UConn Transfer Portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought one of the beat writers ask Mora in this week press conference how one of our players was feeling. I didn’t catch the name but I assumed he was asking about Houston since he had the flu during the Duke game. Mora answered that he didn’t know. I thought it was a strange answer. Maybe Mora knew then that Houston was leaving!

Reaction Score
I thought one of the beat writers ask Mora in this week press conference how one of our players was feeling. I didn’t catch the name but I assumed he was asking about Houston since he had the flu during the Duke game. Mora answered that he didn’t know. I thought it was a strange answer. Maybe Mora knew then that Houston was leaving!

Reaction Score
Mora has said he's not a fan of the running back as a work horse plan but rather running back by committee. Someone of Houston's size isn't making the NFL. Might as well get what you can while you're in college because once he hangs up his football cleats, he's done monetizing his playing abilities.

More Edwards and Mitchell going forward.
lol. There are plenty of guys “Houston’s size” in the league. Plenty. The thing is staying on a sinking ship surely won’t help make it to the island. He’ll be fine and do well…he’s a tough kid. UConn just can’t catch a break.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt that there are schools itching to throw money at a couple of average, injury prone rbs.
So many people have talked about lack of effort here. Something is going on in the locker room.
Yeah….losing.

Reaction Score
SMH everyone's jumping ship. Who do we have left for RB besides Rosa?

Reaction Score
Could be nothing, but Houston liked this tweet from yesterday:

Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 11.37.02 AM.png

Reaction Score
I know the college game is losing its luster for me with the transfer portal, players chasing NIL, and the continuing chaos of conference realignment.

Per ESPN, 3,083 FBS players entered the transfer portal during the 2021-2022 cycle and 3,284 players entered during the 2022-2023 cycle.

I don't know if Brewton and now Houston entering the portal are indicative of a problem in the locker room or if it's just the nature of college football in 2023. I hope it's the latter.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but it doesn’t feel like any of these mid season transfers are NIL related. There has to be more to the story…
I feel the same way...is it a condemnation of the OC, the RB coach, or are things that bad behind the scenes (player morale?) Going to be interesting going forward. Ugh. As if Mora didn't have enough on his plate yesterday...

Reaction Score
I know the college game is losing its luster for me with the transfer portal, players chasing NIL, and the continuing chaos of conference realignment.

Per ESPN, 3,083 FBS players entered the transfer portal during the 2021-2022 cycle and 3,284 players entered during the 2022-2023 cycle.

I don't know if Brewton and now Houston entering the portal are indicative of a problem in the locker room or if it's just the nature of college football in 2023. I hope it's the latter.
Brewton was understandable as he was not getting many touches as he had 2 carries and no catches in 2 games and only played on 4 snaps on offense. Last year, he had 21 carries and 5 catches in 4 games. Houston is the surprise as he was #1 on the depth chart and was getting plenty of touches although his touches per game were about the same as last year.

Reaction Score
This is just a disappointment on top of an already disappointing season. I understand he probably wants to go to a place that'll win and get NIL money, but it still sucks to read. I hope he lands somewhere good unlike Carter at MSU.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Ok, Cam Edwards, now is your chance to shine. Would love to see him getting more touches and catching fire. We sure could use that "next man up" mentality right now. (Maybe at OC and QB as well, but we can start with RB.)

Reaction Score

Not hard to figure out, how many 175lb speed backs want to waste their time trying to run threw rugby scrum sets, when they can transfer to a program that spreads the field out on offense and gives them a chance to play in space. Well at least Charlton/ Mora still have Jelani Stafford to run in these sets since their to damn clueless to understand this, SMH!

Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone already posted this on here already, but I saw on twitter that Eriq Gilyard, LB transfer from Kansas, left the team last week. What the heck is going on?

Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone already posted this on here already, but I saw on twitter that Eriq Gilyard, LB transfer from Kansas, left the team last week. What the heck is going on?

Reaction Score
How many other teams are losing their starting skilled positions mid-season? If you can find examples, what percentage of the whole is that for teams? Of course, something is up.... anyone notice the side of the ball we are losing our starters? It's not as deep as everyone looking for outside reasons are making it

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
lol. There are plenty of guys “Houston’s size” in the league. Plenty. The thing is staying on a sinking ship surely won’t help make it to the island. He’ll be fine and do well…he’s a tough kid. UConn just can’t catch a break.

He's listed at 5'094" and 171 lbs. There's not "Plenty" of RB's in the league his size.

Reaction Score
I am curious about what happens with these players once they declare they are transferring. Do they lose access to the trainers, facilities, tutors, etc? Are they just regular students for the semester? Eat in the standard dining halls vs. the team dining? I can't imagine the team would want them hanging around the facilities, etc.

Reaction Score
How many defensive starters from last season hit the portal? Seems like all we hear about are skilled position offensive players entering the portal.

Bingo... shocked you are one of the few seeing this ... Denial among the faithful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom