Warde manuel on wtic in a minute | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Warde manuel on wtic in a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't see why you guys are worried. I mean winning is obviously for winning winners who love to win and not only be winners on the court but also win while winning in the classroom. And winning while monitoring the situation!

Win/win situation the way I see it.

...win

Reaction Score
I don't see why you guys are worried. I mean winning is obviously for winning winners who love to win and not only be winners on the court but also win while winning in the classroom. And winning while monitoring the situation!

Win/win situation the way I see it.

...win

We're winners, not chicken dinners

Reaction Score
Aha.....I think I figured out the strategy.....he is legally compelling one of the other power conferences to take us because of inadequate representation!

Reaction Score
The purpose of doing these shows is to make your fans feel better. Listening to him just makes us feel worse. Please stop doing these Warde until you have something to say.

Reaction Score
I can't find the podcast, so I'll glean from the comments that manuel didn't say anything particularly constructive.

I do have a a question, though. For those who listened to it, put on your tinfoil hats for one second. Wearing that tinfoil hat, assume that UConn is engaged in fruitful dialogue with the Big Ten through Susan Herbst. Manuel is to go out there and speak to the masses. If you listened to Manuel's interview with the Big Ten supposition in mind, does his performance make more sense to you?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I can't find the podcast, so I'll glean from the comments that manuel didn't say anything particular constructive.

I do have a a question, though. For those who listened to it, put on your tinfoil hats for one second. Wearing that tinfoil hat, assume that UConn is engaged in fruitful dialogue with the Big Ten through Susan Herbst. Manuel is to go out there and speak to the masses. If you listened to Manuel's interview with the Big Ten supposition in mind, does his performance make more sense to you?

No.

UConn has no shot at the Big Ten, and he knows it.

Reaction Score
I can't find the podcast, so I'll glean from the comments that manuel didn't say anything particular constructive.

Unfortunately no, but with a really powerful tin cap the fact Michigan, Michigan State and Univ of Chicago were mentioned...sure done deal to the B1G.

Reaction Score

I don't believe the Big 10 nonsense. But Manuel has to stay positive. He can't be wailing and moaning like some on this board. He's saying all the things that you have to say in this situation. Our only landing spot is the ACC, and that doesn't happen until the ACC gets poached by the Big ____ conference, which is likely to happen in the next couple of years. So you wait. You stay positive. You continue to move forward, and act like a big boy. That's how you act.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't believe the Big 10 nonsense. But Manuel has to stay positive. He can't be wailing and moaning like some on this board. He's saying all the things that you have to say in this situation. Our only landing spot is the ACC, and that doesn't happen until the ACC gets poached by the Big ____ conference, which is likely to happen in the next couple of years. So you wait. You stay positive. You continue to move forward, and act like a big boy. That's how you act.
He wasn't staying positive so much as avoiding our new reality. Joe D tried to throw him a softball asking about how realignment decisions and lobbying is done at the president level, not the AD level. Warde answered that he actually did make a few phone calls to the Catholic AD's today to gauge how they were feeling. He's a putz.

Reaction Score
i'm not sure you want to listen...i honestly mean that. save yourself from the frustration.

he didn't really say "monitoring the situation" again did he? Please tell me you guys are joking

Reaction Score
Judging from his comments about the BE (I didn't listen, just going off the comments), I think this is good. The quote from that "so-called" insider scared me earlier in the day about how they were trying to join the CYO league.

For once, I think Manuel is saying the right thing here. The best thing UConn can do is stay with the football schools until it gets a chance to join the ACC. It's pretty cut-and-dried. In the meantime, ESPN should be docked every single dollar it pays the ACC over and above its current contract.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Judging from his comments about the BE (I didn't listen, just going off the comments), I think this is good. The quote from that "so-called" insider scared me earlier in the day about how they were trying to join the CYO league.

For once, I think Manuel is saying the right thing here. The best thing UConn can do is stay with the football schools until it gets a chance to join the ACC. It's pretty cut-and-dried. In the meantime, ESPN should be docked every single dollar it pays the ACC over and above its current contract.
He didn't commit to staying with the football schools. He pretended that the Catholic schools didn't have one foot out the door.

Reaction Score
He didn't commit to staying with the football schools. He pretended that the Catholic schools didn't have one foot out the door.

One earlier tweet I read had him staying in the BE no matter what happens with those schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom