Visiting Fenway Park next Sun | The Boneyard

Visiting Fenway Park next Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
A friend suggested driving from CT to the Riverside T station. The game is at 8pm. How late does the T run?

I think we will go in the afternoon to visit the pubs around the park. Haven't been in 10 years, any favorites worth trying?

Thanks

Reaction Score
A friend suggested driving from CT to the Riverside T station. The game is at 8pm. How late does the T run?

I think we will go in the afternoon to visit the pubs around the park. Haven't been in 10 years, any favorites worth trying?

Thanks
I would recommend parking at the Prudential Center.
The T is great but after a late night game, you'll wish you weren't riding an hour back to the car.

Reaction Score
Absolutely do not take the green line from Riverside Station. It's at least a 45 minute ride to Fenway. And not a fun one with all the stops and the crappy bouncy ride of the green line. After an 8:00 game that's the last thing you need.

As someone mentioned above you can park in the Prudential Center and avoid all the hassle of the Fenway area traffic (which I will admit is difficult to navigate for someone not from around here) and it couldn't be any easier in and out from the Mass Pike. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to Fenway from the Pru. Here's the web site - Boston shopping | Boston restaurants | Contact Prudential Center

Just take the Mass. Pike to exit 22. After exiting the Pike the exit splits so stay to the left for the Prudential Center (It's well marked. Staying to the right goes to Copley Square). The entrance to the Pru parking is about 5 feet on the right past the stop sign at the end of the exit ramp. I'm not sure where the exit from the garage is to tell you how to get back on the Pike to go home. I'd call and ask (phone number is on the web site). If you exit onto Huntington Avenue (where you entered the garage) just take a right out of the garage and continue west on Huntington and take a right on to Massachusetts Avenue. The entrance to the Mass Pike is about half a mile on the left at Newbury St. (you'll see TJ Maxx on the right) which is about 100 feet past the intersection of Mass Ave. and Boylston St.

If you have any specific questions you can PM me.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Park at Riverside and take the T. If there's a game, the T will be running when the game is done. I've been to many night games, and I've never gotten stuck.

Reaction Score

Thanks

When you get there turn around head west on the pike to 84 and head to NYC to 95 to the Bronx. That's your best bet ;)

Reaction Score
In terms of drinking places. If you like good beer try the Yardhouse or Boston Beer Works, both on Brookline Avenue. Yardhouse has surprisingly decent food. Bukowski Tavern also has a good beer list and is very close to the Pru.

In Kenmore Square there's Cornwall's. Classic pub. Although an English pub and not an Irish pub.

Sweetcheeks is an upscale BBQ place that I like a lot. You can drink there also.

Alexd like Dillon's, which is close to the Pru and on your way to Fenway. You can make that the first stop if you're bar hopping.

If you want a dive bar try Cask 'n Flagon. If you're over 25 you might not like this place.

Game On is attached to Fenway, and has a window overlooking the park. I've never had good luck getting in there since it's packed before Sox games.

If your drinking and eating tastes are more upscale try Citizen's Public House. Very good food but would have to make a reservation for dinner. Or Eastern Standard in Kenmore Square. Big bar area there.

Reaction Score
Park at Riverside and take the T. If there's a game, the T will be running when the game is done. I've been to many night games, and I've never gotten stuck.
I'm curious why you like taking the T to Fenway. Unless someone is deathly afraid to drive into Boston I can't think of any reason why people do it. It takes way too long and the ride is not a pleasant one. Plus cramming hundreds of smelly people into the green line cars for an hour ride is just not appealing to me.

Reaction Score
Park on the street. Free parking on Sunday's
I would do that but asking someone who isn't familiar with the area to do that is tough. The Fenway area and Kenmore Square aren't the easiest places to navigate. If you want to park on the street I've always found the easiest place to find spots is usually on Bay State Rd. near Boston University.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Anybody been to Bleacher Bar or the Baseball Tavern?

Reaction Score
Anybody been to Bleacher Bar or the Baseball Tavern?
Baseball Tavern is cool. Tiny floors though so it gets very crowded. Try to get a table on the roof deck if it's nice out.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Baseball Tavern is cool. Tiny floors though so it gets very crowded.
Thanks for all the detail on the Prudentenial Center. Parking looked steep but I read further & it says Red Sox games $18.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm curious why you like taking the T to Fenway. Unless someone is deathly afraid to drive into Boston I can't think of any reason why people do it. It takes way too long and the ride is not a pleasant one. Plus cramming hundreds of smelly people into the green line cars for an hour ride is just not appealing to me.

I go to a few games a year, and always park at Riverside. Yup, the ride back sucks, but I pretty much always get home quicker than friends who insist on driving into Boston.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the detail on the Prudentenial Center. Parking looked steep but I read further & it says Red Sox games $18.

My red sox weekend parking secret. Drive to south end, all the cross streets between Dartmouth and Mass avenue have 10-12 visitor parking spots ( usually the first three or four on each side, on each end ). Visitor spots have no time limits on the weekends. enjoy!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
@GemParty my personal favorite place to grab a beer before a Sox game is the Lower Depths. Excellent beer selection and they have fairly priced pub food including some "gourmet" franks. It isn't a chain and its not quite as expensive as some of the bars closer to the park. The Lower Depths Tap Room

Reaction Score
When you get there turn around head west on the pike to 84 and head to NYC to 95 to the Bronx. That's your best bet ;)
But he wants to see a winning team. A team that has a chance to make the playoffs. :)

Reaction Score
Baseball Tavern is cool. Tiny floors though so it gets very crowded. Try to get a table on the roof deck if it's nice out.

My girlfriend lives in back bay. I usually drive up on a Friday afternoon and leave on Sunday afternoon. I park at riverside and take the T to Hynes. Costs me $20 to park and $5.50 for the T. Do you know of anywhere around back bay I'd be able to park for the weekend for $30 or so? I'd rather do that.

Sorry to hijack the thread Gem.

Reaction Score
My girlfriend lives in back bay. I usually drive up on a Friday afternoon and leave on Sunday afternoon. I park at riverside and take the T to Hynes. Costs me $20 to park and $5.50 for the T. Do you know of anywhere around back bay I'd be able to park for the weekend for $30 or so? I'd rather do that.

Sorry to hijack the thread Gem.
Not off hand. But I'll think about it. That is a problem if you're visiting every weekend. Boston Commons Garage is probably the cheapest place. Looks like you can get a monthly weekend pass for $150. That's not bad. Has to be a better way. Too bad your girlfriend doesn't know anyone who has parking spaces in the Back Bay and doesn't use them on the weekend.

Looks like 100 Clarendon Street Garage is a better deal. $125 for monthly pass if you enter after 3:30 pm on Friday and leave by 9:30 am on Monday. There's your $30 a weekend if you come up every weekend. And if you don't come up every weekend the Freedom Plan sounds good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But he wants to see a winning team. A team that has a chance to make the playoffs. :)

Amazing we're still not that far off and you guys think you have a good team LOL;)

We suck, just having some fun Hoop

Reaction Score
I've gone to Fenway at least once a year for probably 30 years. For the last 5-10 years (my memory is foggy), Lansdowne Pub is my pre-game go-to. Great food and drink. Great look on the inside - almost like a larger Vaughan's in it's Irish look and feel. Love it here. It's right past House of Blues. They have what seems like 100 beers, very good selection...Much better IMO than Cask or Beerworks. Not that I think either of those two are bad, but Beerworks always seems to have a line. Cask always seems packed (or maybe that's just everyone sitting outside I don't know). But if you hit LP around 5, 5:30, you'll get a table right away. Like I said, great food and beer and atmosphere - you will thank me later because I think there are a lot of Sox fans who travel from outside of Mass who don't even know about this place, they just hear about Cask and Beerworks....and LP is BETTER (IMO).

Here's the link.
HOME

Reaction Score
I'm a season ticket holder, park in town. The pru is a good choice and you'll be in your car and out of town pretty darn quickly. There's also a lot diagonal (looking left out the front door of ICOB) it stupidly close to fenway. Fair warning it's outside (it's a pay to park lot) I got caught there one night because the car in front of me wouldn't start and they had backed me against a tree. Nothing better than jack assing around at midnight when you've got a three hour ride home. As you can tell from my drive, I get to about 10-12 games a year and disperse the rest of the tickets.

Reaction Score
Not off hand. But I'll think about it. That is a problem if you're visiting every weekend. Boston Commons Garage is probably the cheapest place. Looks like you can get a monthly weekend pass for $150. That's not bad. Has to be a better way. Too bad your girlfriend doesn't know anyone who has parking spaces in the Back Bay and doesn't use them on the weekend.

Looks like 100 Clarendon Street Garage is a better deal. $125 for monthly pass if you enter after 3:30 pm on Friday and leave by 9:30 am on Monday. There's your $30 a weekend if you come up every weekend. And if you don't come up every weekend the Freedom Plan sounds good.

Thanks for the links. Looks like the $125 100 Clarendon is only for residents otherwise that would definitely be the spot. I'm usually up about 3 weekends a month so it might just be best for me to stick with the status quo.

Reaction Score
Mau be nice. Everybody is different. Some people love horror movies and others like seeing disasters happen live, you know tornado chasers.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the links. Looks like the $125 100 Clarendon is only for residents otherwise that would definitely be the spot. I'm usually up about 3 weekends a month so it might just be best for me to stick with the status quo.
That's interesting since I didn't see anything on the web site that you had to be a resident.

Prudential parking garage has a similar deal but it doesn't say it's just for residents. I would just go talk to the manager at the Pru parking garage and see if you could work some kind of deal. They have a huge parking garage to fill with limited demand on the weekends. I'm sure they'd want to get something from you rather than nothing. Parking garage operators typically will cut deals when they have excess capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom