USF WBB | Page 13 | The Boneyard

USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to head coach Jose Fernandez " well they are most likely to be green so they match our uniforms, my only real concern is whether they can meet our high academic standards............come to think of it, if they can reach the earth from their home planet millions of light years away, I assume they will be able to handle the SAT's and ACT's".:p:p:p:p:p:p

Reaction Score
When told of USF's ambitious space recruiting, UConn's Geno Auriemma said "Space, Space!! Heck I can't understand what the heck the recruits are saying down in Texas, now I have to learn an alien language............never should have left Philly":):):)

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Laugh all you want, but we are gettin' ready to rumble.

"To the Moon, UCONN, to the MOON."

CoachStuart Hart ‏@No_DaysOff06 Apr 17
Showing the fight in my @USFWBB ... The post-season grind continues. #BullsUnite

CgP3RiYWsAAum7u.jpg

CgP3RiwW4AAxzek.jpg

Last edited:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Glad to hear of USF's good fortune....should be interesting games with us next year!!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Glad to hear of USF's good fortune....should be interesting games with us next year!!

I can't wait to see Crystal Dangerfied and Jazz Bond Playing against each other. Pretty soon they will both be on campus at UCONN and USF getting ready for next season.

Lady Blaze Hoops ‏@LadyBlazeHoops Apr 18
Banquet 2016! Great time celebrating an amazing group of girls and everything they were able to accomplish!

CgX-ZF9WIAAI1Yh.jpg

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I expect that A. Jenkins will love playing with Tina Charles in NY.

Their training camp opened today. I hope she sticks.

New York LibertyVerified account‏@nyliberty
What are the biggest storylines to watch when @nyliberty Training Camp starts Sunday? READ: http://liberty.wnba.com/news/2016-training-camp-storylines-watch/…

CgnbNbOWYAAbJcL.jpg

Jenkins is on the right, next to the coach.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
DeJesus, she shoots 47.9% from the arc! ;)

Put her and Laksa on the floor together.

Sometimes stats can be misleading, if there is no mention of how many threes she attempted. So, I looked it up and she made 69 out of 144!!!

NJCAA

Considering that she is a JUCO All-American and teams are desperate for accurate 3-point shooters, I'm surprised that there aren't more recruiting articles about her. I don't know who is our competition. I did see her name mentioned by a poster in a thread about possible targets on the TENN WBB board, but it wasn't known if that school had made an offer.

This was a blurb in our local paper the other day:

"...Additionally, the Bulls received a visit earlier this week from Miami Dade College PG Nachalie Dejesus, recently named to the WBCA Junior/Community College Coaches' All-America team. A 5-foot-7 Puerto Rico native who played at Miami's Ferguson High, Dejesus averaged 21.8 points, 8.1 rebounds and 3.4 steals as a Miami Dade sophomore.

The possible addition of Dejesus would fortify an area of immediate need for the Bulls. USF returns junior PG Laia Flores, who boasted nearly a 2-to-1 assist/turnover ratio in 26 starts last season, but late-season offensive catalyst Shalethia Stringfield (9.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg, team-high 44 steals) graduated."

Bulls women reportedly add Hungarian star

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Oh really! They could be sisters. That expression on her face, is almost identical and just assumed it was her, since that pic was also posted on the USF WBB twitter feed.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 21h21 hours ago
USF W. Basketball Retweeted New York Liberty

Good luck to Alisia Jenkins as she starts Training Camp Sunday! #Represent #BullsUnite

USFMB, please don't think that I'm trying to pee in your kool-aid...............but, allow me to point out several observations:

1. That photo is featured on the Liberty's main page of their official web site.
2. That is no doubt a "file" photo, taken during the past 1-3 moths during an off-season workout well BEFORE draft day, and well before Jenkins was invited to camp.
3. Jenkins (an undrafted invitee to camp) is going to be very hard pressed to make the final cut. Look at their roster: Roster - New York Liberty They can only carry 12 players. They've got 16 players listed on their roster, meaning 4 of them are going to get cut. Note that Jenkins is not listed on their roster.
4. The Liberty's first round draft pick Adut Bulguk (Florida St.) may not make the cut, unless she really impresses in training camp.

I wish Jenkins all the luck in the world. If she does not hook on with the Liberty, I hope she hooks up with another team. I think she has the skill set to play in the league.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - It is a great chance for Jenkins to get a foot in the door of the WNBA but the chance of her actually making the roster out of camp is pretty low. There was a reason that 'trader bill' was inactive this draft - there wasn't a lot he felt was needed for his roster and he used his third round pick on a second round player who was injured and not available for play this year.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Yeah - It is a great chance for Jenkins to get a foot in the door of the WNBA but the chance of her actually making the roster out of camp is pretty low. There was a reason that 'trader bill' was inactive this draft - there wasn't a lot he felt was needed for his roster and he used his third round pick on a second round player who was injured and not available for play this year.

I understand the realities of being an undrafted free agent in basketball and football.

I don't have any unrealistic expectations for AJ. She might have improved her draft stock had she not been injured this year and had she shown more three point shooting ability. She did work on that and had some success, but she didn't make it a big part of her game.

So, I wholeheartedly agree, that this is a great opportunity for her to get a foot in the door, professionally speaking, and get more exposure. Down the road it might very well pay off for her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I understand the realities of being an undrafted free agent in basketball and football.

I don't have any unrealistic expectations for AJ. She might have improved her draft stock had she not been injured this year and had she shown more three point shooting ability. She did work on that and had some success, but she didn't make it a big part of her game.

So, I wholeheartedly agree, that this is a great opportunity for her to get a foot in the door, professionally speaking, and get more exposure. Down the road it might very well pay off for her.
Yes - and it isn't just WNBA exposure but a chance to perhaps up her overseas profile just a bit as well.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Yes - and it isn't just WNBA exposure but a chance to perhaps up her overseas profile just a bit as well.

Absolutely.

I could be wrong, but I heard that the WNBA, in general, doesn't pay as much as some of the overseas professional women's basketball teams in certain countries.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Absolutely.

I could be wrong, but I heard that the WNBA, in general, doesn't pay as much as some of the overseas professional women's basketball teams in certain countries.
WNBA has a very restricted salary table with a a maximum of $107K and a minimum of $40K - overseas has no restrictions and the best players make $1M +/- and most WNBA players are making multiples of their WNBA salary when they go overseas.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF release on D. Nagy (Hungary):

Mike Carlson

FERNANDEZ SIGNS FIVE-STAR RECRUIT
April 27, 2016
By USF

Jose Fernandez and the USF women’s basketball staff have added the top prospect from Europe to an already star-studded incoming freshman class. Spicing up the international flavor of the Bulls’ young squad is Dorottya Nagy, a 6-2 small forward from Pecs, Hungary.

“I’m very excited to be adding a high caliber student-athlete to our family,” said Fernandez. “I think she is a great fit for our program both academically and athletically and I’m excited about her versatility on both ends of the court.”

Nagy, who just completed her third season with the PINKK-PECSI, Hungarian- A Division team, is listed as the No. 1 recruit out of Europe by Blue Star Hoops Europe and Passion Hoops. ESPNW’s Dan Olsen ranks Nagy as No. 32 in his Collegiate Girls Basketball Reports. Nagy is the Bulls’ first top 50 recruit since Laura Ferreira (No. 49) committed in 2013.

Nagy has been a part of several Hungarian national teams, including the Hungarian U16, U17, U18 and U20 teams...

Read more at: Fernandez Signs Five-Star Recruit

Reaction Score

Mike Carlson

April 27, 2016
By USF

Jose Fernandez and the USF women’s basketball staff have added the top prospect from Europe to an already star-studded incoming freshman class. Spicing up the international flavor of the Bulls’ young squad is Dorottya Nagy, a 6-2 small forward from Pecs, Hungary.

“I’m very excited to be adding a high caliber student-athlete to our family,” said Fernandez. “I think she is a great fit for our program both academically and athletically and I’m excited about her versatility on both ends of the court.”

Nagy, who just completed her third season with the PINKK-PECSI, Hungarian- A Division team, is listed as the No. 1 recruit out of Europe by Blue Star Hoops Europe and Passion Hoops. ESPNW’s Dan Olsen ranks Nagy as No. 32 in his Collegiate Girls Basketball Reports. Nagy is the Bulls’ first top 50 recruit since Laura Ferreira (No. 49) committed in 2013.

Nagy has been a part of several Hungarian national teams, including the Hungarian U16, U17, U18 and U20 teams...

Cool - congrats to USF and to the AAC!!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Cool - congrats to USF and to the AAC!!

Thanks.

FWIW, I had posted a 4 minute video of her on the page 15 of this thread, in case anybody wants to watch it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Mike Carlson

April 27, 2016
By USF

How do you say "Give me the damn ball and get out of the way in Hungarian"?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
OK wise guy...how do you pronounce it!!!!:D:D

Funny!

However, I'm sure one of the more literate computer people on here knows of a "voice" program which will pronounce it fairly accurately, but that's out of my league, Charlie. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom