UCONN's Future | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UCONN's Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You missed the entire point. Maybe you should have taken a few more English classes or a couple philosophy courses and you could have learned how to properly frame an argument.

I don't know why you started talking about 2.2 GPA's or STEM degrees in the first place. I never mentioned anything beside the fact that Susan likes to pal around the STEM department and ignore other departments. That's all I said on the issue and you started creating some weird argument attacking me for things I never even said nor implied.

Its as on point as your point about previous generations ruining everything and nobody can buy a house till they are 50 - neither of which has anything to do with Susan Herbst. But maybe only you can go off topic? You opened the can of worms right there...anything that comes from it you can't shout it down as being irrelevant.

But back to the original issue:

I get why you don't like her. You want her to be an advocate for things you care about. She isn't. Makes perfect sense. Others of us have seen a handful of UCONN presidents, and find that on balance she is WAY better than most if not all of her predecessors. You have no frame of reference as you don't have that experience. Therefore we can agree to disagree on her effectiveness. Most of us are looking through the lens of what is good for the school or the state in general. You are looking at it through the lens of individual students, which is fair. But when you have over 20K students enrolled at any given time, there are a good 5% at a minimum that are probably miserable and hate the school and everything about it. She can't manage the school to handle the edge cases.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/uconn-29013/student-life

71% of students live on campus. Out of the remaining 29%, I'm sure that a small percentage of them are really ticked off at the town due to housing regulations. I'm sure that the vast majority of the people don't care, and just go about their lives.

Running a gigantic organization is REALLY difficult, and you have to juggle a myriad of priorities. There is a 100% chance that by choosing priorities, you disenfranchise certain people. You may be among the disenfranchised. Which sucks for you, but it bears no weight on whether she is doing a good job or not when evaluated holistically.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Woah..don't go that far. Economics is a liberal arts major(at UConn) yet its one of the top earning majors post graduation.. Everything else I agree with.

Agreed. I started in Econ before switching to business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom