Very OT: Best CT Shopping Mall | The Boneyard

Very OT: Best CT Shopping Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I need to finish my Xmas shopping and was thinking about going to the mall this weekend. I always buy online. I was going take the Mrs. to get some exercise and make a day of it. I'm in Fairfield County and I'm willing to travel to get something decent to eat, browse and even see a movie. Sure it will be crowded but we ain't buying a whole lot, just something to do since we haven't been to a mall in years.

So any good malls in CT to make a day of?

(I looking to find one better than the one in Milford)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't know. I have not been inside a shopping mall in over 20 years. Don't plan on ever being inside one again.

Don't like shopping.
Don't like malls.
Don't like crowds.
Truth be told, I like my wife, my kids and grandkids, and maybe 3 or 4 other people.
Shopping malls don't fit very well into my comfort zone.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't know. I have not been inside a shopping mall in over 20 years. Don't plan on ever being inside one again.

Don't like shopping.
Don't like malls.
Don't like crowds.
Truth be told, I like my wife, my kids and grandkids, and maybe 3 or 4 other people.
Shopping malls don't fit very well into my comfort zone.
Damn Rich, I don't go to them either and simply wanted to check one out. It really won't take much to talk me out of it, and you know make me want to delete the thread. LOL

Anyway I thought it would be an interesting way for me and the Mrs to get our walk on and get some adventure.

Reaction Score
Kitaman said:
Damn Rich, I don't go to them either and simply wanted to check one out. It really won't take much to talk me out of it, and you know make me want to delete the thread. LOL Anyway I thought it would be an interesting way for me and the Mrs to get our walk on and get some adventure.

West Farms was always the go to back in my day, but that may be too much of a haul from Fairfield. You almost are better off going into New York if you're going to drive that much.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
eBay and Amazon.com. I am now addicted to on-line ordering. I'll never set foot in a mall again.

Reaction Score
WestFarms is nice but I don't think you can make a day out of it though and if your wife likes to shop you might be in big trouble.

Reaction Score
husky99 said:
Amazon prime

Bingo. Pay your 99 a year and get everything you want for free two day shipping plus their Netflix ripoff. Too easy.

Reaction Score
Are you sure you want to visit a mall right before Xmas? But if you insist, the best mall in CT is West Farms. But expect bad traffic in and out of center. The weather this weekend is not going to be horrible. Why not shop between Broadway and Chapel St in New Haven and then get some apizza. I think there is a thread on here that can recommend a place or two.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The man needs to go to a mall.

He asked which mall.

I am sure he's considered all of his various options and he just wants to visit a mall so that he can pick just the right Yankee Candle* for his mistress.

Can someone just answer his question?

* My advice - pick one of the nice Vanilla ones. The evergreen ones kinda say "whorehouse deodorizer" while the others all smell like stripper perfume to me. Which brings me to a story - once, my brother actually did buy his wife stripper perfume for Christmas. It had glitter. They're divorced now.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
once, my brother actually did buy his wife stripper perfume for Christmas. It had glitter. They're divorced now.

And I'll be he bought it at a damned mall!
They are evil places.
2nd on the list of evil places only to Disney theme parks.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It no longer exists, but I miss the old New London Mall. True, there's a structure in its former place called that, but by my standards, it's not a mall if you have to walk outside to get to each different store. I miss the classic days when they had Bradlees, Hickory Farms, the Orange Julius stand and all that. I actually met Ray Allen at the Papa Gino's there back in 1995.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Xmas?

Why not "Happy Winter Celebration" for f^cks sake!?

You don't have to participate in the Christmas Season you know. We don't need you half a^^ing it to keep us going.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
And I'll be he bought it at a damned mall!
They are evil places.
2nd on the list of evil places only to Disney theme parks.
Okay, who is with me? I liked Disney theme parks when kids were little. It was fun. Some people don't like crowds.

Reaction Score
Okay, who is with me? I liked Disney theme parks when kids were little. It was fun. Some people don't like crowds.
I went to Disney World in October and had a blast. Such an awesome place.

Reaction Score
Go over to white plains to the westchester or whatever the hell it's called, you're in Fairfield county it's right next door.

Reaction Score
go to the source: The Great Danbury State Fair: hit the sideshows. especially 2 headed twopoint5 boo bed cobra gal; she sell yo anythang yo needz; also mall on site be good; dont thinktank it; check shell of former self pet shop: all dee babee huskies yo could wants to p;ick 6

any jones remember stock car races at track or midget races?

anybod name most famous stock car racer to grace winners squared circle? gottz to be reel deels in place

Reaction Score
if yo whiff danbury; short jaunt to richfield to cheque revolutionhairy battlefields, lafayette, woosterrd, rochambeau, keeler bargrillwit cannon ballz, allcot luisa maye ghost mansion, & dare shopping on mainly st but yo gooza home wit empty pocket

stopgap: chek cheque czech encampment genl izaha puts dem parkski, shop woods, many art fax

Reaction Score
if yo whiff danbury; short jaunt to richfield to cheque revolutionhairy battlefields, lafayette, woosterrd, rochambeau, keeler bargrillwit cannon ballz, allcot luisa maye ghost mansion, & dare shopping on mainly st but yo gooza home wit empty pocket

stopgap: chek cheque czech encampment genl izaha puts dem parkski, shop woods, many art fax
Sorry Chap, not many Yarders live in Kazakhstan.

Reaction Score
If you must, Clinton Crossing… Outdoor mall with fair amount of walking & some high-end stores your wife will love (also Nike & Adidas Outlet stores for you)… Movie Theatre within a mile right off of 95.

Reaction Score
go to the source: The Great Danbury State Fair: hit the sideshows. especially 2 headed twopoint5 boo bed cobra gal; she sell yo anythang yo needz; also mall on site be good; dont thinktank it; check shell of former self pet shop: all dee babee huskies yo could wants to p;ick 6

any jones remember stock car races at track or midget races?

anybod name most famous stock car racer to grace winners squared circle? gottz to be reel deels in place

Don Lajoie ChickStockwell. Tony Bonandies,Dutch Shaeffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom