UConn Top 10 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Top 10

Reaction Score
Go watch the Lady Vols! Uconn Huskies are Basketball Players!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are not many lists on which Maya Moore is only #3.

1. 3,036 points, by far the most at UConn

2. Consensus 4-time All-American

3. 150 wins against 4 losses

4. Never missed a game

5. 2 perfect seasons

6. 4 Final Fours

7. 2 National championships

8. 4 Big East regular season championships

9. 4 Big East conference tournament championships

10. 3 Wade trophies

11. Never lost in the State of Connecticut.

Diana: Has less than Maya in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, and 11. Exceeds Maya in 7.

Stewie: Has less than Maya in 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, and 11. Exceeds Maya in 3 and 7.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Looks like they accounted for pro success too. I’ve posted this before, but there is no way Bird should be ranked ahead of Jefferson on any list when you look at their collegiate resumes.

Jefferson won 4 titles, 3 as the starting point guard (along with a 116-1 record in those years), and her numbers are far stronger than Bird’s. She was a much better defender than Bird and a more consistent player throughout her career. She also should have been MOP as a junior and likely wins POY as a senior if Stewart wasn’t Stewart.

Sue only played 9 games as a freshman, had a great sophomore campaign before another good junior year that ended in a disappointing finish. Everyone remembers DT struggling against Notre Dame, but Sue performed quite poorly that game too. 2002 was an incredible year (similar to Jefferson’s 2016), but when you look at overall body of work, Jefferson is the clear winner.

Obviously Sue has had incredible success in the pros while Jefferson is still carving her spot, but objectively, Jefferson should be ahead of Sue.

My list would’ve been:
Moore
Stewart
Taurasi
Charles
Jefferson
Lobo
Bird
Bascom
Rizzotti
KML

High HM:
Sales
Ralph
Abrosimova
Wolters
KLS

Reaction Score
I guess I don't know how to quote .I was trying to quote whoever said "DT wasn't Big East ROY but Stewie was." I am pretty sure Jewell won?
Okay back to the topic. It's hard to give ten. I can only agree on number 1. And that's Maya Moore. I get when people say that they are basing it off of only their times as Huskies. Diana was so incredible, it's hard not to say she's the goat. I think she'll be seen as the " best" until Maya takes it from her later. Maya is the complete package. The biggest difference to me is that Maya is so respectable on the court. There have never been accusations of her being a dirty player. She plays everyone play of the game as graceful as can be. There's nothing graceful about elbowing players who can't even see the elbow coming, so they can't defend themselves.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Looks like they accounted for pro success too. I’ve posted this before, but there is no way Bird should be ranked ahead of Jefferson on any list when you look at their collegiate resumes.

Jefferson won 4 titles, 3 as the starting point guard (along with a 116-1 record in those years), and her numbers are far stronger than Bird’s. She was a much better defender than Bird and a more consistent player throughout her career. She also should have been MOP as a junior and likely wins POY as a senior if Stewart wasn’t Stewart.

Sue only played 9 games as a freshman, had a great sophomore campaign before another good junior year that ended in a disappointing finish. Everyone remembers DT struggling against Notre Dame, but Sue performed quite poorly that game too. 2002 was an incredible year (similar to Jefferson’s 2016), but when you look at overall body of work, Jefferson is the clear winner.

Obviously Sue has had incredible success in the pros while Jefferson is still carving her spot, but objectively, Jefferson should be ahead of Sue.

My list would’ve been:
Moore
Stewart
Taurasi
Charles
Jefferson
Lobo
Bird
Bascom
Rizzotti
KML

High HM:
Sales
Ralph
Abrosimova
Wolters
KLS
If you count the pros, Maya has 4 WNBA titles to 3 for Diana and 0 for Stewie. Her 1 MVP matches Diana’s.

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score

My list would’ve been:
Moore
Stewart
Taurasi
Charles
Jefferson
Lobo
Bird
Bascom
Rizzotti
KML

High HM:
Sales
Ralph
Abrosimova
Wolters
KLS

Agree completely on Sue vs. Mo. However, I can also understand how Sue's stellar post-UCONN career would inevitably influenced the voting.

Reaction Score

My list would’ve been:
Moore
Stewart
Taurasi
Charles
Jefferson
Lobo
Bird
Bascom
Rizzotti
KML

High HM:
Sales
Ralph
Abrosimova
Wolters
KLS
Good list, I might juggle a few but this points out how difficult to limit it to only 10.

Reaction Score
Sorry but the 8 players who were Player of the Year should be on the team. Nobody even mentioned Morgan Tuck!

Reaction Score
Sorry but the 8 players who were Player of the Year should be on the team. Nobody even mentioned Morgan Tuck!
I like Morgan, but she's not one of the 10 best Huskies ever.

Reaction Score
Best players, no sentimental picks... First try:

D
Maya
Stewie
Sue
Rebecca
Stef
Renee
Moriah
Swin
Tina
I would reverse D and Stewie. Stewie was great for four years and brought us an NC even in her freshman year. Also, I'd get Kaleena in there somewhere, maybe instead of Renee or MoJeff.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The problem is who do you kick out of the top 10? I wonder who got to vote in this.

People that follow UConn do so with various degrees of loyalty, devotion and historical recollection. Taurasi sits on the throne of the greatest players ever in UConn lore. Before the show aired, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Diana was number one.

I'd like to see a similar list based on the votes of boneyard posters. It would be interesting to see the differences in the results. No doubt the ranking and players selected would be different. I know there are posters who feel players were left off that should have been included. Are the top 4 players selected in this poll a fair and accurate depiction of UConn's Mount Rushmore?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Can someone post the actual top 10 list from the program for those of us who didn't catch it?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I can understand Kerry Bascom being on the list as a "founder" and forever enshrined in the history of UConn WCBB, but is she in the top 10? I wasn't following UConn at the time. Not trying to throw shade, but ask the question.

It is funny the way YouTube throws suggestions at you when you visit. Today it offered me this:

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Stewie got robbed. DT didn't even make Big East freshman of the year and cost Uconn a big loss in the final four to Notre Dame.
Wasn't Jewel Loyd Big East Freshman over Stewie? And didn't Dee's 2003 and 2004 performances make up a little in your estimation for the admittedly bad ND game in 2001?

Reaction Score
Stewie got robbed. DT didn't even make Big East freshman of the year and cost Uconn a big loss in the final four to Notre Dame.
DT didn't lose that game. She was a freshman. Shouldn't have been relied upon, should have been told to hold back some(0-13? or close to it). GA's game plan lost game. Press didn't work, but kept using it, despite lack of depth. Players got tired.

Reaction Score
That is a unique list. Wow. You'd take Saniya over Montgomery and Rita Williams? Moore and Faris? They were excellent players but top 10?
You don't think Maya Moore was top 10? I have to politely disagree with that. :)

Reaction Score
I can understand Kerry Bascom being on the list as a "founder" and forever enshrined in the history of UConn WCBB, but is she in the top 10? I wasn't following UConn at the time. Not trying to throw shade, but ask the question.

It is funny the way YouTube throws suggestions at you when you visit. Today it offered me this:

Without a doubt, top 10. She and her teams's success where the reason I started following. In one of Geno's shows, he was asked of all his players, who he would want to take the last shot. He said Bascom (surprised me because we all figure that it would be Diana). In my opinion, she is a definite top 10.

Reaction Score
The only one I question is Stewie over Maya. Sorry, but no way do I agree with that. Maya over Stewie any day.

Reaction Score
There are great arguments for Diana, Stewie, and Maya to be number one. The Maya arguments have already been made. She may be the best basketball player ever to play at UCONN before it's finished, but I interpret this as UCONN career only. Diana had the three NCs, 02 with huge amounts of help, but 03 and 04 where she put the team on her back and led them to two championships. And Stewie has four championships with four final four most outstanding player awards. Logic says Stewie, but I'm still picking Diana.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Without a doubt, top 10. She and her teams's success where the reason I started following. In one of Geno's shows, he was asked of all his players, who he would want to take the last shot. He said Bascom (surprised me because we all figure that it would be Diana). In my opinion, she is a definite top 10.

Thank you very much.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Diana won 2 NCs with her being the only AA! Stewie had 2 teammates every year she played were AAs!

I think what's even more impressive, as a TEAM, we have placed at least one player on the AA list for the last 10 years running! And most years more than 1! We've had as many as three on the team as of late: 3 in 09, 3 in 14, 3 in 15, 3 in 16 and 3 in 17! That's 3 a year the last 4 years! Can we make it 5?!

Point is it really doesn't matter, we have been blessed with an abundance of AA. Yes Diana put everything on her back and that's why I believe she is a true #1 and the GOAT.

No one will ever match the SWAGGER of Diana, ever, and that's why she's the GOAT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom