• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rocky...I don't think PhillyDawn would ever condone such tactics! :rolleyes:

Good God no! If I in any way intimated such a thing, I absolutely, and without equivocation wholeheartedly apologize.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If Geno calls off the dogs this game will be under a 20 pt win. Barring injuries and major foul trouble. UConn will come out fired up. Stewie will steal the show. UConn is rolling right now and as Ive said before if UConn comes out hot on defense this could be over early. I don't see SC keeping UConn from scoring less then 75 pts and I don't see SC scoring over 60 pts and that is prefaced by injuries and foul trouble. I just cant see this as a close game.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
UConn 82 - South Carolina 63

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ol' Carnac is going to step out that shaky limb once again with another prediction. In another post, I predicted that ECU would not bust 50 today. I had that!!. Let's go with UConn 78 - South Carolina 59.

My thoughts for Monday's game -

I Look for the starters to play the bulk of the minutes like they did last year. They know that going in. They'll all be ready to play 40 minutes if needed. Geno probably won't go with more than 8 players in this one. The rest of the bench will be relegated to spectating and cheerleading.

I don't think the Gamecocks can be successful against the tight "in your face" defense they'll encounter for 40 minutes. At some point, they're going to crack. A tipped pass here, a bad pass there, another steal and lay-up, and BOOM!; you're down 10-12 points, and the seats are not even warm yet. Note: Defense wins games and championships. ;)

Did you notice that ECU's center picked up 2 quick fouls in the first 3 minutes of the 1st quarter? I wonder if the same thing might happen Monday to Coates and/or Wilson?

Pounding the ball into the post (Stewie and Tuck) the first quarter just might pay off. That might be a ploy Geno could try. Coates and Wilson work well in tandem. Remove one of them and the other one becomes less lethal. What would the Lone Ranger be without Tonto?, or the Batman without Robin?; Starsky without Hutch? :eek: You get my drift.

It's a lot easier to run your offense against 1 big, instead of 2. I also look for Jefferson to guard Mitchell from tip to buzzer. Mitchell did not do well last year after Geno re-assigned Jefferson to guard her (she disappeared in the 2nd half).

Of course this game will not crown this year's national champion, we know that. But it will make the winner feel real good about themselves, and walk out of the arena with their chests out. I just got the turban and cape back from the cleaners yesterday. We'll see if having them cleaned did any good. :cool:

Reaction Score
Even the sc posters know who the good guys are on the boneyard.hint:They have the two best players in all of wcbb and the only downfall of the team is that their coach has lost in half of the last 20 or so ncaa tournaments.lol

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kara Lawson calling the Mississippi St. vs LSU men's game is predicting A UCONN win on Monday. She did not say by how many points but I'll go with that.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Did you notice that ECU's center picked up 2 quick fouls in the first 3 minutes of the 1st quarter? I wonder if the same thing might happen Monday to Coates and/or Wilson?

I don't know. Is ECU's center of the same quality of player as Coates and Wilson? Could be that the opposite happens considering the talent level of SC's post tandem.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't know. Is ECU's center of the same quality of player as Coates and Wilson? Could be that the opposite happens considering the talent level of SC's post tandem.

Could be. We won't know how close the refs will be calling the game until it starts. Different refs see plays differently, you know that. Anything is possible. I didn't say it would happen. I said "I wonder IF". I don't think the refs look at the name on the back of the jerseys, or consider the level of their proficiency.

I get your question. I'm a UConn fan, so my thoughts lean towards UConn, and I hope UConn wins by 30, and completely breaks their will and spirit. I want SC to feel the exact same way they did last year after the game. A win by 30 would put to rest any and all conjecture about who is #1, and who is the best team going into the tournament, and who is the odds on favorite to win the NC.

If you want to look at it from the other side, that's fine. If the refs see what looks like a foul to them, I'm sure they'll call it. I'm sure they'll call fouls BOTH ways.

It's possible neither one of SC's bigs will pickup any fouls tomorrow, or they could both be sent to the bench with foul trouble. Maybe Stewart or Tuck will get in to foul trouble, maybe not. We'll see.

I'm like everyone else here on the yard, I'm guessing and hoping. If I knew for sure, I'd be in Las Vegas this weekend placing BIG (thousands of $$) bets on this game, but I don't. If you read my post carefully, you'll notice two words that are not contained therein: "I know".

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think the refs look at the name on the back of the jerseys, or consider the level of their proficiency.

No, but I doubt that Coates and Wilson are as apt to foul as the EU center is due to the fact that they are not outmatched in talent. But who knows? It's not about the refs, right? Well...sometimes it is.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not sure about the score but one thing I am sure of - The UCONN "Chicken Little Sky Is Falling" people will be out in full force tomorrow night :(

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Could be. We won't know how close the refs will be calling the game until it starts. Different refs see plays differently, you know that. Anything is possible. I didn't say it would happen. I said "I wonder IF". I don't think the refs look at the name on the back of the jerseys, or consider the level of their proficiency.

Maybe not but they always seem to know who the "Star" players are and who the "Freshman" are.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart will not let UConn lose and either will Mojeff or Tuck. This is a team of the ages and Breanna Stewart is one of the best BB players in the world.

Reaction Score
Upon 78-62. Two weeks ago I thought UConn could wind by 20+, but Morgan Tuck has looked a little rusty in the two starts since her respite so I think it will be a little closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom