Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged)

Reaction Score
I think we’re a better team and beat them in a 7 game series, but Houston absolutely can beat us on any given day. That defense is hard to game plan for and can really muck things up and get in the opponent’s head.
Muck ball is the only thing that scares me after the Seton Hall loss and nobody does that better than Houston. Fortunately the boys looked much better against PC and the remaining match-up against them and Hall will be additional practice for dealing with that crap.

Reaction Score
Runner11, HooperScooper, Chin Diesel, AlexD and Jleves - Your apology is accepted.

CL82 - You are officially the Grand Marshall of the Boneyard Pussey Parade.

We’re the best team in the country and it ain’t even that close.
Isn't one of the signs of aging standing there arguing with oneself? Not a single person on this thread said that UConn wasn't the best team in the country. Before you changed your mind, you were arguing about whether you lit your victory cigar too early IN THIS ONE GAME.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Runner11, HooperScooper, Chin Diesel, AlexD and Jleves - Your apology is accepted.

Lol, posts to pretend to call people out but doesn't actually tag them? Who would that make a puss.y again?
Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Reaction Score
Is there any chance that if we got overall #1 seed they'd move us to West region?
I believe I heard them say yesterday between games that the overall #1 seed gets to pick the region they want to play in. So that would seem like an incentive to hang on to the top spot.

Reaction Score
Isn't one of the signs of aging standing there arguing with oneself? Not a single person on this thread said that UCOnn wasn't the best team in the country. Before you changed your mind, you were arguing about whether you lit your victory cigar too early IN THIS ONE GAME.
Ooohhhhh, Deepster posted an upset alert! We’re doooooomed!!!! He jinxed it!!!! His post is going to magically make Ohio State lose the game now!!!!

What a bunch of candyassed scaredypants.

Reaction Score
Tell your buddy Edey looks like a giant robot out there. I think its a little late for a wake up call based on those 6 TOs today, he's just not that good. I too have a buddy who is a Purdue grad, I will be playing golf with tomorrow. Maybe we will compare notes. I intend to take the high road and let him make the first comment
The soon to be 2x NPOY is "just not that good"??

Classic BY...

Reaction Score
I think Arizona is the team that would be a dangerous opponent for Uconn. Ballis a beast down low (7'0", 260 lbs) and they also have a 7'2" giants as well (his last name is Krivas). So, Clingan and Johnson would have size that can match their own size. Purdue has only one major inside threat in Zach Edey. Also, Arizona's backcourt also looks as big, tall, and talented as Uconn. Purdue's back is good, but they are smaller and nowhere near as deep. Our backcourt can overwhelm Purdue...but Arizon's backcourt maybe not so much.
There is a huge difference between being confident we're the best team and believing that it's close to a sure thing that we're going to win the National Championship. Almost everyone believes the former. The latter -- the fact is that the best team in the country usually doesn't win. We'll have a good chance, but I'm not even worrying about it until after we've locked up the Big East regular season.

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh my word! I didn’t tag them?!? You sound like a 6th grade girl.
Sure, better that than gutless, I guess.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Reaction Score
We're pretty much doomed if I wake up each mornng. Taking as many for the team as necessay!!
By the way, we are all(most of us) having fun on the BY. How about you Deep6ster??

Reaction Score
I think we’re a better team and beat them in a 7 game series, but Houston absolutely can beat us on any given day. That defense is hard to game plan for and can really muck things up and get in the opponent’s head.
Frankly, this is why it's important to wrap up the Big East regular season as early as possible. Let Luke start spending time starting to game plan for Houston and Purdue.

Reaction Score
And here it is:

Ash, glad they lost it’s not gonna affect the rankings that much they’re still gonna be a one seed but it’s a good wake up call before the real important games come in they’ve been playing like the last four games so it’s not a bad thing

He's drunk
That's not actually the worst take in the world. At least he's not resorting to tallying Quad 1 wins from December and January.

Reaction Score
The Parrish hates UConn crowd really makes us look like Neanderthals. His argument for why they were ahead of us made sense and was in fact reinforced by the selection committee yesterday. He’ll absolutely have us #1 tomorrow.
The pathetic thing about Kenpom, torvik and all the others is that they let computers crunch numbers and spit out the pablum. I simply use the eye test and heart of a team.

CL82

Reaction Score
That's not actually the worst take in the world. At least he's not resorting to tallying Quad 1 wins from December and January.
Oh he was talking some serious smack earlier in the year.

Schadenfreude GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Ooohhhhh, Deepster posted an upset alert! We’re doooooomed!!!! He jinxed it!!!! His post is going to magically make Ohio State lose the game now!!!!

What a bunch of candyassed scaredypants.
Has someone hacked your account (not that you'll know what that means). Next thing you'll be claiming that we would have won the Big East and NCAA tournies in '11 without the Makers Muppett post.

Reaction Score
And here it is:

Ash, glad they lost it’s not gonna affect the rankings that much they’re still gonna be a one seed but it’s a good wake up call before the real important games come in they’ve been playing like the last four games so it’s not a bad thing

He's drunk
And delusional.

Reaction Score
I can see why Purdue can lose in the first round of the tournament.
Purdue has lost to 3 unranked teams and played others pretty close. I have been saying, actually not just me several people here have been saying Uconn wipes the floor with Purdue. I have had absolutely no fear or expectation of us playing them because they will get knocked off. This tournament is ours for the taking and the only way it gets derailed is if we beat ourselves.

Reaction Score
Purdue has lost to 3 unranked teams and played others pretty close. I have been saying, actually not just me several people here have been saying Uconn wipes the floor with Purdue. I have had absolutely no fear or expectation of us playing them because they will get knocked off. This tournament is ours for the taking and the only way it gets derailed is if we beat ourselves.
Really really want to play them for at at least half the marbles if not all!!

This BS about losing is good has got to go. Can we institute Boneyard fines for such heresy? Winning is a habit, winning is a skill, winning is a mindset, winning is a condition of being. Winners gonna win and losers gonna lose. I bet you Cam Spencer would struggle to speak if you asked him to talk about losing, even in a genereal sense.

Reaction Score
People criticize Uconn for not beating anybody noteworthy, but they already have. Yes, Purdue does have more quality wins, but that also have some bad losses now too (e.g. Ohio State).
1.) North Carolina. 87-76. They're very good, just not as good as us. Top 10 team.
2.) Marquette. 81-53 blowout. They are also vrry good. Top 5 team.
3.) Gonzaga is good. 76-63. Not "very good". But they are still good. They beat a decent Kentucky Wildcat team on the road (yes, Calipari is getting booed lately by Cats fans, but remember Wilcats they just beat Auburn this week on the Road). Therefore, the Zags do have potential to get back into the top 25 if they win on the road against Mount St. Mary's and San Francisco.
4.) Can Uconn beat Creighton and Marquette again....on the road for rematch. We'll see, but I'm confident if they play like are now...they'll win one or both of those games.
5.) Seton Hall kicked our butt earlier this year...but they are a good underrated (albeit, inconsistent) bubble team. We'll should be able to beat them in our rematch.
6.) The Big East tournament is also ripe with opportunities to beat top Big East teams again too, even win that tourney.

Our other loss is Kansas. We nearly beat a very good team in one the most intimidating college basketball arenas in the country.
The thing no one mentions and id like to ask all these Purdue supporters is who has beaten a healthy Uconn team? Over the last 5 or so games Uconn is really starting to take it to another level and Clingan is now starting to look like the player we all expected. Yesterday was his best game of the season. HIs footwork and shooting in the post looked great. Smooth and effortless on those rebound and putbacks. That ferocious dunk he had was great. A month ago he tries to lay that in or tries a short jumper. If he continues to improve this team could pull a repeat of what they did last year in just manhandling every team they face in the tournament.

Reaction Score

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

Boneyard jinx is stil at about 90%. You beat the odds.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The pathetic thing about Kenpom, torvik and all the others is that they let computers crunch numbers and spit out the pablum. I simply use the eye test and heart of a team.
I’m having a tough time telling if this is a joke or not. Well played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom