UNC-Chapel Hill posts response to NCAA’s amended notice of allegations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UNC-Chapel Hill posts response to NCAA’s amended notice of allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And of course, ESPN basically agreed with UNC's defense. The same Connecticut based company (though staffed by Syracuse Alumni) who demanded that the NCAA throw the book at UConn. I had a good, stuff drink after reading this and it was Noon.

Reaction Score
And of course, ESPN basically agreed with UNC's defense. The same Connecticut based company (though staffed by Syracuse Alumni) who demanded that the NCAA throw the book at UConn. I had a good, stuff drink after reading this and it was Noon.
ESPN ceo is unc alum.

Reaction Score
"For us, the last four years the biggest thing has been the cloud, the NCAA investigation, the length of time that it's taken. The NCAA has a tremendously difficult job and ours is a really unusual situation and we made some mistakes, but it's been hard for us. The first 10 years here I was lucky as all get out - we recruited 24 McDonald's All-Americans in those 10 years. In the last three years we've been one for 18. And we've tried on those guys. ... I think each and every year more outside people get involved and you're not visiting with the mom, dad and high school coach. Kids are making decisions now without even visiting schools. Four years ago I thought our home visits were really important and campus visits when they came here were really important. I've had very high level college coaches tell me they haven't done home visits in the last two years. So it really has changed dramatically..."

Poor Roy (small violins playing in the background).

Can't link the article because it's on a web site that is banned here. You can find the article here if you want - Roy Williams on the changes in recruiting landscape

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One day, I am going to see a slip here stating that UNC has been banned from postseason play for 2 seasons, will face multiple scholarship reductions, Roy Williams and several others will be sanctioned, and UNC will have to turn several NCAA basketball titles. Its the same dream I have about being a billionare, not having to work, etc.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One day, I am going to see a slip here stating that UNC has been banned from postseason play for 2 seasons, will face multiple scholarship reductions, Roy Williams and several others will be sanctioned, and UNC will have to turn several NCAA basketball titles. Its the same dream I have about being a billionare, not having to work, etc.
How often do you have to change your sheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom