USF WBB | Page 10 | The Boneyard

USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Oh, somehow I bet she does!!!!

Right now, quite a number of USF players are hurting and many are playing through injuries of one kind or another.

To have any real chance of beating UCONN we need everybody healthy and that isn't going to happen tonight.

So, as much as she might want to play I think Jose will sit her tonight and wait for her return at the dance.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
UCONN 77- USF 51.

Well, Laksa did play some, but she wasn't a factor.

UCONN played great both offensively and defensively.

USF did about as well as they could.

I'm hoping that USF is now battle tested playing against clearly the best team in WBB and can have success in the NCAA tourney.

Perhaps, we will get to play a 4th time this year. LOL

Reaction Score
UCONN 77- USF 51.

Well, Laksa did play some, but she wasn't a factor.

UCONN played great both offensively and defensively.

USF did about as well as they could.

I'm hoping that USF is now battle tested playing against clearly the best team in WBB and can have success in the NCAA tourney.

Perhaps, we will get to play a 4th time this year. LOL
Hope this week is long enough for all your players to get healthy

Reaction Score
Congrats to Williams on a great year. Hope to see the Bulls have a great NCAA tournament and show the country that the AAC is more than UConn.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Good luck to all your team in the NCAA's. You were definitely bit by the injury bug, and probably pretty tired from playing your starters so long in the first two games. Hope to see you again WAY down the line in the Tournament. Your seniors are really good. I am sure you will miss them, as we will ours. Hope everyone is healthy for the dance!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Good luck to all your team in the NCAA's. You were definitely bit by the injury bug, and probably pretty tired from playing your starters so long in the first two games. Hope to see you again WAY down the line in the Tournament. Your seniors are really good. I am sure you will miss them, as we will ours. Hope everyone is healthy for the dance!

Thanks.

We will certainly miss our seniors, especially the irreplaceable CW, but are excited about the new players coming in the fall. We should be a much bigger team next year, with more inside scoring, which has really been our main shortcoming the last couple of years.

As for the NCAA tourney, we could make a run. I'm hopeful of getting to at least the "sweet sixteen" which is something we have never accomplished.

Healthy USF women could make NCAA tourney run

..."If you're telling me there are 16 other teams better than South Florida," Huskies coach Geno Auriemma said, "I want to play all of them."

..."Not since Jan. 5 have the Bulls entered a game at full strength. Six of their losses have occurred during that span, including a one-point overtime loss at Memphis, a two-point loss at Temple, and three defeats to UConn. The losses to the Tigers and Owls were avenged — when the Bulls still weren't totally healthy.

By tournament time, they likely will be. Six-footerKitija Laksa, the AAC Freshman of the Year and the last of the limping Bulls, played for the first time in more than two weeks Monday, scoring three points in 24 minutes. Now, she and her peers get nearly another two weeks to mend.

When they take the floor for that first-rounder, they should be as healthy entering a game as they've been since a Jan. 5 home contest against UCF.

They won that one, 108-63."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/bask...usf-women-could-make-ncaa-tourney-run/2268429

As for UCONN, just stay healthy and run the table, except, of course, if you play USF. LOL

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It may be of interest that Creme's bracketology for the last week has had USF as a #7 seed in Notre Dame's region. If they win the first round as expected, they would play #2 Texas in the second round. I would think they would have a good chance to reach the Sweet 16 in that game. If they do, they would play probably Arizona State (but possibly Tennessee!) in the Round of 16, and then Notre Dame in the Elite 8. I think they could get to the Elite 8 if that turns out to be a real bracket (which is, of course, quite unlikely).

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
It may be of interest that Creme's bracketology for the last week has had USF as a #7 seed in Notre Dame's region. If they win the first round as expected, they would play #2 Texas in the second round. I would think they would have a good chance to reach the Sweet 16 in that game. If they do, they would play probably Arizona State (but possibly Tennessee!) in the Round of 16, and then Notre Dame in the Elite 8. I think they could get to the Elite 8 if that turns out to be a real bracket (which is, of course, quite unlikely).

I saw that and thought the same thing.

I know that our coach is hoping for a better seed since our RPI is #20.

I'm looking forward with anticipation to watching the NCAA selection process with the USF WBB team at the Sun Dome arena.

Reaction Score
If the Bulls play like they've played against UCONN, they could beat Texas, ASU and TN. Problem is you don't know which team is going to show up. I hope the 'good one' does - Go AAC!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I am sure my brother and sister-in-law will be there for the selection show also. It's is very cool that the USF Pres comes to all the games. I'm sure the team appreciates it. Good luck Monday night in your seeding!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I am sure my brother and sister-in-law will be there for the selection show also. It's is very cool that the USF Pres comes to all the games. I'm sure the team appreciates it. Good luck Monday night in your seeding!

Thanks.

Yes our Prez Judy Genshaft (and her husband) is really into USF WBB and is not bashful about letting her hair down and getting down and dirty. LOL

1. CcQteYKWEAAunyW.jpg
BTW, She just received a well earned substantial raise in salary, and we are fortunate to have retained her.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
The good news is that USF received a six seed The bad news is that we are in the UCONN bracket.

Oh well, here's hoping that we can make it far enough to face UCONN for the 4th time this season.

Hopefully, both our teams can stay healthy throughout the dance.

Reaction Score
The good news is that USF received a six seed The bad news is that we are in the UCONN bracket.

Oh well, here's hoping that we can make it far enough to face UCONN for the 4th time this season.

I know - Why do they keep doing that????

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Stinks that you have to go all the way to LA. Hard on your fan base. Best of luck to your team!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

The one advantage of being in the Bridgeport region is that should you make it to the sweet sixteen I suspect the Uconn fan base will adopt you for that game! You can have a home crowd in CT so 'Go west young (wo)men!' and take care of business!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
No surprise to see Prez Obama picking UCONN to win the tourney AGAIN.

Nice to see that he has USF making it to the Sweet Sixteen

• South Florida is the lowest seed (sixth) picked by Obama to reach the Sweet 16, as he has the Bulls upsetting UCLA in the second round.
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...ack-Obama-picks-connecticut-huskies-win-title

Reaction Score
No surprise to see Prez Obama picking UCONN to win the tourney AGAIN.

Nice to see that he has USF making it to the Sweet Sixteen

• South Florida is the lowest seed (sixth) picked by Obama to reach the Sweet 16, as he has the Bulls upsetting UCLA in the second round.
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...ack-Obama-picks-connecticut-huskies-win-title
That would be sweet indeed!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Hope the Bulls go kick some butt in Cali! Hope to see them in Bridgeport!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Should be a tough, close, game:

Bulls to Battle Colorado State in NCAA First Round

LOS ANGELES, CALIF. - MARCH 18, 2016– For the second straight season, and the third time in four years, the University of South Florida women’s basketball team is prepared to take part in an NCAA Tournament opening-round game.

The Bulls (23-9), seeded No. 6 in the Bridgeport Region and American Athletic runners-up, meet No. 11 seed Colorado State (33-1), winners of the Mountain West Conference, Saturday in Los Angeles, Calif. The game will be the first of two first-round contests to be played at the historic Pauley Pavilion Saturday and is slated to tip off at 9 p.m. Eastern Time (TV: ESPN2). Saturday will mark the first match-up between two ranked opponents in the first round since 2012...

Read more at: http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/102815-bulls-to-battle-colorado-state-in-ncaa-first-round/

Reaction Score
Should be a tough, close, game:

Bulls to Battle Colorado State in NCAA First Round

LOS ANGELES, CALIF. - MARCH 18, 2016– For the second straight season, and the third time in four years, the University of South Florida women’s basketball team is prepared to take part in an NCAA Tournament opening-round game.

The Bulls (23-9), seeded No. 6 in the Bridgeport Region and American Athletic runners-up, meet No. 11 seed Colorado State (33-1), winners of the Mountain West Conference, Saturday in Los Angeles, Calif. The game will be the first of two first-round contests to be played at the historic Pauley Pavilion Saturday and is slated to tip off at 9 p.m. Eastern Time (TV: ESPN2). Saturday will mark the first match-up between two ranked opponents in the first round since 2012...

Read more at: http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/102815-bulls-to-battle-colorado-state-in-ncaa-first-round/
Good luck vs CSU!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
FiveThirtyEight says the odds are definitely in your favor tonight. Good luck!

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Well, it wasn't pretty, but I'll take the win. LOL

USF 48 Colorado State 45.
Any idea why Courtney came off the bench tonight? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom