URI | The Boneyard

URI

Reaction Score
Fun team to watch. They are streaky on offense, they aren't big but they throw you so many different looks on defense turning defense into offense and they scrap for everything. Reminds of an early Calhoun team.

Reaction Score
Their D is suffocating.

It's clear they've bought into coach. We have the athletes to play that hard, but our team is either soft, given up, or a little of both.

We'd be lucky to have Hurley. But whoever coaches here needs to prioritize fundamentals and toughness when looking at any of our recruits. NBA size is not relevant if the associated skillset is completely absent.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Fun team to watch. They are streaky on offense, they aren't big but they throw you so many different looks on defense turning defense into offense and they scrap for everything. Reminds of an early Calhoun team.
Kind of a combo of the ‘90 and ‘95 teams, with slightly less D and O respectively.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If URI loses in the first game of the tourney, will the Hurley mancrush continue??

Reaction Score
Hurley is the answer. Has the fire that JC had. His teams play with that same fire, not sour puss faces like we currently have. Pray for $$$ to make it all happen. Also, he has been able to fill up the Ryan center with fans, which is next to impossible

Reaction Score
If Ollie misses three out of the last 4 tournaments, has the worst season in the last 30 years of UConn basketball, and follows it up with an even worse season will you still have a mancrush on him?

you are a moron, I have never been an ollie supporter

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There could be a whole lot of open jobs this year what with the payforplay scandal. Hurley would be tough to grab in that scenario.

Reaction Score
There could be a whole lot of open jobs this year what with the payforplay scandal. Hurley would be tough to grab in that scenario.

Hurley is not going from one mid major to another. Your right shooting up to the cartel

Reaction Score
Hurley is not going from one mid major to another. Your right shooting up to the cartel

Hurley has expressed interest in uconn as recently as last october. I heard this with my own ears. And trustworthy sources have confirmed.

Uconn still has allure. It's close to his new home, could easily bring Tom Moore along (he lives in Tolland), and we are able to bring in better recruits than he's getting now. Especially so when we get a real coach in the door

Reaction Score
Hurley has expressed interest in uconn as recently as last october. I heard this with my own ears. And trustworthy sources have confirmed.

Uconn still has allure. It's close to his new home, could easily bring Tom Moore along (he lives in Tolland), and we are able to bring in better recruits than he's getting now. Especially so when we get a real coach in the door
I can confirm this as well.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately with this FBI probe, Hurley will probably have better options... still keeping my hopes up though.

Reaction Score
Wow. Don’t know many “mid majors” paying a Top 10 coach’s salary, or too many mid majors with 4 national championships, including one in AAC, but OK. I have more respect for our program, it’s accomplishments, fanbase, and national brand. Three bad seasons does not turn in elite power house into a mid major; it provides an great opportunity for the next person looking coach to here.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately with this FBI probe, Hurley will probably have better options... still keeping my hopes up though.
I don’t think good schools are going to fire their coach until the cases have been adjudicated in court. Absent admitted guilt, which I do not expect from the top coaches, I think the school will need to stand by their coach until evidence shows otherwise in court. And that should not occur until after the spring/summer coaching carousel concludes. I could be wrong i’m not too worried unless we keep KO another season then all bets are off. This could play into the decision to make a move at the end of the season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
With how much sense it makes, and all the smoke starting to soround it, I pray there’s a fire to this Hurley to UConn news. We’re going to be fighting with other teams, but hopefully he has had his sights on us all along.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Btw if DB gets this done, it would be impressive work convincing him not to sign at any of the P5 schools. Plus likely having to do tons of fund raising and negotiating with KO on a reduced buyout. This is a great test.

Reaction Score
you are a moron, I have never been an ollie supporter
Makes it sound like there was something wrong with being an Ollie supporter in the past most of us were in the ban year and 2014 champs but all that is gone now. I would take Hurley in a heartbeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom