UNC vs Kansas Monday night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UNC vs Kansas Monday night

Reaction Score
Not. Self fan at all, but the man always gives his team’s fans a top 5 team. Always enjoyed UNC and Davis did a great job for his first year. Going with UNC.
Watch UNC and Kansas freshmen and sophs. They play like they have been around forever. UCONN use to recruit players like that. Our young players and even some older ones are nowhere near them in skills.
Calhoun did a great job in getting who he wanted. Hurley can give you a top 25 team. He cannot take them into the top 5.
True. Calhoun eventually got a few players like that and mixed them in with diamonds in the rough to win titles. It was a process that slowly developed. Never forget getting Donyell and seeing him for the first time ,that game is burned in my brain. When does Hurley get his first Donyell?

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for UNC - I have enjoyed watching Bacot and Manek the past couple of games. Plus UNC gave K his first lost, his last regular season loss, and his final NCAA loss and that HAS to be worth something.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I’m 100% for a meteor hitting the stadium. If it takes Nantz and Hill with them, so much the better. But Raftery would absolutely survive.
Yea I'm not cheering for the meteor, but I'm past aggravated with Mr. Hello Friends. Just comes off as too rah rah for me.

Reaction Score
The jealousy on this board is overwhelming. I first found he Boneyard in 199?. It was right before my Jayhawks played the Huskies and I enjoyed the sense of frivolity so much I ended up hanging around long after the game ended. With all the Kansas hate on the board it has become quite obvious to me that I am no longer welcome here. Farewell and have fun with the cesspool you have created.
@HuskyHawk and @HawkHusky don't seem to let it get in their way!

i dont really care who wins tonight. being tied at 4 chips with the fourth best program still gives us bragging rights, altho at this rate KU will almost certainly win a 5th before we do. hopefully we can tie them at 5 before they win a 6th and around and around we'll go. IMO:

Tier 1 Blue Bloods:
1. UK - 8 chips
2. UNC - 6/7
3. Duke - 5
4. KU - 3/4

Tier 2 Blue Bloods:
1. UCLA - 11
2. UConn - 4
3. Nova - 3
4. IU - 5
5. MSU - 2
6. L'ville - 3*

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

i dont really care who wins tonight. being tied at 4 chips with the fourth best program still gives us bragging rights, altho at this rate KU will almost certainly win a 5th before we do. hopefully we can tie them at 5 before they win a 6th and around and around we'll go.
I think @HawkHusky is a St. Joes Hawks fan.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So who do you guys think will win tonight? I feel like KU has maybe 60-40 odds, but UNC plays great when they get hot. You never know.
The defense Kansas has played has been beyond anything I hoped for, will probably be the key again.

Reaction Score
I going with N.C. It's hard to root for Carolina with all the dirt , but don't want the Jayhawks to tie us with 4 ships. Sorry Hawk.

Reaction Score
So who do you guys think will win tonight? I feel like KU has maybe 60-40 odds, but UNC plays great when they get hot. You never know.
The defense Kansas has played has been beyond anything I hoped for, will probably be the key again.

Truth be told, I was never really blown away by this Kansas team - but then at halftime of the Miami game, they turned it into a different gear. They're outscoring opponents 128-80 ever since.

I mean, Nova shot 42% from three and still lost by 16. They started off the second half like 6-7 from three and couldn't make a dent in the lead.

Reaction Score

i dont really care who wins tonight. being tied at 4 chips with the fourth best program still gives us bragging rights, altho at this rate KU will almost certainly win a 5th before we do. hopefully we can tie them at 5 before they win a 6th and around and around we'll go. IMO:

Tier 1 Blue Bloods:
1. UK - 8 chips
2. UNC - 6/7
3. Duke - 5
4. KU - 3/4

Tier 2 Blue Bloods:
1. UCLA - 11
2. UConn - 4
3. Nova - 3
4. IU - 5
5. MSU - 2
6. L'ville - 3*

Is Indiana really a tier two blue blood? I know they've been down for a while, but come on. The passion for basketball in that state alone has to make them a blue blood.

Reaction Score
Is Indiana really a tier two blue blood? I know they've been down for a while, but come on. The passion for basketball in that state alone has to make them a blue blood.
assuming KU wins tonight i think the top 4 are head and shoulders above the next 6 so yes IU is squarely tier 2 IMO.

case in point i've got ucla w/ 11 chips in tier 2 and theyve also been more relevant more recently than IU has.

Reaction Score

I think Kansas wears them out but, be forewarned, I thought Marquette/Carolina was going to be the best game of the tournament and I thought Duke was going to steamroll them so I might have a Seth Davis '14 thing going with North Carolina.

Reaction Score

Tier 1 Blue Bloods:
1. UK - 8 chips
2. UNC - 6/7
3. Duke - 5
4. KU - 3/4

Tier 2 Blue Bloods:
1. UCLA - 11
2. UConn - 4
3. Nova - 3
4. IU - 5
5. MSU - 2
6. L'ville - 3*
I go with post-1975 which is when the tournament went to 32 teams. This also coincides with the diminished stature of the NIT. It is also 47 years ago which goes through multiple coaches and rule changes (shot clock, 3 point line). Going from 1975 the list looks like this

Duke - 5
UNC - 5
UK - 4
UConn - 4
Nova - 3
Indiana - 3
L'ville - 3*
MSU - 2
UCLA - 2
KU - 2

Reaction Score
i like UNC's starting 5. i think they have the advantage at 4/5 spots aside from agbaji, but i still think KU wins by 7 or 8 b/c of their D and bench.

Reaction Score
I go with post-1975 which is when the tournament went to 32 teams. This also coincides with the diminished stature of the NIT. It is also 47 years ago which goes through multiple coaches and rule changes (shot clock, 3 point line). Going from 1975 the list looks like this

Duke - 5
UNC - 5
UK - 4
UConn - 4
Nova - 3
Indiana - 3
L'ville - 3*
MSU - 2
UCLA - 2
KU - 2
very reasonable. altho i'd still probably slot KU in b/w UK and UConn, especially if they win tonight. since '75:

1. UNC - 5/6
2. Duke - 5
3. UK - 4
4. KU - 3/4
5. UConn - 4
6. Nova - 3
7. IU - 3
8. MSU - 2
9. UCLA - 2
10. L'ville - 3*

iirc florida is the only other school w/ multiple chips since '75 but they just lost their coach to UGA and are thus disqualified from blue blood status lol. theyre a not so honorable mention.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any ‘Yarders in town? I’ll be there tonight, got hospitality passes to the Clairmont Room

Reaction Score
Since one team has to win I am going with Carolina. 1st, the underdog. 2nd, East coast bias. 3rd, and most important, we owe UNC a yuge debt of gratitude for some great basketball moments in 2022. giving he who shall not be spelled correctly multiple swift kicks to the curb. glorious.

Reaction Score

I think KU wins because of McCormack but UNC is playing like typical UNC (not an 8 seed), so it’s anybody’s guess.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think Kansas wears them out but, be forewarned, I thought Marquette/Carolina was going to be the best game of the tournament and I thought Duke was going to steamroll them so I might have a Seth Davis '14 thing going with North Carolina.
Oh I’ve got no illusions. Size, talent, experience. They merely underperformed in the regular season. They almost have 5 guys averaging double figures. I’m expecting KU to play better D, and use depth to do that consistently. But I expect a close game.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m on KU -4. Which of course means that UNC will win.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Ugh. Thought the game was at 8:20. 9:20 is a ridiculous start time. Hope I can make it to the end. Been sick for several day.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Bunch of late money on Kansas. Line moved to 4.5 pushing 5. UNC gets in foul trouble it’s over. They have no bench at all.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Ugh. Thought the game was at 8:20. 9:20 is a ridiculous start time. Hope I can make it to the end. Been sick for several day.
Atrocious tip time. Monday night. 2/3 of the country lives on the east coast.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Besides winning a pool if Kansas wins tonight, it's better for the UNC/dook rivalry that UNC beats dook in FF and then craps the bed next game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom