UCONN TO THE ACC (extremely misleading) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN TO THE ACC (extremely misleading)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Honestly...none of us were there and can discount what he was told. Also, the guy supposedly said that the schools that blocked us previously won't be able too this time around. How would the guy know that were blocked by certain schools unless he had knowledge of it? I seriously doubt a guy in NC that works at a car wash is really interested in the long-term look back of how this all went down. It seems like he saw a guy wearing UConn stuff and let him know what he knew. If it's true, great, if not, then it's not. No reason to jump down the guys throat though. I'd rather read this than the opening poster keep it quiet.

I think people jumped down his throat because the thread title said "UCONN TO THE ACC". That is a horrendous thread title and anybody who posts something like that deserves everything he gets.

Nothing wrong with the post; everybody can and did take it with a few truckloads of salt.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Wait, so this time the car wash guy said "no really"?

That is definitely money in the bank.
I hope he offered to polish something of his guy's if he could help get us into the AAC. (Edited: ACC.......It's easy to confuse them.....) :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This guy could really be anyone (connected or not so much) that he talked to. It does seem worthwhile that the guy at least seemed familiar with the situation of football schools blocking us out originally. Though it has no real base, it was worth sharing.
PS Just because he talked to him AT a car wash doesn't mean the guy WORKS there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Some people know more than others about things. With recruiting we see that with Zionn and Fishy for instance. The OP comes aboard and relays a chance encounter with someone he's seen a few times at a car wash. He messes up the title. Is he an attention grabber? Doubt it based on the frequency of his posts.

More likely he didn't realize his mistake with the original title. A simple pointing out of his error was the only thing necessary. Heads up to 99 for straightening things out.

Big question I want to know is what type of car was he washing? Not always an indicator but if he had a beat up car, low end model and it was quite old then the source might be less credible.

Anyways crazier things have happened to us UConn fans so who knows if any of this is credible or not. My guess is UConn is heading to the B!G but not before the ACC and the B!G make overtures. As the wise person says we won't know for twenty minutes. We are DOOOOMED!!!!!

Reaction Score
Over the weekend, I ran into a local NC man at a carwash. I've seen him there before and he's said the same thing to me. I was wearing a uconn pullover, and he said UCONN huh? I said yes sir!! He was wearing a Wake Forest pullover. He said again, he knows a prominent donor on the board of trustees at Wake, and UCONN is wanted in the ACC, and the announcment could come some point this year. I said, yeah right, he said no really. There are a lot of schools that want UCONN and that the ones that have been blocking them will not be able to this time. I don't care where we go, as long as its out of this conference.

Which one? http://www.wfu.edu/administration/trustees/

Reaction Score
Hey we have over 150 pages of posts on the CR board hanging on every tweet from the Dude of WV and some guy named Flugar. So, why can we have a few pages discussing a convo with "guy at a car wash?"

Reaction Score
Well we know Duke probably doesn't want us
Actually ,it's the NC schools plus UVA, and VT , that want us the most.
Acedemically they would view us as very desirable.
Another state flag ship ,especially adjacent to NYC is our biggest selling point

FSU, Clemson, Louisville, and Pitt probably are pretty neutral
There really is only is Cinn and Us
The ACC doesn't want another Fla school , and Tobacco Road won't accept Memphis .
Louisville was at desperate times.
Cuse and BC , I see as the biggest challenge.
But the realality is those two have the most to gain from us .

I would certainly prefer the B1G ,but if the ACC calls we're in no position to refuse

If UConn football has some success next year we become exponetially valuable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Serious question...Besides BC, Cuse, FSU, Clemson, Miami, What were the other schools to block us from the ACC the time they took Louisville?
I believe it was just those, obviously FSU and Clemson have serious swinging power

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Actually ,it's the NC schools plus UVA, and VT , that want us the most.
Acedemically they would view us as very desirable.
Another state flag ship ,especially adjacent to NYC is our biggest selling point

FSU, Clemson, Louisville, and Pitt are Prbably are pretty neutral
There really is only is Cinn and Us
The ACC doesn't want another Fla school , and Tobacco Road won't accept Memphis .
Louisville was at desperate times.
Cuse and BC , I see as the biggest challenge.
But the realality is those two have the most to gain from us .
I would certainly prefer the B1G ,but if the ACC calls we're in no position to refuse
The ACC is by far the best option. Our football team could be respectable there and our other sports would be strong. I just see us being a doormat in football in the B1G and that isn't appealing.

Reaction Score
At first I thought this would be a waste of my time. But, then I read this came at a carwash, so.......there you go!

Reaction Score
Honestly, this is the kind of thing that should result in a ban. It's a misleading, attention-grabbing thread clearly designed to trick people into thinking that there is real conference realignment news, when in fact it's some probably made-up story about a conversation at a car wash.

Speaking of second-hand information, a friend of mine is a cop at UConn, and he asked Herbst about UConn changing leagues during an open forum at the UConn PD (said "a friend was wondering"). She said "your friend should settle in."

your friend should settle in... for the next CR ride!

Maybe this sign won't apply next time....

you_must_be_this_tall_t.jpg

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Wow, these replies are funny... Would it help if I said it was Kevin Bacon?

Reaction Score
Well, that's one prominent donor on WF's board of trustees that says UConn is wanted in the ACC - according to the car wash dude.

It's as good news any anything else we've heard this week. :confused:

Reaction Score
I believe it was just those, obviously FSU and Clemson have serious swinging power

Right, although none of this stuff happens in a vaccum - at the time the ACC picked Louisville (November 2012), there were some serious doubts as to its status as a football power league. Since then, Florida State won one national title and finished in the "final four" last year. That's why FSU and Clemson carried so much juice, and why the rest of the schools were persuaded (read: flushed their academic reputation down the toilet), in my opinion.

If they had held that vote again today, however, I think we'd come out on top.

Reaction Score
Hey we have over 150 pages of posts on the CR board hanging on every tweet from the Dude of WV and some guy named Flugar. So, why can we have a few pages discussing a convo with "guy at a car wash?"
Don't laugh when I worked I was constantly amazed at the info
maitanence people had. They got around and keep their ears open.
They established better relationship with people in key positions than direct reports
Especially since they were in a position to provide needed service.
So just because the guy works in a car wash as a BB fan he might have a good relationship with someone in the know who also loves BB.
Plus that guy wants a good job done on his car. He also feels pretty secure with giving this guy info.

Reaction Score
Why does everyone keep assuming it was a car wash employee? Don't you think Wake Forest BOT insiders need their undercarriage blasted on occasion just like everyone else?

Reaction Score
The reason I'm going to defend this thread is quite simple, because news from the car wash far exceeds anything we get from Warde and Susan. I say we take the car wash guy and put him in Warde's job because he at least seems enthusiastic and committed about us landing in a better spot, and maybe we get a car cleaning along with our parking vouchers.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
I was sitting in an airport restroom doing my business when I heard a foot tapping in the next booth. At first, I thought it was a congressman but it turned out to be Coach K. tapping out in Morris Code that UConn was going to be admitted into the ACC.

They solved the Robert Morris code in the first round.

Reaction Score
The reason I'm going to defend this thread is quite simple, because news from the car wash far exceeds anything we get from Warde and Susan. I say we take the car wash guy and put him in Warde's job because he at least seems enthusiastic and committed about us landing in a better spot, and maybe we get a car cleaning along with our parking vouchers.
Praying this is sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc