Update on Former Players - December | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Update on Former Players - December

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With all the detritus on NBA rosters, how has Kemba not been signed prior to this? In overtime, the Cavaliers were not even defending the other 4 players on the floor. If they know Kemba is the primary threat on Dallas with Luka out, how come no one else wanted a primary threat?

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
With all the detritus on NBA rosters, how has Kemba not been signed prior to this? In overtime, the Cavaliers were not even defending the other 4 players on the floor. If they know Kemba is the primary threat on Dallas with Luka out, how come no one else wanted a primary threat?
Kemba was on the Woj pod last month- before he signed- and he made it sound like it was very much his choice to take his time and make sure his knee was as good as it could be before coming back. He implied that he had his suitors and that he wanted to make sure it was an ideal situation. He was making $40MM this year whether he rushed back or not, which is an amazing luxury to have.

Reaction Score
Jalen Gaffney (Florida Atlantic) - 8.2p / 3.1r / 2.3a (shooting 48% from the field and 49% from 3, FAU having a great season)
After beating FIU 79-53 yesterday, Florida Atlantic has broken their school record for longest winning streak (9 games), is now 10-1 and ranked #42 in KenPom.

According to Basketball Reference, FAU is in good position to have its best season record in D1 history:

1671404150423.png

Reaction Score
I think DH proven player development is something that will keep guys like Javonte here in the future.

Javonte and Donovan both played against lesser competition in high school. With Donovan, the talent and work ethic was evident. With Javonte, they were hoping they could develop him. I honestly thought he was hurt this season, I didn’t realize he just wasn’t playing.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
UConn is so good at basketball our general student body can be starters at other schools
Walk-on Matt Garry went into the Transfer Portal last spring, but doesn't seem to have joined another program. Is that correct?

Reaction Score
Just finished up my blog post on FAU historic season, most of which details their insane guard depth.

Gaffney is one of seven guards on FAU that averages between 17 and 27 minutes per game, plus former PSA grad Vlad Goldin has really stepped up in Year 3 to give the Owls size and roster balance.

Reaction Score
Bouknight needed a veteran. Charlotte was probably the worst place for him to go for that. The team looks like a mess culture and locker room wise and I say this as a Lamelo fan.
Inconsistent both in practice on AND off the court says a Charlotte friend

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member