Men - UConn v. Ohio State Buckeyes @ Snowbird Classic. (Fri. 2/17/23@7p, Sat. 2/18/23@4p, Sun. 2/19/23@4p & Mon. 2/20/23@11a). Games on FloSports/Mixlr | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men UConn v. Ohio State Buckeyes @ Snowbird Classic. (Fri. 2/17/23@7p, Sat. 2/18/23@4p, Sun. 2/19/23@4p & Mon. 2/20/23@11a). Games on FloSports/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Pitching has been impressive tonight. We have way more pitching depth on paper than OSU so hopefully that will manifest later in the series.

Reaction Score
Broadhurst seems a bit overmatched. Lots of swing and miss tonight from him. Hopefully just early season jitters.

Reaction Score
Wow. Offense looked overwhelmed most of the night. Lots of swing and miss. First game get it behind you attack tomorrow with Sully

Reaction Score
Wonder if the new fast pace affected our hitting. May be they just need a game or two to get used to the pace.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I wonder who will DH tomorrow? Not Broadhurst

Reaction Score
Maybe Daniels. Watched him at St. Paul, was an impressive hitter. Would love to see what he can do at this level

Reaction Score
Was anyone from this board at the game yesterday? If so, what was the atmosphere like?

Reaction Score

I doubt Broadhurst is going to get benched after one bad game at the plate, considering he was hardly alone having troubles at the plate yesterday, especially since the coaches have been watching the team all fall. However, one other thing to consider is that this UConn appears to have a lot of depth, and the coaching staff definitely might want to get some of the talented bench guys such as Ryan Daniels, Niko Brini, and/or Maddix Dalena a little playing time. I suspect Ryan Hyde will catch one the games against Ohio State as well. So you just never know.

One of the things I really enjoy about following UConn college baseball is watching how playing time ends up shaking out for various players as the season progresses, and how certain players develop. The last couple of seasons have seen a couple of surprises emerge to take their place in the starting lineup considering they had received very little in the way of preseason publicity. These players were Chris Brown in 2021 and Bryan Padilla in 2022. My favorite of these instances in terms of position players was Willy Yahn in his freshman season getting a midweek start in the middle of March, his bat was hot from the start, and he never went back to the bench. You just never know sometimes. The same thing applies for me in terms of the pitching staff as well.

Reaction Score
I doubt Broadhurst is going to get benched after one bad game at the plate, considering he was hardly alone having troubles at the plate yesterday, especially since the coaches have been watching the team all fall. However, one other thing to consider is that this UConn appears to have a lot of depth, and the coaching staff definitely might want to get some of the talented bench guys such as Ryan Daniels, Niko Brini, and/or Maddix Dalena a little playing time. I suspect Ryan Hyde will catch one the games against Ohio State as well. So you just never know.

One of the things I really enjoy about following UConn college baseball is watching how playing time ends up shaking out for various players as the season progresses, and how certain players develop. The last couple of seasons have seen a couple of surprises emerge to take their place in the starting lineup considering they had received very little in the way of preseason publicity. These players were Chris Brown in 2021 and Bryan Padilla in 2022. My favorite of these instances in terms of position players was Willy Yahn in his freshman season getting a midweek start in the middle of March, his bat was hot from the start, and he never went back to the bench. You just never know sometimes. The same thing applies for me in terms of the pitching staff as well.
Subtle irony with Padilla emerging in '22 driven by Brown benching and shifting Bushling from SS to 3B.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Opening Day Baseball GIF by Wisconsin Sportscenter

Reaction Score
Top 1st, UConn offense goes down in order.

Previous game ran late, reason for the late start.

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, a one out solo homer off of Sullivan, 1-0 OSU.

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, OSU leaves a runner at 3B after Sullivan gave up a walk after the homer, 1-0 OSU.

The stat page for the game is awfully slow today.

Reaction Score
Top 2nd, Simmons with a 1 out double for UConn's first hit of the game, but he is stranded. 1-0 OSU.

Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, Sullivan gives a 1 out walk (second walk of the game), but comes up with a scoreless inning. 1-0 OSU.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Don’t get me wrong…I’m glad to be able to actually watch the game, but why are there no announcers for this entire series? That’s just weird. I‘d love to listen to Jonsey, but the audio and video are too far out of sync. Can’t have it all I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom