Warde manuel on wtic in a minute | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Warde manuel on wtic in a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I was out that late scopin' usually I was approached by some young latina with four kids by four fathers. My Ramses kept me from being #5. :oops:
Approached? You mean you tackled her and she didn't report you to the authorities? Would that be the way to put it?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Approached? You mean you tackled her and she didn't report you to the authorities? Would that be the way to put it?
I can't lie. That's it.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Louisville got into the ACC to appease FSU and Clemson, plain and simple. Say all you want about Jurich and the money they poured into their program. The Noles didn't want another northern school coming into the conference and the ACC was scared sh!tless of losing them. I doubt FSU liked the addition of BC and I'm sure they weren't jacked about Cuse or Pitt. Manuel is not why UConn got passed over.
Manuel also doesn't have any leverage to get UConn into another conference now, or to stop the Catholics from leaving. UConn's present home is the NBE. I'm sure he likes it about as much as anyone here does but what is he gonna do? Publicly pop a squat and drop a deuce all over UConn's present home with no guarantees of going elsewhere? That might make some people here happy to state the obvious all over the radio but it would be an idiotic move.
Sometimes there needs to be a vast difference between what is said publicly and what is said over the phone or behind closed doors.

This is one of about 3 rational posts I've seen here all day. I'm stunned the Fishy/zls/ConnHuskBank kool-aid tastes that sweet that the majority of you got so cocked off it.

Does 97% of the Boneyard really believe that the SEC, B1G and acc stay at 14? The B12 at 10? Wow...

Warde doesnt understand public relations, obviously. But that has little to no impact on FSU jumping to the B12 or the B1G adding 2-6 schools within the next 6 years.

Waiting sucks, but the pessimism here today over an announcement that we all (except perhaps Carl) knew was inevitable, is pretty pathetic.

Patience.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think he did a ok job today. he needs to say big east and stuff right now so we collect the $ like i said earlier in this thread. when we leave, we leave but until then be high on the big east. i still dont understand the suicide watch ppl are on today. not one football game was touched today yet the world blew up. unreal. but i'll just stop myself from ranting in this thread.

Reaction Score
Speaking on WTIC "Sports Talk" Thursday night, UConn athletic director Warde Manuel referred to reports of the defections as "rumors" and said he has talked to his counterparts at other Big East schools.
"Talking through it and really trying to do what we can to ensure that as the conference moves forward we move forward together to strengthen the conference and to put us in a very good position," Manuel said. "I've talked to at least one other conference member who's at a basketball institution just to let them know my feelings and hear their thoughts about their concerns and the issues that are going on. But I can't control what they do. I want them, we want them at UConn, to stay a part of the league because we feel they bring the strength on the basketball side and the other Olympic sports and we want them to be a part of the league."

Manuel reiterated Thursday that he is confident the athletic programs will continue to thrive, no matter its conference home.
"My hope is stabilization for UConn and what we're doing going forward," Manuel said on WTIC. "Nobody likes to operate in a rocky environment, an unstable environment. And we're going to be committed and in this conference. So we want to make sure that the conference is stable for us to compete in all of our sports. And so my hope is, this goes away ... if they leave, we have to make sure that we're doing the right things to stabilize this environment that we're in and move forward, and control the things that we can control."

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-big-east-future-1214-20121213,0,2561546.story

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Speaking on WTIC "Sports Talk" Thursday night, UConn athletic director Warde Manuel referred to reports of the defections as "rumors" and said he has talked to his counterparts at other Big East schools.
"Talking through it and really trying to do what we can to ensure that as the conference moves forward we move forward together to strengthen the conference and to put us in a very good position," Manuel said. "I've talked to at least one other conference member who's at a basketball institution just to let them know my feelings and hear their thoughts about their concerns and the issues that are going on. But I can't control what they do. I want them, we want them at UConn, to stay a part of the league because we feel they bring the strength on the basketball side and the other Olympic sports and we want them to be a part of the league."

Manuel reiterated Thursday that he is confident the athletic programs will continue to thrive, no matter its conference home.
"My hope is stabilization for UConn and what we're doing going forward," Manuel said on WTIC. "Nobody likes to operate in a rocky environment, an unstable environment. And we're going to be committed and in this conference. So we want to make sure that the conference is stable for us to compete in all of our sports. And so my hope is, this goes away ... if they leave, we have to make sure that we're doing the right things to stabilize this environment that we're in and move forward, and control the things that we can control."

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-big-east-future-1214-20121213,0,2561546.story
That does not comfort me. Not. One. Bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom