staying positive so much as avoiding our new reality. Joe D tried to throw him a softball asking about how realignment decisions and lobbying is done at the president level, not the AD level. Warde answered that he actually did make a few phone calls to the Catholic AD's today to gauge how they were feeling. He's a putz.
TRest, he may be a putz. I'll be honest, I didn't listen to the interview, so I can't comment. I have no interest in listening to BS. You and me listen to that all day long. But there's not a lot to say right now if there's not a lot to say. To me, "avoiding the new reality" is staying positive. The new reality is the new reality. You have to approach it in a positive manner, because you just can't live life being negative. You have to get up in the morning and try to be positive, no matter what. The alternative is to just be a miserable duck. How does that help?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
TRest, he may be a putz. I'll be honest, I didn't listen to the interview, so I can't comment. I have no interest in listening to BS. You and me listen to that all day long. But there's not a lot to say right now if there's not a lot to say. To me, "avoiding the new reality" is staying positive. The new reality is the new reality. You have to approach it in a positive manner, because you just can't live life being negative. You have to get up in the morning and try to be positive, no matter what. The alternative is to just be a miserable duck. How does that help?
It sounds like someone who has picked up the 3 AM chick.

Reaction Score
Louisville got into the ACC to appease FSU and Clemson, plain and simple. Say all you want about Jurich and the money they poured into their program. The Noles didn't want another northern school coming into the conference and the ACC was scared sh!tless of losing them. I doubt FSU liked the addition of BC and I'm sure they weren't jacked about Cuse or Pitt. Manuel is not why UConn got passed over.
Manuel also doesn't have any leverage to get UConn into another conference now, or to stop the Catholics from leaving. UConn's present home is the NBE. I'm sure he likes it about as much as anyone here does but what is he gonna do? Publicly pop a squat and drop a deuce all over UConn's present home with no guarantees of going elsewhere? That might make some people here happy to state the obvious all over the radio but it would be an idiotic move.
Sometimes there needs to be a vast difference between what is said publicly and what is said over the phone or behind closed doors.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I am a miserable f--ck, so that does make sense. But he wasn't being positive, he was reading platitudes from note cards.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Louisville got into the ACC to appease FSU and Clemson, plain and simple. Say all you want about Jurich and the money they poured into their program. The Noles didn't want another northern school coming into the conference and the ACC was scared sh!tless of losing them. I doubt FSU liked the addition of BC and I'm sure they weren't jacked about Cuse or Pitt. Manuel is not why UConn got passed over.
Manuel also doesn't have any leverage to get UConn into another conference now, or to stop the Catholics from leaving. UConn's present home is the NBE. I'm sure he likes it about as much as anyone here does but what is he gonna do? Publicly pop a squat and drop a deuce all over UConn's present home with no guarantees of going elsewhere? That might make some people here happy to state the obvious all over the radio but it would be an idiotic move.
Sometimes there needs to be a vast difference between what is said publicly and what is said over the phone or behind closed doors.
FSU athletic director made plans with Defilippo way back when to start the process. FSU was always on board with the original plan of adding Cuse, BC and Miami, even if it was only to get Miami.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reading Thamel article and one comes away believing the three remaining BE football schools can make a lot of $$ from the NCAA and exit fees. This is not over by a long shot.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Truth is most of the blame can be laid at Jeff Hathaway's feet. But if Manuel were to come out and say that, he'd get ridiculed (and rightfuly so).

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dove, I'll bet you picked up a few around quarter to 2?

If I was out that late scopin' usually I was approached by some young latina with four kids by four fathers. My Ramses kept me from being #5. :oops:

Reaction Score
I am a miserable f--ck, so that does make sense. But he wasn't being positive, he was reading platitudes from note cards.
Yeah, I get it. But sometimes you have to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom