Unpopular WBB Opinions That You Hold | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Unpopular WBB Opinions That You Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If this were true, why does Geno have a 29-8 record against ND?
What the coach puts out the players have to execute it, and Notre Dame's players out played us 3 times out of 4.
The last game besides Stewart we were neck and neck for awhile.

Reaction Score
That is true. But you have to work together as a team to play a tough game like that. You have to make good passes and shots and be aware of the defense and offense. Sometimes it takes time to get, but at the end it's rewarded(ex first 3 games against Notre Dame, then the 4th game)

Let me preface my post with Geno runs the best stuff because he's the best women's coach, by far!! He also is fantastic in targeting opponents weaknesses with his defensive strategies like no other women's coach. Put that together with the best recruits in the country pretty much every year, your "team" basketball will look pretty damn good. Funny though....the opponents are also playing "women's" college basketball but their fundamentals and basic's don't look all that good against the Huskies now do they? It's all relative.........

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
You're "team" basketball looks fantastic in 26 of 30 regular season games against teams with little or no chance to come within 40 of the Huskies women. Heck no other teams are good enough to stop the Husky girls from running their stuff which looks so great.

There are several reasons that UConn dominates wcbb. Let me keep it easy for you. Championship teams are consistently winners. UConn is consistently a championship team, unlike wannabes like Notre Dame.

UConn is simply better, much better, than their competition. I hope that is not too difficult for you to understand. And if you are unable to grasp this basic fact, I suggest you learn to deal with it.

Reaction Score
Here's an opinion that might not be unpopular anywhere other than among a bunch of UConn fans. Tennessee is FAR from finished. They are going to be a major force in wcbb as long as they want to be one. They'll win at least one NC in the next five years.

Reaction Score
There are several reasons that UConn dominates wcbb. Let me keep it easy for you. Championship teams are consistently winners. UConn is consistently a championship team, unlike wannabes like Notre Dame.

UConn is simply better, much better, than their competition. I hope that is not too difficult for you to understand. And if you are unable to grasp this basic fact, I suggest you learn to deal with it.

Kibitzer, obviously you're way too intelligent for me as I would've never known that. But seeing as you only understand how the women play I now know you know very little about basketball overall so I won't try to explain again my point of view. Way too challenging for you I promise!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

ehh, you kinda missed mau's point there.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It's time for me to withdraw from this thread. Too much unpleasantness.

As Kenny Rogers sang:

"You gotta know when to hold 'em,
know when to fold 'em,
know when to talk away. . . ."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

As Kenny Rogers sang:

know when to fold 'em,
Well it's a pretty old thread anyway. Not sure why we are retreading it.

As sad as it is/was, I always liked that song. (not that the song was sad, but liking KR :rolleyes:)

Reaction Score
Here's another controversial one, that I hold"
Dunking should be outlawed, because it fundamentally changes the nature of the women's game, which relies on a "below the rim, above the shoulders" mentality for all of what is good about it.

I also think Dunking should be banned in WBB but because it is only used by the "talking suits" to justify why you watch WBB! They go crazy over the dunk and ignore the other obvious reasons that WBB is so great!
There are some of the WCBB coaches that are considered GREAT COACHES but are really GREAT RECRUITERS not GREAT GAME COACHES! Gail Goestenkoers, Sylvia Hatchell, Andy Landers, C. Vivian Stringer, Carolyn Peck, Nell Fortner, Jim Foster, etc. are horrible GAME COACHES but have great athletes playing for them! Sylvia Hatchell has a NCAA title because S. Crawley hit a 3 with 2 sec. left to beat GA! She will never make a Final 4 with this great recruiting class!
One of the biggest changes in WBB has to be improve the quality of the refs they stink! WBB has the worst refs in any sport in the world!

Reaction Score
I also think Dunking should be banned in WBB but because it is only used by the "talking suits" to justify why you watch WBB! They go crazy over the dunk and ignore the other obvious reasons that WBB is so great!
There are some of the WCBB coaches that are considered GREAT COACHES but are really GREAT RECRUITERS not GREAT GAME COACHES! Gail Goestenkoers, Sylvia Hatchell, Andy Landers, C. Vivian Stringer, Carolyn Peck, Nell Fortner, Jim Foster, etc. are horrible GAME COACHES but have great athletes playing for them! Sylvia Hatchell has a NCAA title because S. Crawley hit a 3 with 2 sec. left to beat GA! She will never make a Final 4 with this great recruiting class!
One of the biggest changes in WBB has to be improve the quality of the refs they stink! WBB has the worst refs in any sport in the world!
I agree with the refereeing. I follow women's soccer too and I've heard the refs aren't much better.

Reaction Score

Never got the Stinger love. She never goes anywhere with her team. There are few great wcbb coaches. Geno Muffet and I would say Walz is well on his way. The biggest difference is Geno is also a great recruiter which makes him and his teams scary good.

Reaction Score

As Kenny Rogers sang:

know when to fold 'em,

Cute!! Good call by the way...........you can't win!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom