Walker's Visit this weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Walker's Visit this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Come on Geno , don't let her leave Storrs without getting a verbal.
Is Geno even allowed to have any contact with a recruit on an unofficial visit? Not sure what the NCAA rules are on this stuff.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Come on Geno , don't let her leave Storrs without getting a verbal.

Do you think she reads the Boneyard, cuz this is sorta nice recruiting material don't you think?

“It was huge, being able to come to Connecticut and have Coach Auriemma push you as a person and a player; no one else does that across the country, no matter what you say, they don’t do that,” said Stewart during an interview on the ESPN telecast. “They are preparing you to be great not only for the college level but for what’s to come, they know you’re goals are bigger than just being at UConn.”

1-2-3: UConn Trio Makes Draft History - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Reaction Score
Is Geno even allowed to have any contact with a recruit on an unofficial visit? Not sure what the NCAA rules are on this stuff.
As long as she is on campus he can speak with her. Unless the rules have changed, anything she purchases such as meals, souvenirs, etc. on campus can't be paid for by UConn. Also, if lodging is off campus, it also can't be paid for by UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As long as she is on campus he can speak with her. Unless the rules have changed, anything she purchases such as meals, souvenirs, etc. on campus can't be paid for by UConn. Also, if lodging is off campus, it also can't be paid for by UConn.
Rules have not changed you nailed it.

Reaction Score

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that on an "unofficial" visit, a kid can do whatever he/she wants. Free country. Talk to profs, meet coaches, attend classes, etc. Just can't be reimbursed for any expenses. And a kid can visit as many times as he/she likes. Again, free country.

Have I got that right?

Reaction Score
Do you think she reads the Boneyard, cuz this is sorta nice recruiting material don't you think?

“It was huge, being able to come to Connecticut and have Coach Auriemma push you as a person and a player; no one else does that across the country, no matter what you say, they don’t do that,” said Stewart during an interview on the ESPN telecast. “They are preparing you to be great not only for the college level but for what’s to come, they know you’re goals are bigger than just being at UConn.”

1-2-3: UConn Trio Makes Draft History - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA
Chills...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nothing expected to be signed then. But most of the time, a woman's verbal is almost as good. Male athletes, not so much.

So, a verbal would be nice, wouldn't it? Can I legally say that?

Wait, is Brenda Frese in the picture? :cool:

Reaction Score
Didn't Boykin,Samuelson,and Collier give their verbals at about this time at the end of their junior year? Ms.Walker is now nearing this same period in her junior year also.You all know what this means.This is a good sign.Whoops,can't say that word.Bird and Taurasi visited Maya in person while they were in Russia according to the Voles,so since they are in the U.S. right now....just saying maybe they can bring some Wendy burgers,take a trip to ESPN and break some bread together.Tennessee will probably have drones with cameras flying around Storrs this weekend.If any of you are in the area this weekend there are ways to bring them down.lol

HGN

Reaction Score
I think he is allowed if they are on the UCONN campus.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think he is allowed if they are on the UCONN campus.

Actually, if the family goes back to their lodging he can call them. He cannot talk to them on campus. What I just said is totally false as far as I know, but, then, it seems the NCASEC has special rules for UConn and they are "double secret."

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I'm not sure but I sure hope she is allowed the use of a pen......
Actually, the use of a pen is NOT allowed in her case until November 15. That is why the most she can offer this weekend is a verbal commitment.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
My WAG about Ms Walker. It appears that she has narrowed her list down to UConn and Notre Dame by announcing a (final?) visit to each. It is possible that whichever school (or program) persuades her that her destiny will best be fulfilled for four important years gets her verbal commitment.

Only she and her very tight circle of family and advisers know what her priorities are and if she is "leaning" in either direction.

And I like our chances.;)

Reaction Score
My WAG about Ms Walker. It appears that she has narrowed her list down to UConn and Notre Dame by announcing a (final?) visit to each. It is possible that whichever school (or program) persuades her that her destiny will best be fulfilled for four important years gets her verbal commitment.

Only she and her very tight circle of family and advisers know what her priorities are and if she is "leaning" in either direction.

And I like our chances.;)
I always wondered why ND waits until the fall to bring recruits on campus. That seems like that would put them behind in the recruiting game. I know it has to do with wanting the recruit to experience a football Saturday, but WCBB recruits aren't going to be playing football. Meanwhile that sly old dog Geno seems to like entertaining recruits just after the WNBA draft. Sure the campus isn't buzzing like a P5 campus during a glorious fall afternoon amidst the college football season, and yeah the campus isn't exactly pretty this time of year with trees still bare and sometimes the last of the snow piles still hanging around, but if you're a top WCBB recruit, I imagine the buzz on the internet and the media from a freshly won title and high WNBA draft picks trumps anything a football weekend offers. It's a smart strategy and quite simple: strike while the iron is hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom