Villanova Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Villanova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Gus said something extremely stupid. He should have said Caitlin Clark is the greatest women's college basketball player he's ever seen and nobody would have a problem with his opinion. Nobody actually believes Gus Johnson thinks Cailtin Clark is the greatest college basketball player he's ever seen but for some reason he said it multiple times.

Disingenuous comments like this do a disservice to female basketball players and male basketball players.
Again, agree to disagree. The guy has his opinion, I don’t think the world is up in arms about it like you guys are making it seem.

Reaction Score
How about a shout out for the officiating crew? Pat Driscoll and Tim Clougherty are two of the best in the game. They were fair and balanced, both between teams and from first half to second half. None of the bs of letting everything go early and then overcompensating later.
Only complaint was taking 3 minutes to determine an out of bounds with 1:30 left to play in a blowout. Just make the call. It isn’t that big a deal whether UConn wins by 20 or 24. Sometimes it doesn’t really matter if you get it wrong. The game was over. No reason to spend time reviewing a irrelevant call.

Reaction Score
Gus said something extremely stupid. He should have said Caitlin Clark is the greatest women's college basketball player he's ever seen and nobody would have a problem with his opinion. Nobody actually believes Gus Johnson thinks Cailtin Clark is the greatest college basketball player he's ever seen but for some reason he said it multiple times.

Disingenuous comments like this do a disservice to female basketball players and male basketball players.
Who Cares GIF by Judge Judy

Reaction Score
Again, agree to disagree. The guy has his opinion, I don’t think the world is up in arms about it like you guys are making it seem.
This idea that opinions can’t be wrong is stupid.

Bad ideas and opinions deserve to be called bad.

Reaction Score

No, it’s not. You don’t know what constitutes impressiveness in his eyes. You can certainly disagree with him. Doesn’t make him wrong.

Reaction Score

If I hadn't been on this board for so long I would think it is insane that people are so up in arms about this.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Caitlin could not bring the ball up court in a men's college basketball game. She couldn't get off a shot.

She is tremendous playing against women. Andrew Hurley would be an All American if he played women's college basketball.

The statement by the announcer was idiotic. It was also unfair to Caitlin.
I call BS on that - Anyone of her ability could of course bring the ball up court vs some mens teams - absolutely and could get a shot off - at least once in 40 minutes

Reaction Score
I call BS on that - Anyone of her ability could of course bring the ball up court vs some mens teams - absolutely and could get a shot off - at least once in 40 minutes
It’s a lazy and borderline bigoted hill people die on.

Reaction Score
What’s surprising to me is that Solo Ball has basically lost a good share of his minutes.

A lot more Diarra and Stewart off the bench.
Not too surprising. I wasn't high on Diarra coming into the season but it is hard to justify not having him on the floor. He has cut down on his bonehead plays, his 3 pt % is a respectable 35% (double last year), and his defense has continued to improve. Assist/TO ratio is greater than 2:1. He has also showed the ability to finish when driving to the basket. Only almost any metric, as well as the eye test, he is outplaying Ball. the lack of Ball's playing time doesn't have much to do with Ball and almost everything to do with Diarra.

Stewart has also become quite valuable adding a strong body to the frontcourt. He is the logical person to give Karaban a few minutes of rest each half.

Reaction Score
If I hadn't been on this board for so long I would think it is insane that people are so up in arms about this.
I don’t think many are up in arms. It’s just something to talk about. We have 8 days off lmao

Reaction Score
It’s a lazy and borderline bigoted hill people die on.
Please stop. Bigoted???

It's different sports, Geno has talked openly about how dumb it is whenever people try and compare himself or women's players with men's coaches and men's players.

This isn't difficult.

Reaction Score
I get flack for my “please move this” shtick but every month of every year we have someone here force feeding us how great women’s players are and insulting those who challenge or disagree with that.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well that’s just your opinion to ones opinion.
Lots of people thought Steve Jobs ideas were wrong……….lots of people questioned that the world was flat rather than round, I guess the point is that you just never know. Some things are proven over time some are not. The real question would be is there a difference between an opinion and a hypothesis?

Reaction Score
There is a power tweeter in the UConn Twitterverse who could not rail against Gampel and the crowd enough. Was totally off his game. I think he was drunk. And I think he travelled from far away to attend.

BigLArryForearm
I’m actually a decent dude, I was having a bad night and I apologize. I love Gampel and the fans there! Much UConn love

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m actually a decent dude, I was having a bad night and I apologize. I love Gampel and the fans there! Much UConn love
I can attest.

Larry adopted one of my 11 week old black kittens. The mother got sick and eventually passed so I needed make sure I saved the kittens. Funny story, the mom was grey but somehow 4 kittens were black and 3 were calico. Weirdest combo of kitten litter colors I’ve ever seen. They had a minor case of the worms, but who doesn’t these days. Luckily Larry took one and I managed to give out the rest. Ironically a Syracuse fan took one of the calico cats, and it immediately died.

But anyways not many people will go out of their way to save a life. I sometimes go out of my way to buy people beers, which because I have a Chase credit card I anticipate doing a lot of that this weekend at MSG. So if anyone has the balls to have a conversation with me, and not want to rip your eyes out in frustration because I’ll be intoxicated beyond belief, then I’ll gladly do so. I need to spend a few more thousand dollars to get the $750 Chase travel credit for this card. Which I will use to travel in the future.

Maybe to Sicily, where I may find the love of my life. There’s no hope for American women these days. It’s all about how deep your pockets are and how obscure of a UConn jersey you own. Oh you don’t care that Johnnie Selvie was from Flint MI? Ok great go pound sand woman. But anyways if you couldn’t tell I’ve had a few drinks tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom