UNC Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UNC Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Still amazed by the team’s rebounding effort. 39 boards, only 7 from the center position.

Great to see Solo finally put it all together, you could see his confidence soar out there.
Our guards are tremendous rebounders. Newton we knew. But Spencer really seems to relish mixing it up. Ball too. Castle too.

Hurley has a type.

Reaction Score
I really enjoy the attitude these guys display. We ain’t wilting to no one. Cam, he’s mean… love that… Tristen is mean…. Love that… AK says screw my taped hand still gonna have a career night….. and then Solo…

Husky nation is going to have a fun year.

Reaction Score
Agree w everything except the refs. They were flat out AWFUL. And I never complain about refs. For a 10 minutes stretch it was comical.
There was a foul disparity in the first half but UNC was also driving at guys and banging in the paint more. Didn’t really have an issue with the calls. That stretch to start the second half was BAD but once that settled down, I thought it returned to a nice flow that allowed a reasonable amount of contact. You will get no argument from me that the one stretch was very bad.

Reaction Score
From a basketball obsessed outsider friend, "I think UConn may be better than last year. Smoother offensively, more depth, better discipline."

From another non UConn friend at the game, "UConn=really good. Pass, shoot, dribble, guard= 4 basic food groups."

He said it was 70% UConn fans all night and they were super strong during the game.

Reaction Score
2 main things I posted in the chat but will reiterate here.

Our bigs rotation (and ironically foul trouble kept the guys pretty fresh) wore down Bacot as the game went on. Our offense forces opposing bigs to guard a lot of picks and keep moving for long shot clocks. There's not a lot of just sitting on the block with your hand on a guy's back. At the pace UNC plays and the minutes that Bacot played, he had no shot and lost his legs in the 2nd.

Our offense is like that Remember the Titans quote. "Just give it time, it always works." With the vision of our guys, the cutting ability, and the scheme, we just put teams in the blender. If your coach isn't Bill Self or close equivalent, we're just going to keep getting wide open 3s, layups, and/or dunks as the game progresses and focus gets harder as you get tired. It's really tough to outscore us when our shot quality is so high and our defensive backbone with Clingan/Johnson is so strong.

Reaction Score
There was a foul disparity in the first half but UNC was also driving at guys and banging in the paint more. Didn’t really have an issue with the calls. That stretch to start the second half was BAD but once that settled down, I thought it returned to a nice flow that allowed a reasonable amount of contact. You will get no argument from me that the one stretch was very bad.

Yeah until the under-12 the refs were embarassing. After that, they were fair enough.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
When we get healthy we’re going to be scary. This offense is Hurley fully realized.

Poe

Reaction Score
We run one beautiful offense.
No one stands still, all 5 players are constantly in motion. Seems like a simple concept, but it’s easier said the done. Beautifully coordinated by Danny.

By the way, Cam is the ef’n man!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom