Men - UConn v. Ohio State Buckeyes @ Snowbird Classic. (Fri. 2/17/23@7p, Sat. 2/18/23@4p, Sun. 2/19/23@4p & Mon. 2/20/23@11a). Games on FloSports/Mixlr | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Men UConn v. Ohio State Buckeyes @ Snowbird Classic. (Fri. 2/17/23@7p, Sat. 2/18/23@4p, Sun. 2/19/23@4p & Mon. 2/20/23@11a). Games on FloSports/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got home. Was able to listen to the last few innings on the phone in the car, but MIXLR on the phone kept on flipping out for some reason. Top 9th, a potential UConn rally fizzles. 8-6 UConn. Garrett Coe to pitch the bottom of the 9th.

Reaction Score
Bottom 9th, Coe gets the first batter out (a lefty), Justin Willis coming in to hopefully close it out.

Reaction Score
Saw where Dalena homered earlier in the game. I've mentioned before I saw some exhibition games and scrimmages during the fall, and I really liked what I saw of Dalena with a bat in his hands.

Reaction Score
Bottom 9th, Willis walks the first batter he faces, but gets the next 2 outs striking out the last batter to end the game. UConn wins 8-6, Willis gets his first save of the season in his first appearance.

Reaction Score
Poor planning. You’ve known about your wife’s birthday for a long time. Nothing should trump baseball especially UConn baseball

Actually, I had absolutely nothing to do with planning this event.

My wife's birthday often coincides with the opening weekend of the UConn baseball season. In the past, if I planned a birthday party for my wife or took her out to for a birthday dinner, I made sure it wasn't likely to conflict with a UConn baseball game. She certainly didn't have a problem with that.

The thing is this time, my wife is having a milestone birthday, and her sister took note of that and decided it was something special. Her sister decided to host a party for my wife out of the blue without asking for much input from either of us. This normally doesn't happen. She basically planned and scheduled the whole thing (on the actually day of my wife's birthday), basically telling us when to show up and not giving us much other information. Since I figured it was probably going to turn into a big family event, it was best to just go with the flow, as this sort of thing doesn't really happen all that much. Whatever the case, at least it was a very nice turkey dinner and get together.

My wife is a big UConn sports fan, and that certainly includes the baseball team. Actually, in her own way in recent years she has become something of an enabler for me doing my posting during games, as she generally doesn't ask me to do a lot of stuff while a game is in progress or try to schedule conflicting stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like the stats page wasn't working for the game today. Just wondering, how did Ryan Hyde do today as the starting catcher? I know that he was pinched hit for late in the game.

Reaction Score
Looks like the stats page wasn't working for the game today. Just wondering, how did Ryan Hyde do today as the starting catcher? I know that he was pinched hit for late in the game.
He was 0-2. He did throw out a runner stealing.

Reaction Score
Actually, I had absolutely nothing to do with planning this event.

My wife's birthday often coincides with the opening weekend of the UConn baseball season. In the past, if I planned a birthday party for my wife or took her out to for a birthday dinner, I made sure it wasn't likely to conflict with a UConn baseball game. She certainly didn't have a problem with that.

The thing is this time, my wife is having a milestone birthday, and her sister took note of that and decided it was something special. Her sister decided to host a party for my wife out of the blue without asking for much input from either of us. This normally doesn't happen. She basically planned and scheduled the whole thing (on the actually day of my wife's birthday), basically telling us when to show up and not giving us much other information. Since I figured it was probably going to turn into a big family event, it was best to just go with the flow, as this sort of thing doesn't really happen all that much. Whatever the case, at least it was a very nice turkey dinner and get together.

My wife is a big UConn sports fan, and that certainly includes the baseball team. Actually, in her own way in recent years she has become something of an enabler for me doing my posting during games, as she generally doesn't ask me to do a lot of stuff while a game is in progress or try to schedule conflicting stuff.
Thanks. Just busting chops since I relied on others postings today. Thank you all. I wanted to see them this weekend but I had to support critical software deployment and any fallout.

Reaction Score
I apologize if I missed this but was there a reason given by Jonesy as to why we are the road team for all four games? Seems odd considering this is considered a neutral site to have that designation for all 4 games.

Reaction Score

Studley with his hot bat at the beginning of his UConn career is moving up in the batting order. A great way to get playing time under Penders, start hitting right from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom