UConn Top 10 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Top 10

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I guess I don't know how to quote .I was trying to quote whoever said "DT wasn't Big East ROY but Stewie was." I am pretty sure Jewell won?
Okay back to the topic. It's hard to give ten. I can only agree on number 1. And that's Maya Moore. I get when people say that they are basing it off of only their times as Huskies. Diana was so incredible, it's hard not to say she's the goat. I think she'll be seen as the " best" until Maya takes it from her later. Maya is the complete package. The biggest difference to me is that Maya is so respectable on the court. There have never been accusations of her being a dirty player. She plays everyone play of the game as graceful as can be. There's nothing graceful about elbowing players who can't even see the elbow coming, so they can't defend themselves.

Maya was just so dominant in college and was always the best player on the court. Taurasi wasn’t a dominating player besides the great run in 2003. She was very good in 2002 and 2004, but deferred to teammates and wasn’t visibly the best player game in game out.

Maya was the one who catapulted UCONN into the dominant era. She was the best player all four seasons and went 150-4 in her career. She was a 3x POY, and would’ve been a 4x winner if she didn’t play with a more experienced Candace Parker for one of them. She got UCONN out of a Final Four “drought”, and since Moore came on, UCONN has been ridiculously dominant (4 undefeated seasons, 2 one loss seasons and 2 two loss seasons).

There were a lot more heroics and excitement with DT because there were close games as her teams were not as good. There was regularly a viable chance of losing, where during the Moore era, this was incredibly rare. Moore’s impact led UCONN to monopolize the sport like no one has done prior. Combine that with her insane numbers, all around skills, eye test, and the fact that she was the centerpiece on every team, and that’s why I’d pick her at 1. If you put her in Stewart’s spot, she wins 4 titles too, and you can make an argument that she wins 4 titles if she was in DT’s spot too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Easy Peasey

Abrosimova - 3x AA, 1 NC
Bird - 1x AA, , NPOY, 3x NLC, 2x NC
Charles - 2x AA, NPOY, 2x NC, (held SC record) (holds RB record)
Jefferson - 2x AA, 2x NLC, 4x NC (holds AS record)
Lobo - 2x AA, NPOY, 1 NC
Moore - 4x AA, 3x NPOY, 2x NC (holds SC record)
Rizzotti - 2x AA, NPOY, 1x NC
Sales - 2AA, 1 NC (held SC record) (holds ST record)
Stewart - 3x AA, 3x NPOY, 4x NC (holds BL record)
Taurasi - 3x AA, 2X NPOY, 3x NC

Also in running, but just outside Top 10.

Wolters - 2x AA, NPOY, 1x NC
KML - 2x AA, 2x NC (holds 3PT record)
Hartley - 2x AA, 2x NC
Dolson - 2x AA, 2x NC
Montgomery - 2x AA, 1x NLC, 1x NC
Bascom - 1x AA, (held SC record)

Reaction Score
Some may say D had the best career at uconn but when I'm referring to the greatest women's basketball player of all time it's hands down Maya Moore and no one is close. She is the MJ and LeBron James of women's basketball! Maya was the scoring champ at uconn and will be in the wnba before she's done playing.

Reaction Score
Rarely seen such an awful thread for those who do not have SNY on an interesting topic.
The list is not posted although 8 of them were mentioned by the viewers and one (#6) after a hiccup.
Who is #10? Was there a #10?
Who are behind this list? Just some panelists?
Did they discuss the selection process other than their familiarity wth UConn WCBB?
50+ and still everything unclear.
I am well aware that nobody is under any obligation to clear it up.

Reaction Score
Notwithstanding stats - individual or team and AA's. D, Maya, Stewie, Sue, KML. Next 5 - Tina, Mo, Nykesha, Svet, Kerry Bascom

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
He's kidding.:D

Of course I was kidding. I guess indicating my tongue-in-cheekiness by listing Saniya first when the rest were chronological, and listing 11 rather than 10, was a little too subtle.

But I was serious about Kelly Faris. I've gotten to see a lot more games the last 5-10 years, which probably gives me a more-recent bias.

Reaction Score
So Bascom was #9 and Sales #8. Wouldn't have thought to put them on there, but then they played before I was alive so I have a bias towards more recent players.
Kerry Bascom was spectacular. She is the reason I kept watching.

Reaction Score
Maya was just so dominant in college and was always the best player on the court. Taurasi wasn’t a dominating player besides the great run in 2003. She was very good in 2002 and 2004, but deferred to teammates and wasn’t visibly the best player game in game out.

Maya was the one who catapulted UCONN into the dominant era. She was the best player all four seasons and went 150-4 in her career. She was a 3x POY, and would’ve been a 4x winner if she didn’t play with a more experienced Candace Parker for one of them. She got UCONN out of a Final Four “drought”, and since Moore came on, UCONN has been ridiculously dominant (4 undefeated seasons, 2 one loss seasons and 2 two loss seasons).

There were a lot more heroics and excitement with DT because there were close games as her teams were not as good. There was regularly a viable chance of losing, where during the Moore era, this was incredibly rare. Moore’s impact led UCONN to monopolize the sport like no one has done prior. Combine that with her insane numbers, all around skills, eye test, and the fact that she was the centerpiece on every team, and that’s why I’d pick her at 1. If you put her in Stewart’s spot, she wins 4 titles too, and you can make an argument that she wins 4 titles if she was in DT’s spot too.
Put Maya in for Diana in 2003-04 and Kara Lawson wins a NC in 03. Diana made her teams better! She was No.1 in assist until Moriah passed her against Oregon State in FF 2016. Diana could dominate without scoring in the game. Sue Bird said in 2002 that Dee could average double the points that year! That teams starting 5averaged between 11-14.5 points a game and Sue and Dee both averaged about 5.4 assist a game that year! It was a great team!Maya as great as she was at Uconn had trouble taking people off the dribble. In the FF that year Pat Summitt asked CD if she could address the team and she preceded to tell the Huskies they are a great team after beating Tenn by around 30! You are right Dee played well in 03 with 32 against Texas in semi finals and 28 against the Lady Vols in the final! The left handed jumper she made while fading out of bounds from the right side was epic! In 2004 she was injured all year but her teammates were better because of her. Also she was 7-1 against Tenn and her scoring average was over 23 a game! The loss was in her freshmen year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom