Verducci Demoted | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Verducci Demoted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if an immediate turnaround is in the cards for Friday night and I agree that BS should start. But this change could sharpen the minds of the players.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He still believes in big and slow beats speed, and that we play in a foot of snow over half the season. He recruits this way because this is what is available to him.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
So, what is the more significant event: Verducci being demoted or Jim Bowie going into the infirmary at the Alamo?

Reaction Score
He still believes in big and slow beats speed, and that we play in a foot of snow over half the season. He recruits this way because this is what is available to him.
He recruits this way because it's what he wants but the he tries to run an offense that relies on finesse blocking instead of just knocking people over. He just tossed Verducci under the bus. But since he claimed he has all this input on the defense who goes over the poor play on that side of the football?

Reaction Score
First Woodstockian, now Naimithian... the 'Yard lexicon ever-expanding and always entertaining. I would like to offer my services as 'Yard Lexicographer as it is apparent that one is needed.

And that's no bull .
The way things are going this season is bordering on Rutgersian.

Reaction Score
Verducci never played QB, nor did he ever think like one. He was a plodder, both in his play calling and his demeanor. Corley was a very good college QB and played the position in the wide open CFL. He's a high energy thinker. I foresee an offense with more spring in our step and creativity at the snap. Friday should be interesting. My guess is that Benedict made it clear to BD that he needed to do something to show the fans and players that we aren't accepting the status quo. One more point. When an offense makes plays and shows it can sustain drives and/or score touchdowns from the red zone, it's funny how the defense plays with more energy and purpose. I'm actually excited to see what transpires vs Temple. It will be a very good test for a new OC. If he succeeds at least we won't be saying "yeah but just wait till we play someone good". This newer, fresher captain of our offensive Titanic has just spotted the freaking popsicle and is yelling damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

I hope you are right.

1) Keep in mind, Coordinators are often limited by the wants/demands of the Head Coach (as they should be). If the Head Coach is still the same person with the same mindset, it doesn't matter who calls the plays.

2) If Red Pants allows his Coordinators a wide berth.....what did he see in Verducci in the first place? Why did it take this long to see/fix the problem?

Red Pants is the straw that stirs the drink, or in our case...the paper that wipes the crap.

Reaction Score
If Diaco would just let Corley call the plays, with the Don Brown philosophy of playing like your hair's on fire, who knows what might happen.

You have nothing to lose by playing the 2 minute drill, hurry up offense, for the entire game.

No matter the outcome, the fans will love the effort.

Reaction Score
Scapegoat? Would you prefer Diaco do absolutely nothing after getting destroyed by a 2-5 team? Sure, it's probably not the cure-all for our problems, but at least it's a move in the right direction and shows Diaco actually is trying to improve the team.

Everyone here wants Diaco to resign. Anything short of that is a half measure.

Reaction Score
Can't speak to you, but me personally, if I'm getting paid north of a million dollars, I'm not resigning, period. You gotta fire my ass and pay me. Sorry.

Exactly. Everyone would do exactly what Diaco is doing if they were in his shoes.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Everyone would do exactly what Diaco is doing if they were in his shoes.

I agree but I do wonder what he thinks if Brian Kelly calls him and offers him $1.5mm to go back. It's completely unrealistic and I don't think Diaco would leave but it's interesting to think about.

Reaction Score
With the Temple game on Friday night with a national TV audience I wonder how much this came into play with the change in OC. There was/is a potential bad look for us with an unusually small crowd with the downward spiral of our season. I don't see a change in QB right out of the gate but with the chance of a Bowl still there I can see the possibility of Anderson if things are a mess at first. I hope the team repsonds to this change with a solid effort.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No offense to you or the young man but if we need to go to Anderson early because of ugly play, the whole staff should go on Saturday.

Reaction Score
No offense to you or the young man but if we need to go to Anderson early because of ugly play, the whole staff should go on Saturday.

meh. Personally I don't want to see Anderson, but I'd like to see Bisack if we bench Shirreffs. Yes, he's a walk-on, but he was great in HS and by all accounts looked good in the Spring Game

Reaction Score
meh. Personally I don't want to see Anderson, but I'd like to see Bisack if we bench Shirreffs. Yes, he's a walk-on, but he was great in HS and by all accounts looked good in the Spring Game
The only qb's I remember in the spring game were Sherriffs, Anderson and Davis. Stayed for the entire game too.

Reaction Score
Let's take a vote. Friday nights over/under on 17 points?

Reaction Score
The only qb's I remember in the spring game were Sherriffs, Anderson and Davis. Stayed for the entire game too.

I don't actually know - I thought I'd heard people say he looked good. I saw him in HS and although he had a weird delivery he was money

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
With the Temple game on Friday night with a national TV audience I wonder how much this came into play with the change in OC. There was/is a potential bad look for us with an unusually small crowd with the downward spiral of our season. I don't see a change in QB right out of the gate but with the chance of a Bowl still there I can see the possibility of Anderson if things are a mess at first. I hope the team repsonds to this change with a solid effort.
The optics will be what they will be - poor.

Only thing that matters is trying to win out.

Reaction Score
The optics will be what they will be - poor.

Only thing that matters is trying to win out.

I'd like to win out but if we lose Friday I hope we start throwing a bunch of Diaco recruits out there (RSFR - not true freshman) to see what they've got.

Reaction Score

There have been many times this year when the receiver was open but the throw was not made, or made too late, or BS decided to run. A quicker release would have made a difference. We may not have an answer but I don't see being stubborn as a plan at this point. Not to mention the total inability to connect on throws over 30 yards.

Reaction Score
There have been many times this year when the receiver was open but the throw was not made, or made too late, or BS decided to run. A quicker release would have made a difference. We may not have an answer but I don't see being stubborn as a plan at this point. Not to mention the total inability to connect on throws over 30 yards.

Let's all cross our fingers and hope Donovan Williams is the real deal. I kind of hope Shirreffs graduates this year so he doesn't have to take a demotion for the sake of Diaco losing his job.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'd like to win out but if we lose Friday I hope we start throwing a bunch of Diaco recruits out there (RSFR - not true freshman) to see what they've got.
Yeah. If we lose then the last two games should be used to get kids experience for 2017, but I kind of doubt they'll do it.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

We are reduced to suggestions of putting a walk-on in the game against the best team left on our schedule? I agree that I'm not anxious to see Anderson, but a walk-on? Really?

I think we need to face facts. Unless Shirreffs gets hurt or becomes an INT throwing machine, we aren't seeing anybody at QB for UCONN in tomorrow night's game but him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom