Updated ESPNW Hoopgurlz Rankings | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Updated ESPNW Hoopgurlz Rankings

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some on the Cardinal Board WBB Recruiting section believe this based on social media messages/connections (or lack there of).
Well, considering that Rice would be a wonderful addition to UConn’s 2022 Class, I’ll consider that good news.

Reaction Score
Curious where you heard that Stanford is not in the mix on Rice anymore. If so, that’s pretty big news considering that many had expected that she would end up in Palo Alto.
That is big news and good news for Uconn fans if true. When you go after one of the top ranked players, get to the short list, and then miss out it really hurts. When they pick one of your most likely challengers for a championship, then that makes the pain many times worse. When we lost out on Boston and Jones it hurt us a lot, but also elevated SC and Stanford to near our level.

My first hope in recruiting is our success, but with the ones that get away the last thing I want to hear is Stanford, South Carolina, Maryland, Oregon, North Carolina State, or Louisville, at least this year. I know the player will pick a very good team, just hope it is not the very top tier in most competition with us.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That is big news and good news for Uconn fans if true. When you go after one of the top ranked players, get to the short list, and then miss out it really hurts. When they pick one of your most likely challengers for a championship, then that makes the pain many times worse. When we lost out on Boston and Jones it hurt us a lot, but also elevated SC and Stanford to near our level.

My first hope in recruiting is our success, but with the ones that get away the last thing I want to hear is Stanford, South Carolina, Maryland, Oregon, North Carolina State, or Louisville, at least this year. I know the player will pick a very good team, just hope it is not the very top tier in most competition with us.
While Stanford fans are feeling pessimistic about Rice, they are pointing at Kara Lawson and Duke as her likely landing spot. Certainly from a geographic standpoint Duke is a lot closer to home and, to the degree that strong academics are a part of Rice’s criteria, Duke fits the bill. Hopefully, Geno can redirect Rice further north.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is it me? Or do these rankers have an uncanny way of upgrading kids who've committed to UConn, because they know that if Coach Geno thinks they're that talented, they really must be?

I get a feeling I know who's reacting to whom...
Yes. No it's just you not paying close enough attention. There have been plenty of players who fell in the ranking AFTER committing to UCONN. For UCONN class of 2021 both Amari DeBerry and Saylor Poffenbarger fell in the ranking after committing to UCONN. Caroline Ducharme rose drastically and and Azzi Fudd stayed the same despite a major injury. A UCONN commitment is almost always incidental to other factors for a players rise or fall in the rankings such as injury, and most importantly performance. BTW the performance angle (ups and down) is covered pretty thoroughly in the recruiting thread.
There was also a pretty drastic shift in ESPN rankings about 6 months ago due to ESPN merging with Premier Basketball= completely different set of raters for the same publications (ESPN).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom