UConn v. #12 UMass Minuteman (Friday 2/9/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/10/24 @Mullins Center @7p). Both games are on ESPN+/NESN (Sat.) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #12 UMass Minuteman (Friday 2/9/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/10/24 @Mullins Center @7p). Both games are on ESPN+/NESN (Sat.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Just try not to think about what’s waiting for them after the bye
Jim Carrey Omg GIF

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Capone is a target every game. These guys can't wait to throw him in the box.
He’s kinda earned the reputation, but believe it or not he only has 13 penalties. Chase leads the team with 16. We also have almost 100 more penalty minutes than our opponents.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Maybe that’s why we never get any better…he already thinks we’re good. Delusional. 2 penalties in the last 8 minutes when we were trying to come back from two goals down. Solid hockey there.

I don’t think a single penalty in the third was in their own end. OZ penalties. After the whistle penalties. Really senseless stuff.

I did this rant last night and some of you heard it, but I’ll re-iterate: I think they’re all good kids, but right now, they’re a dirty hockey team. It’s dirty how they play. And it’s gonna get someone hurt and embarrasses the school. I have people who cover other teams in the league DMing me asking me about it. Everyone in the league sees it.

In addition to being out of line- it isn’t working! These big hits haven’t exactly sparked a big run here, have they? Have they helped? At all? Have you noticed the team “responding to the energy”? I haven’t. They just look like the sort of thing a team does when they have no answers and are ticked off.

Macklin Celebrini is in danger in two weeks.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
He’s kinda earned the reputation, but believe it or not he only has 13 penalties. Chase leads the team with 16. We also have almost 100 more penalty minutes than our opponents.
A caveat to the PIM above. Capone took 2 penalties last night to close the gap to one.

Reaction Score
I don’t think a single penalty in the third was in their own end. OZ penalties. After the whistle penalties. Really senseless stuff.

I did this rant last night and some of you heard it, but I’ll re-iterate: I think they’re all good kids, but right now, they’re a dirty hockey team. It’s dirty how they play. And it’s gonna get someone hurt and embarrasses the school. I have people who cover other teams in the league DMing me asking me about it. Everyone in the league sees it.

In addition to being out of line- it isn’t working! These big hits haven’t exactly sparked a big run here, have they? Have they helped? At all? Have you noticed the team “responding to the energy”? I haven’t. They just look like the sort of thing a team does when they have no answers and are ticked off.

It didn’t get called but Samu turning his back while skating into the goalie could have been viewed as a cheap head shot to Hrbal at the end of the game when UConn pulled Haider

Reaction Score

What's embarrassing is the coach after every game saying "I thought we played well" when they played like dogcrap. They should go straight to the top of the ADs inbox.

Reaction Score
UConn has not scored a power play goal at Toscano all season

Their only PP goal at home was against Sacred Heart

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The general feelings being expressed on this board…for good reason.

Frustrated Come On GIF by Saturday Night Live
Frustrated Oh No GIF by DefyTV

Reaction Score

And that's coaching.... We need a change at the top - pure and simple.

Reaction Score
I did a quick search of the team's league winning records (true winning in regulation or OT, no shootout wins) since UConn joined Hockey East in the 2014-2015 season. Notre Dame's record is excluded. I've included this season-to-date, so we have ten years of data. Here are the number of years each team has had an HE winning record:

BU 10
PC 9
BC 7
NE 7
UML 7
UMass 6
Maine 4
UConn 3
UVM 2
Merrimack 1
UNH 0

That puts us eighth. Ugh!

Reaction Score
Maybe a coaching change would be nice but people need to get over that right now as that is not happening with Cav's current contract.
I understand that reality. But, damn it he should be compelled to get a serious, talented number 2. (Or make him give a longer leash to a current qualified assistant.)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UConn has not scored a power play goal at Toscano all season

Their only PP goal at home was against Sacred Heart
Toscano’s a dump this is what the people begged for.

Reaction Score
I did a quick search of the team's league winning records (true winning in regulation or OT, no shootout wins) since UConn joined Hockey East in the 2014-2015 season. Notre Dame's record is excluded. I've included this season-to-date, so we have ten years of data. Here are the number of years each team has had an HE winning record:

BU 10
PC 9
BC 7
NE 7
UML 7
UMass 6
Maine 4
UConn 3
UVM 2
Merrimack 1
UNH 0

That puts us eighth. Ugh!
Why is that surprising? The 7 teams above us all have better hockey history and tradition than we do. I’m as disappointed as anyone, but not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom