Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Upset Alert - Down Goes Perdue (merged)

Reaction Score
Looking forward to my Purdue buddy attempting to justify the loss by talking about how competitive the big 10 is.

He already texted me before the end of the game to say that a loss today would be a positive since the team needs a " wake up call" before the postseason.
Losing to a 16 seed would’ve woken me up, but that’s just me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could really care less about Purdue. Houston scares the hell out of me.
Houston doesn't scare me and the way I see it, we still owe them a butt whipping.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looking forward to my Purdue buddy attempting to justify the loss by talking about how competitive the big 10 is.

He already texted me before the end of the game to say that a loss today would be a positive since the team needs a " wake up call" before the postseason.
And here it is:

Ash, glad they lost it’s not gonna affect the rankings that much they’re still gonna be a one seed but it’s a good wake up call before the real important games come in they’ve been playing like the last four games so it’s not a bad thing

He's drunk

Reaction Score
I think Arizona is the team that would be a dangerous opponent for Uconn. Ballis a beast down low (7'0", 260 lbs) and they also have a 7'2" giants as well (his last name is Krivas). So, Clingan and Johnson would have size that can match their own size. Purdue has only one major inside threat in Zach Edey. Also, Arizona's backcourt also looks as big, tall, and talented as Uconn. Purdue's back is good, but they are smaller and nowhere near as deep. Our backcourt can overwhelm Purdue...but Arizon's backcourt maybe not so much.

Reaction Score
I could really care less about Purdue. Houston scares the hell out of me.
I think only teams that are elite offensively can stand a chance against us and Houston is far from that.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
And here it is:

Ash, glad they lost it’s not gonna affect the rankings that much they’re still gonna be a one seed but it’s a good wake up call before the real important games come in they’ve been playing like the last four games so it’s not a bad thing

He's drunk
Tell your buddy Edey looks like a giant robot out there. I think its a little late for a wake up call based on those 6 TOs today, he's just not that good. I too have a buddy who is a Purdue grad, I will be playing golf with tomorrow. Maybe we will compare notes. I intend to take the high road and let him make the first comment

Reaction Score
Houston doesn't scare me and the way I see it, we still owe them a butt whipping.
I agree. We haven't forgotten about that 39 point beatdown they gave us in Hurly's first year. This year, we can dominate them good. But probably not until the final 4 this years since they will likely be the 4th number one seed.

Reaction Score
I think only teams that are elite offensively can stand a chance against us and Houston is far from that.
I think we’re a better team and beat them in a 7 game series, but Houston absolutely can beat us on any given day. That defense is hard to game plan for and can really muck things up and get in the opponent’s head.

Reaction Score
That's Purdue. They have almost got beat by a lot of bad teams
Agreed. I haven’t been impressed with Purdue this year. Edey is a pu**y and plays in slow motion. Not athletic and robotic. Hurley will be breaking down this game if needed. OSU’s Battle hit some threes and we have many guys who can do this. Purdue as a whole is not athletic.

Reaction Score
Purdue was only giving 7.5 to 15-11 OSU?
We gave 7.5 to #4 Marquette!
The B1G must be awesome. /s

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tell your buddy Edey looks like a giant robot out there. I think its a little late for a wake up call based on those 6 TOs today, he's just not that good. I too have a buddy who is a Purdue grad, I will be playing golf with tomorrow. Maybe we will compare notes. I intend to take the high road and let him make the first comment
Yeah, I don't see much point in rubbing his face in it. We both know.

Reaction Score
Just the fact you’re able to play golf with anyone tomorrow pissed me off Sarge:eek:;)

Reaction Score
This whole "Purdue has more quality wins than UConn" is predicated on one simple reality, and that is not accepting the fact that the Big Ten is an overrated pile of crap of a basketball conference EVERY year.
FIFY

Reaction Score
Lol this is proof that the ncaa keeps disrespecting UConn! Even when we are the best team in the country they find a way to disrespect us !!!!!!!
Good. Let’s keep that chip on our shoulder. A comment was made by an announcer doing the Purdue game that Painter has had his starting 5 every game this year. And we’re #1 with a MASH team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom