Updated Boston Diaco meet-n-greet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated Boston Diaco meet-n-greet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diaco deserves praise just for reaching out. He is making a real effort to engage the fan base. Some times it will be successful and sometimes not. The tour is a very good idea. Even with an occasional Debbie Downer in the crowd.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Diaco deserves praise just for reaching out. He is making a real effort to engage the fan base. Some times it will be successful and sometimes not. The tour is a very good idea. Even with an occasional Debbie Downer in the crowd.
I would love to have a post-season recap event as well. Easier to do coming off a solid season of course.

C

Chief00

I definitely had fun in Hartford. Also, there's no way that Diaco was prioritizing big donors. There were definitely large donors in Hartford, and HCBD went through a serious effort to visit every table and talk to every single person. When I spoke with him I was in a group and was very tight lipped--pretty much only said my name at the beginning of the conversation and then shut up. When he left five minutes later he said goodbye to me by name, which might seem simple but really struck me. He's talking to hundreds of people and I was incredibly quiet, yet he still remembered my name. He makes a point to not only talk to everyone, but to make them feel welcome. Seemed like a good dude.

I agree my experience with Bob is that he talks to everyone.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I live in South Boston and attended this event. I was really excited. My take:

I was incredibly disappointed. There were not 100 people there. That is a flat-out lie...maybe 50...at most. Diaco also prioritized the guys in suits (ie donors or special alums). He had no interest in talking to the younger fans (like those sitting at the bar such as myself). The fans that were there were very clique-y (in true Boston form - non-welcoming to outsiders). Gresh was as awful as I expected. Hell...even the raffle drawings seemed rigged to benefit certain individuals.

I will not attend another one of these events. That is certain.
What exactly were you expecting from the event? Cheerleaders giving hand jobs? Maybe Diaco could have served you drinks while you sat at the bar grumbling.

I have been to a few "events" with a celebrity guest speaker and varying level of fan expectation/access.

I can confidently say that no one who sits at a bar waiting to be greeted every walks away satisfied with the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom