USF WBB | Page 11 | The Boneyard

USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Any idea why Courtney came off the bench tonight? Just curious.

No word on why she didn't start, other than it was a "Coach's Decision."

I have no clue, since she obviously wasn't injured.

I can't imagine her not starting in our next game against UCLA on Monday.

The USF TEAM will need to play much better against them, as this article points out:

Couch-side analysis: USF 48, Colorado State 45

...Yet for all the sleekness, proficiency and raw passion Williams brandished during her one-woman clinic, the Bulls will need more of an ensemble effort in Monday night's second round against third-seeded UCLA.

"We've got to score," associate head coach Jeff Osterman said on the Bulls' radio broadcast immediately after the game. "It can't be Courtney Williams with 31 and the rest of us kind of clapping."

USF's 48 points were a season low. Subtract Williams' line (12-for-29), and the Bulls were a dreadful 6-for-31 (19.4 percent) from the floor. Top 3-point shooter Kitija Laksa and No. 3 scorer Laura Ferreira combined for 10 shot attempts, with Ferreira (one point), finishing 0-for-7 from the floor.

Read more at: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/couch-side-analysis-usf-48-colorado-state-45/2270077

Reaction Score
No word on why she didn't start, other than it was a "Coach's Decision."

I have no clue, since she obviously wasn't injured.
Has anyone ever see this Courtney W and the TA&M Courtney in the same room at the same time??

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't see USF getting by UCLA if they play the way they did last night against Colorado St. The last 3-4 minutes of the game, Courtney was gassed and that's when Colo. St made the game close. UCLA has enough scorer's/athletes that they would have completed the comeback and won the game if they were in a similar position. If USF is to win Courtney is going to have to score approx 25 points and shoot near 50% on her shots. USF also needs to get double digit points from Laska and either Jenkins and Springfield.

Watching Laska play all I could think about is how did the AAC Coaches unanimously vote her Freshmen of the Year. She was a non factor in the game. Meanwhile, admittedly against weaker competition Katie Lou breaks the UConn record for most points scored by a Freshmen in their 1st NCAA tournament game. :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Can we bribe someone to replace the UCLA uniforms with Uconn uniforms just before the game? Best way to get USF to play up to their potential and beyond is to convince them that other team is the Huskies! :cool:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Courtney was unbelievable last night. 31 points. Just wow. Laksa and Laura need to get themselves together for the next game. What time is it on Monday, does anyone know??

Reaction Score
Courtney was unbelievable last night. 31 points. Just wow. Laksa and Laura need to get themselves together for the next game. What time is it on Monday, does anyone know??
9:00 PM ET, same as ours

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

USF W. Basketball‏@USFWBB 3h3 hours ago
California here we come.
1f3b6.png
1f3c0.png

What a nice send off. Players ALWAYS enjoy and appreciate fan and booster support. Players and coaches all agree, there's nothing worse that playing a game in an near empty field house or arena............home or on the road.

There's no better feeling than to play a game on the road in a sold out arena (South Carolina - 18,000+), and sending them home shaking their heads in disgust (awe and amazement). The UConn players have said many times that they love playing in front of huge crowds on the road. They feed off of the hometown fan's boos and jeers. ;)

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Can we bribe someone to replace the UCLA uniforms with Uconn uniforms just before the game? Best way to get USF to play up to their potential and beyond is to convince them that other team is the Huskies! :cool:

That's a great idea. LOL

Actually, I think USF will play much better against UCLA than they did against CSU. Hopefully, that's just not wishful thinking on my part.

They know that this is a "serious" opponent and that they are clearly underdogs, playing on their home court.

USF has a chance to make history with a win by advancing to their first sweet 16.

As a team, USF has underachieved this year. Some of that has to do with numerous injuries to key players. A few of them are still not close to 100%, but are trying to play as best they can.

Whatever happens, I expect that they will give it their all.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF got off to a very slow start again, and they tried to claw their way back, but could never get closer than one point.

Final, UCLA 72 USF 67.

It ended up being a pretty good game.

Well, next year we will be losing three key players and bringing in a few new ones and, hopefully, they can help us work our way back to the dance for another opportunity.

I expect that we will get much better as the year progresses as the new team meshes.

I'm already looking forward to seeing USF WBB next season.

Good luck to UCONN the rest of the way.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Thanks. Sorry about your heartbreaking loss. Time to reload!

Thanks to you and to other UCONN posters on this board, for your support throughout the season.

As for reloading, I'm optimistic about our four new players. We still have one more possible scholarship to give out for next season.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Had your game on the laptop and ours on the tv....kept our fingers crossed that you could overcome. Too bad for your seniors...the team fought hard. Look forward to next year and renewal of the AAC best rivalry!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
USFMB - really enjoyed you keeping this thread here - some found it strange on a Uconn board, but you are in our league and our strongest conference opponent so it was nice to have a spot to go to track the USF doings. have a good summer and the countdown begins to the first official practice!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USFMB - really enjoyed you keeping this thread here - some found it strange on a Uconn board, but you are in our league and our strongest conference opponent so it was nice to have a spot to go to track the USF doings. have a good summer and the countdown begins to the first official practice!

Thanks.

As I believe I mentioned early in this thread, I used to post on theUCONN WBB board on Scout and had fun posting there. So, I thought a thread on here about USF might be helpful to keep track of the progress of our team, since we were bound to play you three times this season, as we did last year.

We have for the first time, stayed ranked for the entire season.

Considering the loss of so many key players, I doubt we will be ranked at the start of next season. But, that's OK. We need to prove ourselves once again and that will only motivate our players.

I am aware that some here found it "strange" having this thread, but there has been mostly positive feedback.

I could start a new one next season at an appropriate time, if that would be acceptable. Comments regarding that would be appreciated, since I don't want to cause any ill feelings.

In any event, here is a picture with some info on our seniors.

CeKLGO5WIAAR-yb.jpg

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Hi, USFMB -

I for one would very much like to keep up this correspondence. Please do start up another thread next season. Somehow I am sure we will play each other at least three times!

Can't wait to see what Jose has up his sleeve for next year. If there is another Laksa in the wings, I would not be at all surprised.

BTW - were those two cute kids they kept showing on TV (wearing Bulls hats) at your last game Jose's children? The lady they were next to looked like Mrs. Jose....

Reaction Score
USFMB, looking forward to next year's USF thread (and next year's USF games)! Posting that here isn't "strange" at all - it's welcome news on our most competent conference mate. And if anyone here doesn't like it for some reason, all they have to do is not read it.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Hi, USFMB -

I for one would very much like to keep up this correspondence. Please do start up another thread next season. Somehow I am sure we will play each other at least three times!

Can't wait to see what Jose has up his sleeve for next year. If there is another Laksa in the wings, I would not be at all surprised.

BTW - were those two cute kids they kept showing on TV (wearing Bulls hats) at your last game Jose's children? The lady they were next to looked like Mrs. Jose....

Funny, you should mention those kids. When I first saw them on TV they looked familiar, but I couldn't place them. So, I asked my better half who also did not know.

I think they were two USF WBB fans whose family scraped up enough money to take them to the games in LA.

As for another possible Laksa in the wings, you might want to keep an eye on our incoming freshmen guard from Denmark. I have a very good feeling about her.

Enna Pehadzic
HORSENS, DENMARK

Class of 2016

POSITION G
HEIGHT
5' 10"
COLLEGE SOUTH FLORIDA

https://prospectsnation.com/player/enna-pehadzic

Last edited:

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Good luck to UCONN in the NCAA final!

USF WBB and USF fans will be rooting for you to retain the title for yourself and the AAC conference.

Looking forward to playing you again next season.

Reaction Score
Good luck to UCONN in the NCAA final!

USF WBB and USF fans will be rooting for you to retain the title for yourself and the AAC conference.

Looking forward to playing you again next season.
Thanks - congrats again on Courtney making AA. That girl can ball! Looking forward to her surprising people with how high she goes in the draft.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Thanks - congrats again on Courtney making AA. That girl can ball! Looking forward to her surprising people with how high she goes in the draft.

Thanks, and congrats on your 31 point overwhelming victory over Syracuse.

Considerng that USF lost by 16, 20 and 26 points in our three meetings this season, that looks pretty good, relatively speaking, to the scores put up by most of you other opponents.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
For the first time in USF WBB history, the team has been ranked in both polls throughout the entire season.

Final polls: AP #21. Coaches #22.

RPI is '' for 2015-2016 Women's College Basketball - WarrenNolan.com

Considering all the injuries to key players which prevented them from playing for many games, it is quite a testament to the coaches and players to have been able to play well enough to stay ranked the entire time.

It will be interesting to see whether USF will start the next season ranked in the polls, considering the loss of so much of our starting talent. If not, that will only give them, more incentive to do well and get back to where they have been the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom