Updated 2014 class rankings | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Updated 2014 class rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's the same in any sport,with all the billions spent by NFL teams over the years on drafting players, you can find hundreds of examples of bad draft choices.

It's just the nature of the evaluation of athletes.

th

maybe millions ?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Vionise Pierre-Louis to Oklahoma. It appears she committed during her visit this weekend. Khaalia Hillsman visited with her, but no word yet on her.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Vionise Pierre-Louis to Oklahoma. It appears she committed during her visit this weekend. Khaalia Hillsman visited with her, but no word yet on her.

Hillsman has visited OU, Depaul and Ohio State. I have also heard that TAMU is looking at her too although I dont know if she has visited them yet.

Reaction Score
Hillsman has visited OU, Depaul and Ohio State. I have also heard that TAMU is looking at her too although I dont know if she has visited them yet.

Per Keil Moore from PN, she is down to Colorado, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Kentucky.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Per Keil Moore from PN, she is down to Colorado, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Kentucky.

Wasn't sure who were her finalist. Not hard seeing her at Kentucky as she was high school teammates with Janee Thompson and Linnae Harper.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
ASGR #76 Yacine Diop to Pitt.

Susie McConnell Serio will be in her first year at Pitt. Hoping she can turn them around.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
2014 5'11 Guard Doniyah Cliney to South Carolina. She ranked #105 for Prospect Nation.

How many scholarships do they have to give??

And they have White visiting this weekend........

Stay tuned

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Interesting that Khaalia Hillsman committed to TAMU yet Keil Moore didn't even mention them in her list. Must of had a great trip!

Reaction Score
2014 5'11 Guard Doniyah Cliney to South Carolina. She ranked #105 for Prospect Nation.

Stay tuned

Shakayla Thomas is visiting this weekend, too.

Reaction Score

Stay tuned

South Carolina has 11 underclassmen - not sure if they're all scholarship though. But if they are, that would leave just 1 scholarship available since Cuevas, Duckett, and Cliney have verballed so far.

Reaction Score
South Carolina has 11 underclassmen - not sure if they're all scholarship though. But if they are, that would leave just 1 scholarship available since Cuevas, Duckett, and Cliney have verballed so far.

Recent article from a Gamecock website says that Staley is open to signing 6 so I assume they are not all scholarship players.

Reaction Score
Recent article from a Gamecock website says that Staley is open to signing 6 so I assume they are not all scholarship players.

Ah yes. Morrison and Farmer are walk-ons. So that would leave 3 scholarships.

Reaction Score
ASGR #76 Yacine Diop to Pitt.

Susie McConnell Serio will be in her first year at Pitt. Hoping she can turn them around.
She can turn it around if given the chance. It will take at least a few years of recruiting to build the program so that it's competitive in the ACC.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She can turn it around if given the chance. It will take at least a few years of recruiting to build the program so that it's competitive in the ACC.
Suzie has pulled in 3 Top 100 players this year and a fourth recruit as well. Her big issue at the moment is needing some size as all the recruits are guards and 2/3 types.

Reaction Score
Suzie has pulled in 3 Top 100 players this year and a fourth recruit as well. Her big issue at the moment is needing some size as all the recruits are guards and 2/3 types.

One of them, Stasha Carey (#83), is 6'3".

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I'm not a UConn fan, but I believe that UConn's class (based just on the rankings) is the class I would rather have. You get lots of quality without filling up too many slots. Most teams only give 7-8 players decent minutes, so if those players can all be highly regarded, you're doing great! I think the top 5 players typically encompass the 'franchise' players (difference makers for a program like Chiney, Diggins, Griner, KML, Stewart, Sims, Gray, etc.), so recruiting them is generally much better than getting 2 players in the early 20's. The talent drop-off is very steep, so players in the 40's are generally worth much less than players in the 20's. Of course there are always gems that are unearthed/developed who are much better than their rankings. Dolson was 39th in HoopsGurlz, but I don't know her composite ranking. Kayla McBride was ranked 20th, but she's better than many of the players ranked above her. But these players are very rare exceptions, statistically much less common than top 5 players that never reach their projected potential (list your favorite bust here, mines probably Sophia Loren). There's lots of information in the rankings, but there's a bit of variance that makes interpreting them literally a treacherous enterprise.

Nope. Dolly. Without a doubt, Dolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog