UConn v. #17 UNH Wildcats (Fri. 1/19/24 @7p @ Toscano Family Ice Forum & Sun. 1/21/24 @4p @Whittemore Center) Both games on NESN. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #17 UNH Wildcats (Fri. 1/19/24 @7p @ Toscano Family Ice Forum & Sun. 1/21/24 @4p @Whittemore Center) Both games on NESN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What dimension are you living in?
The 4th. However, every game I watch, the broadcasters and guests rave about the facility. On television the rink looks beautiful. The kids on the team and the coaching staff seem to love it. They say it is a first rate facility. I would tend to believe the players and staff. I get the impression that it is just the “boneyarders” nature to complain about everything. I suspect that is the case.

Reaction Score
Stalletti needs a massive raise for what he did in 2 months with Sergeev

Not once today did Sergeev get out of position and go for one of his patented tours of the rink.

He looks completely different
And he’s been watching Haider and learning how to absorb the puck without giving up crucial rebounds. I agree, Sergeev 2.0 has been really impressive!

Reaction Score
The 4th. However, every game I watch, the broadcasters and guests rave about the facility. On television the rink looks beautiful. The kids on the team and the coaching staff seem to love it. They say it is a first rate facility. I would tend to believe the players and staff. I get the impression that it is just the “boneyarders” nature to complain about everything. I suspect that is the case.
You’re completely off base and wrong here about Bonyard comments Regarding this topic. The rave reviews you’re hearing are company line marketing propaganda. Seriously have you actually seen a game at Suctano? The fan experience is subpar and unfortunately the arena/barn piece doesn’t have an atmosphere due to design flaws and too many empty seats.

The rink doesn’t look good on TV either, The swaths of empty seats given the small size of a “sold out” arena don’t help, but the tall shower stall white paneling behind the benches are ridiculous, and even the painted lines are faded like they mixed in Vanilla Dairy Bar ice cream in with the water. When someone on the near side leaves the rink the block the camera because they are positioned too low.

Rather than reiterate comments from people who are required to be careful with their words, go to a game in person and then give us your impressions. We’d be curious to hear them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great win, but let’s get real. UMass, PC and UNH have 3,4 and 5 games in hand, respectively.
Yes, Games Played matters. Some HE teams have 2 weekends of HE hockey to be played while Uconn sits idle. The argument is just win and it won’t matter when u did…that’s all true but when it’s a loss, it matters. Knowing u need points in late Jan/Feb opposed to a weekend series say in Nov. will certainly factor into the motivation, fan base, etc etc. UConn is at a serious disadvantage, why has the scheduling been so lopsided…has it been discussed w/in? It’s a big deal

Reaction Score
You’re completely off base and wrong here about Bonyard comments Regarding this topic. The rave reviews you’re hearing are company line marketing propaganda. Seriously have you actually seen a game at Suctano? The fan experience is subpar and unfortunately the arena/barn piece doesn’t have an atmosphere due to design flaws and too many empty seats.

The rink doesn’t look good on TV either, The swaths of empty seats given the small size of a “sold out” arena don’t help, but the tall shower stall white paneling behind the benches are ridiculous, and even the painted lines are faded like they mixed in Vanilla Dairy Bar ice creami have been to a Han in with the water. When someone on the near side leaves the rink the block the camera because they are positioned too low.

Rather than reiterate comments from people who are required to be careful with their words, go to a game in person and then give us your impressions. We’d be curious to hear them.
I have been to 5 or six games at Toscano. I think it is a great place to watch a game. I find much of the criticism to be ill founded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom