SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I always hate when someone revives an old thread and says what happened here, but what happened here?
Not sure what you mean, but there's nothing really new on Jackon's recruitment, except for this article from one of the recruiting sites:

Connecticut, UCLA, Arizona, Washington and USC have always seemed to find a way into the conversation when discussing Jackson's recruitment but as of now he has not moved too quickly with his process. At this point in the process, however, there are still some offers Jackson is hoping to see as he moves forward this spring and into the summer.

"It's going real good," he said. "... I want Kansas, Kentucky and Duke. I think Kansas has called and Duke. They'll be considered real high because they are real good basketball programs, and it depends on the situation and how I would fit in. Those offers would help me with my official visits."

Reaction Score
Calhoun wanted to keep Clyde but Hathaway ran for political cover and forced Clyde out.
Exactly how effective would our recruiting have been after he got pinched for soliciting. Come to UConn, get an education in the classroom, on the hardwood and with the hard...ah...never mind.

Reaction Score
Exactly how effective would our recruiting have been after he got pinched for soliciting. Come to UConn, get an education in the classroom, on the hardwood and with the hard...ah...never mind.
I heard at the time that he lied about his behavior to Coach Calhoun; that really dug his grave more than anything Hathaway did or said. A prominent area rabbi (from Vernon I believe) was caught up in the same investigation of Hartford street prostitutes. A few years earlier
one of my former students (in my honors US History class) helloed me on the street where she was working. That is a situation for which
I didn't have a ready quip. It was active and very open in Hartford in those years. From a childhood friend in the Hartford police; I heard
that there were some prominent political and/or wealthy customers who were kept out of the news. To make this work some semi-prominent
names Vaughn and the rabbi were given out.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Vance Jackson listed UConn, California, USC, Oregon, Maryland, and Memphis as schools recruiting him the most agressively, according to Scout.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Vance Jackson listed UConn, California, USC, Oregon, Maryland, and Memphis as schools recruiting him the most agressively, according to Scout.
We're the best school on that list, and have his former teammate on the roster. Would be huge.

Reaction Score
just got a crystal ball pick from jeff ermann for us
He just posted an interview with Jackson. Looks like he's scheduled an official visit with us.

Jackson said he's not worried about location and he knows what he's looking for in a college program.

"I'll play anywhere, it doesn't matter if it's East Coast, anywhere," he said. "A place that feels like home, and I want an opportunity to play right away and complement my team in a positive way

Jackson recently transferred to Prolific Prep in Napa, Calif., the same program where fellow Maryland prospect Josh Jackson landed. He only has two officials set in stone -- to Cal and UConn -- with several other schools under consideration. Jackson said he'll definitely take all five visits, and is considering Memphis, USC, Maryland, Utah, Colorado and Washington for other officials.

Reaction Score
I still think this guy's flying way under the radar.

It's understandable why Gabriel is the top priority, but Vance Jackson would fit in really well here.

Reaction Score
I still think this guy's flying way under the radar.

It's understandable why Gabriel is the top priority, but Vance Jackson would fit in really well here.
Completely agree. If Gabriel is Plan A, Durham and Jackson are a hell of a pair of backups. If either of those guys was more likely to come here than Gabriel, I'd back out of Gabriel now and close out Durham or Jackson. If we could somehow land both Gabriel and one of these two, it means that Amida is going pro, and that maybe the AAC won't be such a huge hindrance.

Reaction Score
Is there any issue with prolific prep? Is this another one of those made up high schools where this kids eligibility would come into question...a la kobie Eubanks?

Reaction Score
Maryland scares me the most as this kid seems to be a UA kid and Maryland is (seemingly) using its UA connection (and maybe money) to make a big recruiting impact.
Case in point, DS.

This is just one man's opinion based on what I see, read, and hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom