Under Pasqualoni | The Boneyard

Under Pasqualoni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team will always be second best on the football field. Time to resign.

Reaction Score
Do just enough to lose.

If that game last night had happened in year one, I would have found encouragement. That it happened in year three, a couple of weeks after a loss to an FCS team? I applaud the effort, be we didn't go all in football to lose close games at home to Michigan. Unless they win out, bye bye.

Reaction Score
I give P credit for getting the team ready to battle with intensity. Sadly, it makes me wonder where the fire and intensity was for the first 2 games. I can't indict P for a tremendous effort against Michigan. But, I can for everything preceding it, because it makes it all the more clear the will and talent are present, but the coaching is not.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Michigan loss would have been ok if it was the first loss this year at home. But it's the third...in game three...with an FCS team as game one. I don't give P credit for anything.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Under Edsall:

We won games we were supposed to win.
We split the games that were toss ups. Mainly winning at home, losing on the road.
We lost most of the games we were supposed to lose.

It was quite remarkable how consistent the above held true in the Edsall era.

With P there just seems to be a complete lack of any sense of consistency or organization.

With Edsall you knew exactly what you're were going to get and that's a quality our next coach has to have.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni only needs to win 32 straight home games to match Edsall's home record. Seems simple enough. Just need to get hot.

To be completely fair he only needs to go 32-3.

Reaction Score
I'm bad at math. Sorry for giving P more credit than he deserves.
I might call into the radio show tonight and ask him how under his tenure they have lost the home field advantage.

Reaction Score
I give P credit for getting the team ready to battle with intensity. Sadly, it makes me wonder where the fire and intensity was for the first 2 games. I can't indict P for a tremendous effort against Michigan. But, I can for everything preceding it, because it makes it all the more clear the will and talent are present, but the coaching is not.

Not for nothing, but how hard do you think it is to get an 0-2 team excited to play against a ranked team at home, under the lights, on saturday night, on primetime television?

A goat could have given the pre-game talk and they'd still be fired up to play.

Reaction Score
Startling numbers.

Moreover, it is happening at the most inopportune time. We have to keep pushing for CR that gets us out of this mess of a conference. A poorly performing football team is exactly what we don't need. I posted yesterday that PP got a reprieve through this Saturday at Buffalo. The kids showed up against Michigan and the fans did all of Connecticut proud. It was helpful to our reputation and for our CR chances, IMO. Still, at the end, a blown play kept us from winning. We have to start winning, not just losing valiantly! A sh!tty performance v. Buffalo should seal PP's fate. No more being satisfied with "well at least we were competitive..." or, worse yet, " we were a couple of plays away..." Hate to say it, but when Edsall coached, you kind of expected to win, especially at the Rent. Now you go to games and hope we do. Huge difference in attitude. WM has to have him on very short leash starting Saturday and a mid-season dismissal simply can't be off the table. More after the game...

Reaction Score
When I see ZooCougar (or anyone else here) resign from a guaranteed contract then I'll agree that he should resign.

Reaction Score
When I see ZooCougar (or anyone else here) resign from a guaranteed contract then I'll agree that he should resign.

He could agree to a deal and step aside, it's called a compromise.

Reaction Score
It looks like Warde is punting on any coaching change until season's end. A loss to Michigan after leading late and a probable victory against BUFFALO will be considered sufficient cover to avoid hurting anyone's feelings during the season. Messy business this is. Best to sit tight and hope not too much damage is done before burning any bridges.

Reaction Score

While I do think we played with heightened intensity (especially the defense), it can't overshadow the fact that we barely crossed 200 yards in total offense...less than 50 yards rushing. You're not going to win games that way even if the other team has 4 turnovers. Unfortunately, intensity didn't translate into positive results.

Reaction Score
While I do think we played with heightened intensity (especially the defense), it can't overshadow the fact that we barely crossed 200 yards in total offense...less than 50 yards rushing. You're not going to win games that way even if the other team has 4 turnovers. Unfortunately, intensity didn't translate into positive results.
Don't get me wrong. I despise everything P and his boyfriend have done to this program. I would have fired him half way through the season last year. There is no better clue to ineffective coaching than when a team does not improve at all during the season and continually makes the same mistakes and fails to execute - e.g. last year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nothing is going to happen mid-year. He'll take some money and announce his retirement before the last game.

There is really no benefit to running him out now. Just creates an absolute circus internally. There needs to be order to the transfer of power.

Reaction Score
Those types of compromises don't happen till much later in the season.

He should start the conversation now. He has failed and it would be an honorable way for him to check out.

Reaction Score
He should start the conversation now. He has failed and it would be an honorable way for him to check out.

To little too late but moving on I'll blow a fuse unless he makes a great hire of a guy that is currently unavailable. If it's a guy he could get today then holy you know what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom