Very OT: Best CT Shopping Mall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Very OT: Best CT Shopping Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The man needs to go to a mall.

He asked which mall.

I am sure he's considered all of his various options and he just wants to visit a mall so that he can pick just the right Yankee Candle* for his mistress.

Can someone just answer his question?

* My advice - pick one of the nice Vanilla ones. The evergreen ones kinda say "whorehouse deodorizer" while the others all smell like stripper perfume to me. Which brings me to a story - once, my brother actually did buy his wife stripper perfume for Christmas. It had glitter. They're divorced now.

I just hit LIKE because of the divorce part. SEE ... they divorce you for all kinds of things.

Reaction Score
I need to finish my Xmas shopping and was thinking about going to the mall this weekend. I always buy online. I was going take the Mrs. to get some exercise and make a day of it. I'm in Fairfield County and I'm willing to travel to get something decent to eat, browse and even see a movie. Sure it will be crowded but we ain't buying a whole lot, just something to do since we haven't been to a mall in years.

So any good malls in CT to make a day of?

(I looking to find one better than the one in Milford)
Danbury Fair. Trust me I work at Macys. They have remodel and has a good selection of specialty stores. I use to travel the New England region as a training manager and had visited every mall. West Farms is good also but why travel when you could hit Danbury Fair or The Westchester for a more upscale mall.

Reaction Score
Buckland is a nice mall in manchester, but I do love the Westfield mall in Milford

Reaction Score
It no longer exists, but I miss the old New London Mall. True, there's a structure in its former place called that, but by my standards, it's not a mall if you have to walk outside to get to each different store. I miss the classic days when they had Bradlees, Hickory Farms, the Orange Julius stand and all that. I actually met Ray Allen at the Papa Gino's there back in 1995.

Loved that mall... Strawberries was where I bought all of tapes back in the day.

Reaction Score
I find that by going to The UConn Co-op, Cabela's, a liquor store and buying a few restaurant gift certificates I can knock out my whole xmas list. I have no need to go to a Mall.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Eastbrook Mall, Willimantic, CT:rolleyes:

How is that place still open?

Reaction Score
j-dog has the answer if you must leave the comforts of your keyboard. Clinton Crossing has the outdoors, air and good enough stores especially with Nike and Under Armour. Being in WesMass I am actually going to the Lee Outlets today prior to the game because the boss wants to.

By the way at Clinton NIKE they have nice UConn hoodies with the new Husky and swoosh in front in national flag blue on sale for 23 bucks - that was Thursday last week! I bought my son one they are very good quality

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The true answer is Westfarms. It has a Nordstrom. Chicks dig Nordstrom.

Reaction Score
Hartford Civic Center used to be in a Mall.. that counts in my book, go to the game today and buy her Jersey.

Reaction Score
The true answer is Westfarms. It has a Nordstrom. Chicks dig Nordstrom.
I would never take my wife to Nordstroms. Even if I did, there is not one department I could find to seek a bargain. She would recognize my hesitancy and go right for the $450 overpriced dress just to give me a stroke, and laugh at my immediate declining health and put it back. Then she'll take me to Talbots and think that buying a similar dress at $250 is a huge savings.

Hell no I won't go to Norstrom, won't even cut through the store. Too scary for me. Oh and many 'chicks' there are high maintenance (obviously).

Reaction Score
Amazon Prime is choice #1. If you have to go to a mall, for me I usually go to a mall for clothes & shoes because one can't try on clothes/ shoes to see if the fit online, I would pick whichever mall is closest that has a good array of choices - Danbury Fair, Connecticut Post in Milford (current name?), WestFarms on the West Hartford/ Farmington line or Crystal (current name?) In Waterford. Traffic at the mall will suck no matter what, so why add another 30 minute drive to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom