UConn v. Memphis — Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Memphis — Game Thread

Reaction Score
upload_2018-1-24_14-46-39.png

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
What do you find unimpressive?

At the moment I posted, the Huskies were having a few too many turnovers, missing some bunnies, etc. But overall, it was a nice win, with the centerpiece being some really good defense (albeit against a weak foe with almost no bench).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I thought Batouly had some good minutes. Her 2 rebounds were STRONG like a bully should be. Her hustle was great and she made a very nice move to the basket that just rimmed out. Unfortunately, she looks very slow which makes it hard to crack our rotation since we want to run 5 man fast breaks. Even if she turned the corner on her injury, their effects in terms of conditioning and speed must be affecting her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Perhaps unnoticed by many is that Molly is becoming a better and better passer.

Kyla bailed her on Kyla's last points. Molly flinched on a shot and dribbled herself into trouble, but yes. She's getting to be quite the ball handler. Hey, Molly, shoot the damn thing!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like when Megan rips down the rebound and takes the ball the other way. She has a nice combination of rebounding strength and ball handling.

Reaction Score
Good game for the team. Decent game for the bench. Good to see Megan keep shooting. I would really like to see her work on her defense though. See stands around a lot on defense and just doesn't seem to be locked in. I know it will come in time, but I would just like to see her a bit more aggressive and involved defensively.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sunday: 39 bench points (excluding Z)

Wednesday: 36 bench points (including Z)

Good numbers!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Megan’s growth is self-evident. But the rest of the crew are growing too. It is apparent that Geno trusts Molly to backup Danger at the point.
Coombs, Kyla, and BatCam look like they belong.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Good game for the team. Decent game for the bench. Good to see Megan keep shooting. I would really like to see her work on her defense though. See stands around a lot on defense and just doesn't seem to be locked in. I know it will come in time, but I would just like to see her a bit more aggressive and involved defensively.
She’s improved from early in the year. I’d rather that she didn’t make dumb fouls on d, and she isnt

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Even when MW was not making shots, she looked comfortable and her teammates trusted he to run the break off the outlet pass. When MW does not make shots, I think she now feels she wont get yanked and she does other stuff. I think her defense was better towards the end as well.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations UConn Huskies!! Glad to see Lou back. Crystal had a nice game in front of her family and friends. Megan didn't give up, and she ended the game with 10 points. UConn played clamped down defense, and the reserves added 36 points. UConn wins 93-56 :).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom