Waiting for Nelson's explanation | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Waiting for Nelson's explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Louisville. Holy crap, I forgot Louisville. Louisville is a great reason to stay in the AAC. We will have a tremendous rivalry with Louisville over the next 20 years in this hellhole of a conference. You have made the greatest argument in the history of the Boneyard with this post. I can't give you enough likes for it, so I won't give you any.

He didn't say that. Just that you were wrong about the AAC this year. Its a fact. I know you struggle with them, but many us like facts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He didn't say that. Just that you were wrong about the AAC this year. Its a fact. I know you struggle with them, but many us like facts.

I didn't forget Louisville. You are apparently too thick to understand that you can't include a team that is not going to be in the conference as an argument for why the conference is good. You can't include a team that is not going to be in the conference as an argument for why the conference is good. You can't include a team that is not going to be in the conference as an argument for why the conference is good.

There. I said it three times. You should understand now.

Reaction Score
I didn't forget Louisville. You are apparently too thick to understand that you can't include a team that is not going to be in the conference as an argument for why the conference is good. You can't include a team that is not going to be in the conference as an argument for why the conference is good. You can't include a team that is not going to be in the conference as an argument for why the conference is good.

Actually you said it three times and said it wrong three times. You might have an argument if you said you can't include a team that is not going to be in the conference as an argument for why the conference will be good in the future. However since we are discussing how good the conference was this year, what teams should we be discussing if not the teams that are in it now? It seems like you are so married to your point of view that you block out all reason and logic to make your point. What you don't realize is that most people with a brain will see this and discount, most if not all, of what you say because they know it comes with agenda and doesn't rely on facts or reality only on your attempt to convince others that you are right. So even your valid points are dismissed because they are lost in all the other crap you throw out.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Actually you said it three times and said it wrong three times. You might have an argument if you said you can't include a team that is not going to be in the conference as an argument for why the conference will be good in the future. However since we are discussing how good the conference was this year, what teams should we be discussing if not the teams that are in it now? It seems like you are so married to your point of view that you block out all reason and logic to make your point. What you don't realize is that most people with a brain will see this and discount, most if not all, of what you say because they know it comes with agenda and doesn't rely on facts or reality only on your attempt to convince others that you are right. So even your valid points are dismissed because they are lost in all the other crap you throw out.

We aren't discussing the conference this year. I didn't read the rest of your post.

Reaction Score

While you're touting all the tournament credits the BE is getting, its pretty convenient not to mention we're getting all of Louisville's this year.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
We aren't discussing the conference this year. I didn't read the rest of your post.

When the comment is how good the conference was this year, it does make you think its about the conference this year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson,

You are not doing the complete math on this. If you were, you would see that it makes financial sense to stay in the AAC for at least the next 3-4 years. If we are still where we are at the end of 3-4 years then UConn needs to evaluate its options. In the meantime, as painful as it is, we need to support the AAC to the extent it benefits UConn. It's as simple as that.

The basketball team will be playing in front of 6-8k people on a regular basis and the football program will be lucky to draw 25k if we are still in this league in 4 years.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
While you're touting all the tournament credits the BE is getting, its pretty convenient not to mention we're getting all of Louisville's this year.

How much of Syracuse's, Louisville's, Pitt's, Georgetown's, Notre Dame's, Villanova's, and Marquette's tournament credits will we be getting next year, and the year after, and the year after? Because those schools have gone to a lot of NCAA tournaments over the last few years.

If you have a plan where the C7, and the departed football schools can pay us exit fees every year indefinitely, then lets hear it. I would be 100% behind that strategy if it exists. I look forward to hearing more about it.

Reaction Score
We have all the credits they earned being dispursed to us, along with the exit fees. That will give us an advantage over the BE schools in money for a few more years.

We can stop an evaluate everything after that well runs dry.

But they ain't going independent, and I think you should just drop this hobby horse. For the past few years its been Death, Taxes, and Nelson suggesting UConn go independent in football despite the fact that they don't have the support or money to do so.

Reaction Score
This guys is a couple of fries short of a happy meal, UConn carried the whole BE for more then a decade by itself before the other programs got their act together, the american is not new territory. Wichita St, St Joes, Memphis they all got number one seeds playing in dreadful conferences Ville got a 4 seed by beating conference foes they played nobody outside of the conference but a glorified all american high school team in kentucky. Kevin Ollie said it best will toughen our OC schedule

This was The American first year and its champion went on to beat The Big 12 Champion which opened a few eyes and with ECU coming in next year UCF, ECU,Cincy, SMU, Houston gives it a good core and mind you I didnt even mention USF nor UConns potential. Outside of ND the independents have zero shot at making the New Big Bowls which are worth what atleast 20-40 million dollars?
going independent is pretty much killing the football program and dropping our basketball to division 2 because is no secret that the 5 power conferences are dying to break away from the corrupted NCAA and when they do they are not going to bring basketball only schools with them but instead will go with the ones that play both.

The american may not be the ideal basketball conference but as of today it is the best option for the athletic program as a whole

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
But they ain't going independent, and I think you should just drop this hobby horse. For the past few years its been Death, Taxes, and Nelson suggesting UConn go independent in football despite the fact that they don't have the support or money to do so.

UConn's athletic program will die in the AAC, so I think you should just drop this hobby horse. For the past few years its been Death, Taxes and tzznandrew suggesting UConn can survive in this hellhole of a league despite the fact that they don't have the support or money to do so.

Reaction Score
UConn's athletic program will die in the AAC, so I think you should just drop this hobby horse. For the past few years its been Death, Taxes and tzznandrew suggesting UConn can survive in this hellhole of a league despite the fact that they don't have the support or money to do so.

We have a huge, fun weekend ahead of us. You are entitled to your opinion but I beg you to stop rubbing it in everyone's noses for a few days. Before you make me into a Tea Party supporter just because I hope it bugs you.

Reaction Score
We have a huge, fun weekend ahead of us. You are entitled to your opinion but I beg you to stop rubbing it in everyone's noses for a few days. Before you make me into a Tea Party supporter just because I hope it bugs you.
Don't you realize its Nelson job to annoy everyone with his negative and useless posts?

Reaction Score

No it won't. It will suffer, which is why almost everyone here wants out, but it won't die.

The athletic department might die if football goes independent.

Reaction Score
The basketball team will be playing in front of 6-8k people on a regular basis and the football program will be lucky to draw 25k if we are still in this league in 4 years.

Maybe, maybe not. But that will have more to do with the fans and how UConn programs compete. The fact that our fan base has driven up the ticket price of a regional semifinal so it dwarfs the price of final four tickets speaks volumes (although that could change if a certain Northeast team makes the final four). Memphis draws nearly 17,000 regardless of conference and opponent. The NBE isn't the answer, Georgetown attendance was down nearly 17% and it's going to get worse. An indy schedule in football could yield an even drearier schedule, but few would know because you would never see us on TV. Even if we secure games with a handful of P5 teams, the balance of the schedule would be bleak. You can pretty much rule out any legit post season bowl. The long term solution is to join a P5 conference, and for now, the university is going about the right way. We need to win. Our athletes are up to the challenge. You, not so much.

Reaction Score
Louisville. Holy crap, I forgot Louisville. Louisville is a great reason to stay in the AAC. We will have a tremendous rivalry with Louisville over the next 20 years in this hellhole of a conference. You have made the greatest argument in the history of the Boneyard with this post. I can't give you enough likes for it, so I won't give you any.
You forget a lot. Have you been tested for dementia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom