Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you think it affects the mojo... That's why I didn't watch. But OT? They came back to tie then lost to the crappy team on OT? That's not #1 worthy.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The Parrish hates UConn crowd really makes us look like Neanderthals. His argument for why they were ahead of us made sense and was in fact reinforced by the selection committee yesterday. He’ll absolutely have us #1 tomorrow.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Time for all of the Purdue fans to take their resumes, roll them up and [REDACTED].

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Purdue really hasn't looked good the last three weeks. The Big 10 isn't good.
Looking forward to my Purdue buddy attempting to justify the loss by talking about how competitive the big 10 is.

He already texted me before the end of the game to say that a loss today would be a positive since the team needs a " wake up call" before the postseason.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, what team has the most wins in the country?
I believe it would be the same one who has the best quad I winning percentage.

Reaction Score
Will this affect their Kenpom or NET?
Purdue took about a full point hit to their adjusted efficiency margin on Kenpom, so we went from having a super narrow lead to a healthy one.

Reaction Score
The Parrish hates UConn crowd really makes us look like Neanderthals. His argument for why they were ahead of us made sense and was in fact reinforced by the selection committee yesterday. He’ll absolutely have us #1 tomorrow.
He called arguments that we are #1 "pointless". I don't like his dismissiveness, so, yes, I will continue to hate on him.

Reaction Score
The everybody hates UConn thing is outdated. Calhoun pissed some of the talking heads off because he didn't play the game and some of them didn't mind kicking UConn when they were down in the later Ollie years when we were stuck in the AAC but these guys like Hurley and they're amazed by what he's done.

Reaction Score
The everybody hates UConn thing is outdated. Calhoun pissed some of the talking heads off because he didn't play the game and some of them didn't mind kicking UConn when they were down in the later Ollie years when we were stuck in the AAC but these guys like Hurley and they're amazed by what he's done.
Thank you. We're defending champs, ranked #1 and bathing in praise. The conspiracy theories sound silly outside the UConn bubble. Just enjoy it, I know I am.

Reaction Score
People criticize Uconn for not beating anybody noteworthy, but they already have. Yes, Purdue does have more quality wins, but that also have some bad losses now too (e.g. Ohio State).
1.) North Carolina. 87-76. They're very good, just not as good as us. Top 10 team.
2.) Marquette. 81-53 blowout. They are also vrry good. Top 5 team.
3.) Gonzaga is good. 76-63. Not "very good". But they are still good. They beat a decent Kentucky Wildcat team on the road (yes, Calipari is getting booed lately by Cats fans, but remember Wilcats they just beat Auburn this week on the Road). Therefore, the Zags do have potential to get back into the top 25 if they win on the road against Mount St. Mary's and San Francisco.
4.) Can Uconn beat Creighton and Marquette again....on the road for rematch. We'll see, but I'm confident if they play like are now...they'll win one or both of those games.
5.) Seton Hall kicked our butt earlier this year...but they are a good underrated (albeit, inconsistent) bubble team. We'll should be able to beat them in our rematch.
6.) The Big East tournament is also ripe with opportunities to beat top Big East teams again too, even win that tourney.

Our other loss is Kansas. We nearly beat a very good team in one the most intimidating college basketball arenas in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom