Visiting Fenway Park next Sun | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Visiting Fenway Park next Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Anybody been to Bleacher Bar or the Baseball Tavern?

Bleacher Bar is great but you have to get there early enough to get a good spot at the window to watch batting practice. If you're late and it gets full, you might as well go elsewhere because the whole point of being in this tiny, ultra crowded bar is to see the players on the field up close.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Thanks everyone!

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Pretty sure parking at 100 Clarendon is $10 for red sox games.

This is correct. I parked in Clarendon last weekend when I was in town for my first Red Sox game and thought it was super convenient. Took the T back to Copley and had a couple block walk to the garage, though it's easily walkable from Fenway too if you prefer.

Reaction Score
Also worth noting for those that insist on taking the "T" that they've recently expanded the Yawkey Commuter rail station and the # of trains that stop there. So there are trains leaving Yawkey - 2 minutes from Fenway gates virtually every hour. Less crowded & quicker trains then green line. Only problem with this for night games is either you get a 10:40 train (miss end of some games) or 11:40pm train.

These trains go MUCH faster than T and stop in Newton, Wellesley, Natick, Framingham etc.. You get from Yawkey/Fenway to Wellesley in 20 minutes (this would take an hour on green line type "T"). I commute into Boston so when I'm going to a night game I park in Wellesley (not my normal train line) and take one of these trains home.

The biggest little known key to this is a train from South Station in Financial District/downtown Boston gets to Fenway in under 10 minutes. Take the Green Line from the same area and it is at least 30 minutes. Yet hundreds more people go to Fenway on the green line. The commuter rail train stops at Back Bay so this method would also work if you park at Pru or Common - but you are also close enough to have a nice walk from there.
MBTA Commuter Rail > Framingham / Worcester Lines Schedules and Maps

Reaction Score
Drive all the way in and park at a meter on Beacon Street out in Brookline or Commonwealth Avenue out by BU and walk to the park. It's free the whole time you'll be there. Taking the T out to Riverside after a Sox game can take a long time.

Reaction Score
I despise the Red Sox (I'm with you, Mau) but Lansdowne is a really great bar. My band played there a few times in the past and that place hops, the people are great, beers flow beautifully, and the clientele is quite visually pleasing.

Reaction Score
I went a few weekends ago, though I stayed overnight in Copley. You can drive, take the D line (Woodland is my preferred parking locations, though, I often parked at Chestnut Hill after regular working hours without an issue. The Worcester Commuter line also has a stop at Fenway now; but, I have never taken that so don't know the schedule off-hand and how effective it is. Driving in Boston is a hot mess. I would be worried about street parking as there are specific rules on game day, such as in Brookline where most areas ban game day parking. Some of BU's parking lots are also available for game day parking. Its about a 20 minute walk, perfectly safe and plenty of bars to try on the way; but, the Hancock garage on Clarendon has a discount for game day parking after regular working hours. That is typically what I do as I park there, meet friends at Pour House, which is half-way to Fenway, for pregame drinks and harassment (I'm a Yankees fan) and then go to the game. Sober up on the way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom