2024 Recruiting: - Vlad Goldin | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Vlad Goldin

Reaction Score
He's been an RAPM darling for 2 years now. The guards at FAU got all the credit, but he was the literal backbone of those teams.

He's a perfect Clingan replacement.
we’d need to him improve his defense but his offensive game would fit our system well.
His defense rated much stronger (like elite) last year and replacement level this year. Will be interesting to dive in and see what changed.

Reaction Score
He's been an RAPM darling for 2 years now. The guards at FAU got all the credit, but he was the literal backbone of those teams.

His defense rated much stronger (like elite) last year and replacement level this year. Will be interesting to dive in and see what changed.

What's his PORPAGATU!?

Reaction Score

Gotta think Tom has done his due diligence there. I noticed the huge drop off (drop up?) in DRTG this year--he was very solid beforehand.

Only other thing I would like to see a bit more detail on is his passing. The actual number per-40 isn't solid, but it could be the way they used him at FAU.

Reaction Score
What's his PORPAGATU!?
Fairly confident this is in jest, but it's 4.1, which is very good. Clingan is 4.3. Both would be higher if they played more minutes like Kalkbrenner (5.8).

Coming from the American, I'd expect him to still have a 3.5-4.0 PRPG! next season at a high major. There historically has not been much drop-off from that level (any competition increase is offset by player development).

So that would put him top 20 in the Big East, a very good starter to All-Conference caliber player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His team's defense splits with him "ON" court the last 2 years against top 200 comp, garbage time filtered out.
vlad-goldin-23-and-24.png

Opponents shot better at the rim and got there more often this past year, which is a bit troubling for him. They made a ton more 2pt mid shots. The team forced less turnovers and gave up more rebounds.

Overall worse in almost every way. Could be them going up a level of competition to AAC. Could be laziness after the run last year. Could be the guards played worse and he had to clean up more.

Here's his personal stats the last 2 years. Block rate was slightly higher this year, so doesn't seem like his activity level decreased. He personally fouled less frequently, so that's a great sign (more blocks with less fouls is very good). His rebound numbers did get a little worse, but still elite.
vlad-goldin.png

I'm betting the tape would show a lack of focus by the team on defense and especially their guards getting too big for their britches and letting too many guys by them to the rim and not putting enough pressure on the opponent.

Reaction Score
Fairly confident this is in jest, but it's 4.1, which is very good. Clingan is 4.3. Both would be higher if they played more minutes like Kalkbrenner (5.8).

Coming from the American, I'd expect him to still have a 3.5-4.0 PRPG! next season at a high major. There historically has not been much drop-off from that level (any competition increase is offset by player development).

So that would put him top 20 in the Big East, a very good starter to All-Conference caliber player.

I love the acronym so semi in jest but I also appreciate the stat nerd stuff that I don't really understand.

Reaction Score
Ranked 15th in Athletic's transfer portal rankings.

Reaction Score
Interesting… figured he’d follow May to Michigan.

Happy Friday!

Goldin runs the floor excellently for a 7'1 240 big. He's in excellent shape and has a great motor.

I also love that his production and efficiency has improved in each and every season in college basketball, which is especially impressive as FAU's schedule has gotten tougher and tougher from the start of his sophomore season to the end of his senior year.

Screen Shot 2024-04-05 at 2.39.14 PM.jpg

Just a really good, all-around big. I'm game.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This makes soooo much more sense. I’m sure the staff thinks they can fix whatever defensive mistakes he made last season. You can’t teach size and especially touch at that size. Think he has 2 years remaining as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom