UConn v. Memphis — Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Memphis — Game Thread

Reaction Score
I had the opportunity to attend the game today and here are a few items I took away:

1) The Fieldhouse the game is played at is just that, pretty compact, the crowd is tight on the court, I almost knocked over Megan Walker during warm ups just walking on the baseline. It made for a good college basketball atmosphere. Especially with all the young kids being bussed in.

2) I was surprised to see Katie Lou playing today, she was out there doing her thing but you can tell she still has a slight hiccup in her mobility. I often found myself clinching every time she went for a ball on defense. I felt relieved when Geno took her out. I hope she continues to heal and grow stronger.

3) Memphis isn’t a good team. I know most of you are like “we already knew that” but I think injuries have really depleted this team. They couldn’t beat UCONN fully healthy but our bench could have blown this team out. If Z played more minutes she could probably have scored close to 40.

4) Megan’s talent shines even when she is missing shots. She still has a lot to learn, I noticed teammates having to point out defense assignments to her a couple of times in the game. Looking forward to seeing her growth and get more confident as time goes on.

5) Overall a good game. There was some sloppy play at the beginning but they cleaned it up throughout the game. This was one of the games I feel can hurt and help the team at the same time.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Hasn't been 100% since high school.
I think in this instance he was talking about her foot. Few athletes if any are ever 100% at any time.

Reaction Score
I had the opportunity to attend the game today and here are a few items I took away:

1) The Fieldhouse the game is played at is just that, pretty compact, the crowd is tight on the court, I almost knocked over Megan Walker during warm ups just walking on the baseline. It made for a good college basketball atmosphere. Especially with all the young kids being bussed in.

2) I was surprised to see Katie Lou playing today, she was out there doing her thing but you can tell she still has a slight hiccup in her mobility. I often found myself clinching every time she went for a ball on defense. I felt relieved when Geno took her out. I hope she continues to heal and grow stronger.

3) Memphis isn’t a good team. I know most of you are like “we already knew that” but I think injuries have really depleted this team. They couldn’t beat UCONN fully healthy but our bench could have blown this team out. If Z played more minutes she could probably have scored close to 40.

4) Megan’s talent shines even when she is missing shots. She still has a lot to learn, I noticed teammates having to point out defense assignments to her a couple of times in the game. Looking forward to seeing her growth and get more confident as time goes on.

5) Overall a good game. There was some sloppy play at the beginning but they cleaned it up throughout the game. This was one of the games I feel can hurt and help the team at the same time.
Two seasons ago they played the game at the FedEx Center, one block off Beale St. Not many fans, but a lot more fun post game.

Reaction Score
I think in this instance he was talking about her foot. Few athletes if any are ever 100% at any time.
Apparently the left foot and/or ankle have been a problem since before she came to UConn. Is it the foot or the ankle? Is this the same or similar injury or something relatively new? Who knows because Geno refers to that area of her injured body interchangeably.

Reaction Score
This game has been a mixed bag from the beginning. Some really good stuff and some not so hot stuff...
Tough crowd. On a night when many open UConn shots not going in, they are ahead by 50+ and holding Memphis to one of the lowest scores of year.

Reaction Score
Geno - tactfully said Memphis couldn’t compete. Bench is getting there, Meg more confident. “ I like where these guys have been the last two games...I just want them to play well, it’s not about shooting well but playing well”
I'll be less tactful. Memphis, in part due to extreme number of injuries and only 6 players suited up, would have a difficult time beating a top HS team. Felt bad for Memphis since skill level lacking in all areas.

Reaction Score
With the exception of the first few minutes, she did the last game.

Reaction Score
During the postgame presser Geno said Lou will "Never be 100%". Again, this just confirms my suspicions.
Yes, but Geno can get her near 100% by giving her rest.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Tough crowd. On a night when many open UConn shots not going in, they are ahead by 50+ ...

But it’s lots better when the shots DO go in. Not tough, I’m an old softie... ;-)

Reaction Score
Tough crowd. On a night when many open UConn shots not going in, they are ahead by 50+ and holding Memphis to one of the lowest scores of year.
OK, Memphis vs. "Future UConn Players" H.S. team, at their ages right now:

Top 9:
ONO
CW
Brunelle
Amihere
Magbegor
Bueckers
Fudd
Van Lith
Newman

Who wins?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Top 9:
ONO
CW
Brunelle
Amihere
Magbegor
Bueckers
Fudd
Van Lith
Newman

Who wins?
Memphis

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Top 9:
ONO
CW
Brunelle
Amihere
Magbegor
Bueckers
Fudd
Van Lith
Newman

Who wins?
I'm going with Macbegor and Fudd. Azzi is way better than anyone on Memphis today. So is Ezi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom