unc | The Boneyard

unc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nine scholarships for three years and a one year bowl ban? Hardly, USC level sanctions.

Let's remember these (program actively involved) were worse violations than OSU (program knew and covered it up) which in turn were worse than USC (program didn't blatantly know) which were all way worse than our MBB combined recruiting and academic violations.

If you factor in the FB/BB conversion and compare this to our presumed tourney ban and lost scholarships. They got off light.

Any mention anywhere of how the academic fraud affects UNC's APR?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Wow UConn men's basketball was stripped of 9 scholarships over 3 years and is now ineligible for the 2014 NCAA tourney as penalty for UNC football transgressions? Wow, they really hammered us this time.

Reaction Score
Nine scholarships for three years and a one year bowl ban? Hardly, USC level sanctions.

Let's remember these (program actively involved) were worse violations than OSU (program knew and covered it up) which in turn were worse than USC (program didn't blatantly know) which were all way worse than our MBB combined recruiting and academic violations.

If you factor in the FB/BB conversion and compare this to our presumed tourney ban and lost scholarships. They got off light.

They got off lightly. One could argue they received the same penalty UConn did for bad APR scores.

Can't think of anything worse at a school than a system of academic cheating overseen by the coach.

Reaction Score

Academic fraud enhances your APR score. If found committing academic fraud, you are in compliance with the spirit of APR regulations.

Reaction Score
Academic fraud enhances your APR score. If found committing academic fraud, you are in compliance with the spirit of APR regulations.

exactly. apparently if we just made up some fraudulent passing test scores and reported them to the NCAA we would have had a lighter penalty. you have to love the logic of those knuckleheads

Reaction Score
I think they got off easy. Not saying it should have been worse, but it easily could have been.

Reaction Score
In the ACC, Miami, Georgia Tech & Clemson have pending NCAA sanctions coing.

Reaction Score
ouch
I have a hard time believing that this type of thing is not routine at Bama, LSU, Auburn, Tenn, etc. It's just that in the ACC, you tend to get caught because it is more of traditional conference of educational institutions than a developmental league for the NFL. Nothing to back this up, but just a hard time believing that this isn't prevalent in the SEC.

Reaction Score
It's just that in the sec all classes that are important occur just after gym class and before recess or lunch.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing that this type of thing is not routine at Bama, LSU, Auburn, Tenn, etc. It's just that in the ACC, you tend to get caught because it is more of traditional conference of educational institutions than a developmental league for the NFL. Nothing to back this up, but just a hard time believing that this isn't prevalent in the SEC.

Please, academic fraud is everywhere in college football. The SEC? The MAC, CAA, NEC... everyone is cheating, it's just a matter of to what degree and how well organized it is.

Reaction Score
Wow UConn men's basketball was stripped of 9 scholarships over 3 years and is now ineligible for the 2014 NCAA tourney as penalty for UNC football transgressions? Wow, they really hammered us this time.

I thought our BB APR may cost us the 2013 tourney. How did 2014 get in the mix?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I thought our BB APR may cost us the 2013 tourney. How did 2014 get in the mix?

Well that's just it, they've already taken 2013 from us, so when they whacked us for UNC's misdoings, they took 2014 away, too.

Reaction Score
That means we now went 9-4 in 2008 and 2009. Who'll remember why 15 years from now except Carl. ;>)

It doesn't though =/ vacating wins doesn't mean the other team gets them.

Reaction Score

UNC proposed lesser penalties so they could play in a bowl game this year. NCAA didn't like that and slapped them with much harsher penalties.

I don't know what you guys are talking about - this is pretty significant for a football program that really never has been good (well...except for that time they cheated.) This will make UNC football irrelevant for many many many years.

Reaction Score
Please, academic fraud is everywhere in college football. The SEC? The MAC, CAA, NEC... everyone is cheating, it's just a matter of to what degree and how well organized it is.

So, I've taught at a few D1 schools with sports, and have had students (top caliber) at these schools, and have been friends as an undergrad at another school with top quality sports, and they all did it the right way. Penn St, Boston U, U Buffalo. Had a kid turn in a 10 page paper the day of the conference tournament this week, and he then went out and scored 34 points. 99.9% positive he wrote it because of his his class participation, etc.

Reaction Score
UNC proposed lesser penalties so they could play in a bowl game this year. NCAA didn't like that and slapped them with much harsher penalties.

I don't know what you guys are talking about - this is pretty significant for a football program that really never has been good (well...except for that time they cheated.) This will make UNC football irrelevant for many many many years.

A loss of one bowl game? For academic fraud overseen by the coach?

Reaction Score
At least we are back at 0-0 rather than 0-2 against UNC.
Um, I seem to remember a game we played against the Heels in our Yankee Conference days where they beat us handily, something like 55-7.

Reaction Score
Um, I seem to remember a game we played against the Heels in our Yankee Conference days where they beat us handily, something like 55-7.
Forgot about that. Make that 0-1 instead of 0-3. My fault.

Reaction Score

48-21. It was 17-0 Heels in a hurry. UConn had it 17-7 and was driving well into UNC territory to make it 17-14 when UConn threw an INT deep in the red zone (might have been a pick 6, cant recall for sure), and the rest was history. The difference in speed was ridiculous. UNC's nose guard tracked down Kevin Wesley (RB) from behind, about 30 yards down field.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
48-21. It was 17-0 Heels in a hurry. UConn had it 17-7 and was driving well into UNC territory to make it 17-14 when UConn threw an INT deep in the red zone (might have been a pick 6, cant recall for sure), and the rest was history. The difference in speed was ridiculous. UNC's nose guard tracked down Kevin Wesley (RB) from behind, about 30 yards down field.

Sounds an awful lot like the Fiesta Bowl. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member