UNC vs Kansas Monday night | The Boneyard

UNC vs Kansas Monday night

Reaction Score
As much as I've always hated UNC (going back to when they beat GTown in the '82 final), kudos to them for sending K off into retirement and the Dookies into the offseason with the taste of puke in their mouths. That said, I'll be holding my nose and rooting for UNC to beat Kansas. Easy enough to root for Hubert Davis compared to Bill Self, and more importantly, it would keep KU with 3 titles (one behind UConn). As long as we're gonna harp on Nova staying behind us in titles, might as well do the same with KU.

Reaction Score
Either way it sucks. UNC winning would mean we’re no longer the team with the most titles since 1999 (they would have 4 since 2005). KU winning ties us at 4 titles. Go UNC?

Reaction Score
Either way it sucks. UNC winning would mean we’re no longer the team with the most titles since 1999 (they would have 4 since 2005). KU winning ties us at 4 titles. Go UNC?

That seems very arbitrary though. UNC already had 3 titles before that, most recently in 1993. They already have 6 overall. One more won't change the overall perception of them. UConn having more overall titles than an established longtime blueblood like Kansas is a feather in our cap.

Reaction Score
Tar Heels no doubt. Can’t stand Self could never root for that guy, overrated and a cheat! Hubert is a good guy and not the fraud the other guy is. Hope Bacot is ok!
Agreed. Self is not only a cheat but has been rewarded by his institution for said cheating. Cannot root for that scum.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm torn. Agree with the assessment of Self; the logic on number of titles; glad it ain't Duke and the endless celebrations of coach K on ESPN and CBS.

However, never liked UNC, thought they and their fans were always a bit too full of themselves, even in years Duke was beating them handily. Plus, they got away with egregious cheating with the fake/no-show coursework, and somehow skated without having to so much as say mea culpa, never mind loss of scholarships or post-season bans.

I'm 55/45 for UNC, but it's closer than I'd like.

Reaction Score
I'm torn. Agree with the assessment of Self; the logic on number of titles; glad it ain't Duke and the endless celebrations of coach K on ESPN and CBS.

However, never liked UNC, thought they and their fans were always a bit too full of themselves, even in years Duke was beating them handily. Plus, they got away with egregious cheating with the fake/no-show coursework, and somehow skated without having to so much as say mea culpa, never mind loss of scholarships or post-season bans.

I'm 55/45 for UNC, but it's closer than I'd like.
I’m 100% for a meteor hitting the stadium. If it takes Nantz and Hill with them, so much the better. But Raftery would absolutely survive.

Reaction Score
The jealousy on this board is overwhelming. I first found he Boneyard in 199?. It was right before my Jayhawks played the Huskies and I enjoyed the sense of frivolity so much I ended up hanging around long after the game ended. With all the Kansas hate on the board it has become quite obvious to me that I am no longer welcome here. Farewell and have fun with the cesspool you have created.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The jealousy on this board is overwhelming. I first found he Boneyard in 199?. It was right before my Jayhawks played the Huskies and I enjoyed the sense of frivolity so much I ended up hanging around long after the game ended. With all the Kansas hate on the board it has become quite obvious to me that I am no longer welcome here. Farewell and have fun with the cesspool you have created.
Can’t argue. Wish we had a direct line to Adidas to ask for some guys.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
between the boys and the girls, 15-0 in title games, so far. going for 16 tonite.
what do u got?
danny manning? prolly get the local aarp to show up for that parade. sounds like fun. not.

Reaction Score
It's pretty hilarious how otherwise grown-ass adults can be reduced to children bragging to one another at recess.

Or pathetic. Pick your poison?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Massachusetts Street in Lawrence on Saturday. Hoping for more of the same tomorrow @beakumhawks

277841803_593610735576252_5429247162218369076_n.jpg

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I appreciate what UNC did twice to coach K, but I hate the school and their conference. Also hate Kansas. My dream scenario, assuming the previously mentioned meteor doesn't hit, is for Kansas to win and then get stripped of the title somewhere down the road.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Should be a really good game as long as UNC's magic can continue - Kansas is a well balanced team
Im guessing that Bacot gets into early foul trouble and Kansas pulls away in the 2nd half
Would love to see Coach Davis win - he's one of the good guys

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We cannot have Kansas tie us in National Championships. I’m hoping Bill Self will Bill Self himself to an L.

Reaction Score
Don’t root for cheaters.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I've always welcomed your comments, and wondered why you've posted so infrequently in recent years. This didn't turn out to be what I'd expected when I started reading this post. Oh well.

Not that it'll make a difference, but my 9 week old granddaughter's daddy grew up in Topeka, went to KU, and loves his team like I love mine. It made it much easier to watch and appreciate how the Jayhawks played on Saturday.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised by how eager you all are to take stereotype for gospel given everything Calhoun went through. Self has two top 100 recruits in his rotation. His best players are from the area. He's never recruited on par with the Duke's, Kentucky's, UNC's. They win because he's an unbelievable coach.

Obviously they're cheating. Everyone is. As long as they're the same victimless crimes everyone else is committing (and there's a strong case to be made UNC's were not), who really cares? He's not pushing old women into traffic.

Reaction Score
Not. Self fan at all, but the man always gives his team’s fans a top 5 team. Always enjoyed UNC and Davis did a great job for his first year. Going with UNC.
Watch UNC and Kansas freshmen and sophs. They play like they have been around forever. UCONN use to recruit players like that. Our young players and even some older ones are nowhere near them in skills.
Calhoun did a great job in getting who he wanted. Hurley can give you a top 25 team. He cannot take them into the top 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom