Update on Former Players - December | The Boneyard

Update on Former Players - December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bouk

Something just doesn't add up. I thought he would have a similar or even better career than Rip. (Boy was I wrong) He had all the tools. Last year is was the coach. Earlier this year it was the incident. He has been nailed to the bench outside of a few cameos in garbage time. Seems like his career is eroding. A close buddy of mine and I had a bet about the better NBA career between Bouk and David Duke Jr. I stupidly took Duke early on. Figured it was a certain loser after their 20/21 seasons. Bouk was destined to great things, Who would have thought that maybe Duke ends up better over the long term? Is there still time for Bouk? Can he turn it around? He was the next great Husky pro. We need more of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Maybe he’s not playing that well? Sadly that’s what I’ve seen.

Reaction Score
Last season's transfers:

Akok Akok (Georgetown) - 6.8p / 7.3r / 2.0b (shooting 30% from 3 after a good start, only 9 FT attempts in 400 minutes)

Jalen Gaffney (Florida Atlantic) - 8.2p / 3.1r / 2.3a (shooting 48% from the field and 49% from 3, FAU having a great season)

Rahsool Diggins (UMass) - 3.5p / 1.2r / 2.6a (32% from the field and 1/8 from FT line)

Corey Floyd Jr (Providence) - 61 total minutes in 7 games played. Totals of 25 points 10 rebounds 2 assists on 50% shooting

--

Brendan Adams (George Washington) - 16.9p / 5r / 3a (60% from 2, 37% from 3 - a breakout season for the 5th yr senior!)

Reaction Score
Bouk

Something just doesn't add up. I thought he would have a similar or even better career than Rip. (Boy was I wrong) He had all the tools. Last year is was the coach. Earlier this year it was the incident. He has been nailed to the bench outside of a few cameos in garbage time. Seems like his career is eroding. A close buddy of mine and I had a bet about the better NBA career between Bouk and David Duke Jr. I stupidly took Duke early on. Figured it was a certain loser after their 20/21 seasons. Bouk was destined to great things, Who would have thought that maybe Duke ends up better over the long term? Is there still time for Bouk? Can he turn it around? He was the next great Husky pro. We need more of them.
The thing about being a professional basketball player is that it takes at least some professionalism. I go back to his antics at Gampel last season as a fan. Many on here thought it was funny, many even thought it was cool, but to others (including myself) it showed a lack of the professionalism that any organization would want in an asset.

He has the physical talent. Maybe he has it in him to be professional and he’ll figure it out. But maybe he also just doesn’t have it in him. Many physically gifted young men just didn’t have what it took to be professional.

Reaction Score
The thing about being a professional basketball player is that it takes at least some professionalism. I go back to his antics at Gampel last season as a fan. Many on here thought it was funny, many even thought it was cool, but to others (including myself) it showed a lack of the professionalism that any organization would want in an asset.

He has the physical talent. Maybe he has it in him to be professional and he’ll figure it out. But maybe he also just doesn’t have it in him. Many physically gifted young men just didn’t have what it took to be professional.

You're overthinking it. He just can't shoot.

pj

Reaction Score
Last season's transfers:

Akok Akok (Georgetown) - 6.8p / 7.3r / 2.0b (shooting 30% from 3 after a good start, only 9 FT attempts in 400 minutes)

Jalen Gaffney (Florida Atlantic) - 8.2p / 3.1r / 2.3a (shooting 48% from the field and 49% from 3, FAU having a great season)

Rahsool Diggins (UMass) - 3.5p / 1.2r / 2.6a (32% from the field and 1/8 from FT line)

Corey Floyd Jr (Providence) - 61 total minutes in 7 games played. Totals of 25 points 10 rebounds 2 assists on 50% shooting

--

Brendan Adams (George Washington) - 16.9p / 5r / 3a (60% from 2, 37% from 3 - a breakout season for the 5th yr senior!)

Happy for Brendan!

Reaction Score
Last season's transfers:

--

I’m still waiting for a single one of the “the sky is falling” chorus on here who were going crazy when Floyd and Diggins transferred out to state in words of one syllable how wrong they were and that in the future they will assume that when someone who couldn’t make the rotation transfers out it probably is because they just weren’t good enough (regardless of how they were viewed as prospects while they were in high school).

But I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watched the GTown/Xavier game on and off last night. I hope Akok does well, good kid. But we are so much better with Karaban and others it’s easy to see. One quick play by play he left a low block double team to go get his guy where he was on the south side of the basket, left the other defender defenseless and Nunge too one step for a lay in. Right after he realized he screwed up grabbed the ball to take it inbounds threw it to Spears automatically but didn’t look to see the Xavier guy stayed home, steal and lay in.

Good kid gets lots of minutes there but the same player.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m still waiting for a single one of the “the sky is falling” chorus on here who were going crazy when Floyd and Diggins transferred out to state in words of one syllable how wrong they were and that in the fututure they will assume that when someone who couldn’t make the rotation transfers out it probably is because they just weren’t good enough (regardless of how they were viewed as prospects while they were in high school).

But I’m not holding my breath.
Just wait until one has a double digit game on the same day we lose

Reaction Score
Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I thought Bouknight would have had at least a better career than Jeremy Lamb (who doesn't appear to be playing anymore) and even that looks like a stretch at this point.

Reaction Score

It was funny. People are capable of recognizing his behavior is unprofessional and that particular incident was funny. Those same people could also have figured pretty quickly that he didn't have what it takes to be a solid NBA player. All of those things can be true at the same time.

Reaction Score
I thought Bouknight would have had at least a better career than Jeremy Lamb (who doesn't appear to be playing anymore) and even that looks like a stretch at this point.
You do realize that Lamb played ten years in the NBA, right ? He was never a "star" in the NBA, but a 10 year career is pretty significant. I would never assume anyone had that in them, least of all Bouknight

Reaction Score
You do realize that Lamb played ten years in the NBA, right ? He was never a "star" in the NBA, but a 10 year career is pretty significant. I would never assume anyone had that in them, least of all Bouknight

Where did I say that wasn't a significant accomplishment?

Reaction Score
At this point the only thing you can ding Hurley for is misevaluating some of these guys in high school. He nailed everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom