UConn v. Tulsa — Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Tulsa — Game Thread

Reaction Score
Damn SNY can you please start the Geno Show on time? Only TV channel that starts shows whenever it feels like it.

Reaction Score
I'll say it again, Geno is coaching to lose this game by his substitution pattern. Why isn't Crystal in the Game? Why has he play Molly and Kyla Irwin for so many minutes? Its obvious they have impacted how the starters have played in this game.[/QUOTEdud you get your answers ?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Geno. And he Wanted to give everyone their $$ back. If you walked in the house after missing the game just to see the presser you'd never think they won by 18.
Geno is a hard marker!
Is this an SNY thing?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Is this an SNY thing?

You mean the press conference? There is always a press conference after every game. Can't always see it though. SNY usually puts at least part of it on, time permitting.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think two players on the team now just doesn’t do well in any rotation and feel like the two coming in next season are their replacements.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think two players on the team now just doesn’t do well in any rotation and feel like the two coming in next season are their replacements.
Which ones? Two of the starters are graduating, unless you're talking about bench players.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Justine Ward‏Verified account @JustineBWard 22m22 minutes ago
Geno Auriemma postgame: “It was the most disgraceful effort I’ve seen in the 32 years I’ve been here.” Wow.
Agreed - WOW indeed. So for all the talent this team has, it's starting to be come clear that something is not right. The team still has plenty of time to right the ship, but something just isn't clicking.

Not sure if anyone remembers but years ago when Geno had the Ann Strother, Barb Turner, etc group... they went thru one season where they lost 8 games or so. Geno realized that his normal M.O. was not working - he said something along the lines of "these kids are just the nicest, easiest going kids I've ever seen. Nothing I say seems to make a difference with them". He realized that the criticism was simply not working and he had to change his approach to teach and motivate the players.

Maybe there's something he can take from that experience with this current group. The upper class-men seem to have no issue with him, but even they did not play well collectively tonight... Most disgraceful effort in 32 years is VERY strongly worded. Not sure if he was exaggerating or not...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I saw it on Facebook live and then on the SNY Post Game show. Haven't seen a link.
OK, got to see it. Whew. "Can you take anything positive from this game?" Geno: It didn't go overtime. Ha!

Wonder how long Gabby's hip flexor thing has been going on?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Agreed - WOW indeed. So for all the talent this team has, it's starting to be come clear that something is not right. The team still has plenty of time to right the ship, but something just isn't clicking.

Not sure if anyone remembers but years ago when Geno had the Ann Strother, Barb Turner, etc group... they went thru one season where they lost 8 games or so. Geno realized that his normal M.O. was not working - he said something along the lines of "these kids are just the nicest, easiest going kids I've ever seen. Nothing I say seems to make a difference with them". He realized that the criticism was simply not working and he had to change his approach to teach and motivate the players.

Maybe there's something he can take from that experience with this current group. The upper class-men seem to have no issue with him, but even they did not play well collectively tonight... Most disgraceful effort in 32 years is VERY strongly worded. Not sure if he was exaggerating or not...
Um, the point guard and leading scorer didn’t play much and Geno was tinkering with lineups. He’s not happy but he shouldn’t have been surprised at the result.

Reaction Score
Actually, it was an opinion and Big Bird didn’t agree. No problem.

Just like I didn't agree with being told "Relax, will ya". Judging by this quote, Coach Auriemma was also not impressed.

"That was the most disgraceful effort I've seen in Connecticut in the 32 years here. We won because we have All-Americans and they don't."

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Up 15 after one. The horror!

Plays scrubs whole second quarter. Still up only 15. We're doomed, damned, and done for.

Reaction Score
Just like I didn't agree with being told "Relax, will ya". Judging by this quote, Coach Auriemma was also not impressed.

"That was the most disgraceful effort I've seen in Connecticut in the 32 years here. We won because we have All-Americans and they don't."

Geno is full of himself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom