UConn v. #12 UMass Minuteman (Friday 2/9/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/10/24 @Mullins Center @7p). Both games are on ESPN+/NESN (Sat.) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #12 UMass Minuteman (Friday 2/9/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/10/24 @Mullins Center @7p). Both games are on ESPN+/NESN (Sat.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What an absolute joke, getting shut out on your home sheet game after game after game

Reaction Score
In UConn’s last 16 periods at Toscano against a Hockey East team:

1 5v5 goal

1 empty net goal

For this to be the case in year 11 of this coach’s tenure is a disgrace

Reaction Score
In UConn’s last 16 periods at Toscano against a Hockey East team:

1 5v5 goal

1 empty net goal

For this to be the case in year 11 of this coach’s tenure is a disgrace

Yes it is year 11. Long past any reasonable amount of time for any coach to build a successful program.
UConn deserves better DB!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
There is just nothing left to say.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
That was a really well played and entertaining college hockey game. UMass did a nice job of getting into the passing lanes. Looking forward to tomorrow night, should be another good Hockey East game.
We scored zero goals again. There is nothing entertaining about that.

Reaction Score
Thank God for Nick Capone. The one source of joy the last three games at the cursed ice rink that shall not be named, he delivered one of the best hockey hits I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Superman is Cavanaugh.

The XL is the fortress of solitude when Superman was doing Superman stuff and keeping it simple.

Toscano is the fortress of solitude after Superman decided to remove those strange crystals and become human so he could bang Lois Lane.

Of course right after that decision Clark Kent goes into a diner and a loud mouth kicks his ass. All because he had the hots for Lois.

Reaction Score
I was at Ingalls Rink last night so missed the UConn game, but another donut at home is hard to believe. This team is clearly talented enough to win games since we’re 7-5 on the road. However, 5-9 at home is completely unacceptable. We need to establish a home-ice advantage to have any chance of real success. Our home numbers are dismal.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
You know, I went to this game thinking “there is no way we can get shutout again.” Boy was I wrong. This rink has to be built on an ancient burial ground, because opposing goalies seem to get some supernatural help keeping pucks out of the net. Someone suggested an exorcism and I really don’t think they are far off in those thoughts. 3 more games there this season. I think I’ll be giving my tickets away for all of them. I didn’t think it was possible to be shut out 5 times in one season. (4 at the house of horrors) You just can’t make this stuff up.

ancient aliens GIF

Reaction Score
You know, I went to this game thinking “there is no way we can get shutout again.” Boy was I wrong. This rink has to be built on an ancient burial ground, because opposing goalies seem to get some supernatural help keeping pucks out of the net. Someone suggested an exorcism and I really don’t think they are far off in those thoughts. 3 more games there this season. I think I’ll be giving my tickets away for all of them. I didn’t think it was possible to be shut out 5 times in one season. (4 at the house of horrors) You just can’t make this stuff up.

ancient aliens GIF
Sadly, it's even worse. We also lost a non-conference game to Holy Cross 0-2. So we've been shutout six times (one at XL) by a combined score of 0-18......................0-17 at Toscano.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Sadly, it's even worse. We also lost a non-conference game to Holy Cross 0-2. So we've been shutout six times (one at XL) by a combined score of 0-18......................0-17 at Toscano.
Yep…I missed one. Lordy. We only got shut out twice last year and one was a 0-0 tie with Ohio State.

Reaction Score
Thank God for Nick Capone. The one source of joy the last three games at the cursed ice rink that shall not be named, he delivered one of the best hockey hits I've ever seen.
Hits are nice but we need goals that lead to wins!

Reaction Score
This has to be an AI account or we are being mocked. I'm not sure which.
Nope, not AI and certainly not mocking. I thought it was a really good hockey game. I wish UConn had won, but it was still a really good college hockey game. The kids on both teams worked really hard. Hockey East is just a really good league, especially this year. The league is stacked with talent and it’s fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I was at Ingalls Rink last night so missed the UConn game, but another donut at home is hard to believe. This team is clearly talented enough to win games since we’re 7-5 on the road. However, 5-9 at home is completely unacceptable. We need to establish a home-ice advantage to have any chance of real success. Our home numbers are dismal.
It’s actually worse. Maine, Dartmouth and Sacred Heart were at the XL. So we have 2 wins at Toscano. 2-7 on our home ice. With 5 shutouts. I can’t explain it. But I know these things have a way of becoming real for players even if they try to say they aren’t.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Nope, not AI and certainly not mocking. I thought it was a really good hockey game. I wish UConn had won, but it was still a really good college hockey game. The kids on both teams worked really hard. Hockey East is just a really good league, especially this year. The league is stacked with talent and it’s fun to watch.
I appreciate your sentiment, but the cold hard fact is, we were shut out for the sixth time this year. 5 times in the new building. Playing a good hockey game was enough 5-6 years ago. (I’m actually not sure you can get shutout and call it a good game) It just doesn’t cut the mustard In 2024. 11 years in and we have been to Boston once. We deserve better. So do the kids. That said, if we follow recent form, we’ll probably win tonight.

Reaction Score
Ill say this..if I were a coach I would invite you into the locker room after every shutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom