UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou scored half of her team's points.

CD2 is a rebounding machine. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Full boxes now up for Napheesa Collier's last two games, Friday & Saturday:

Fri: 19 points (9-17 fg), 8 rebounds, 3 steals

Sat: 29 points (13-16 fg), 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
Lou scored half of her team's points.

CD2 is a rebounding machine. :)

CD2 is working for Nike in Oregon, unless something has changed recently. Crystal Dangerfield may be a rebounding machine.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CD2 is working for Nike in Oregon, unless something has changed recently. Crystal Dangerfield may be a rebounding machine.
True. I think others were calling Crystal "CD2," so I stuck with that. But I agree that Caroline owns that moniker.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the video link. Napheesa looked good and great to see uconn coaching there to watch. Checking out Crystal Dangerfield now.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Big game for Andra Espinoza-Hunter on Sunday, 25 points for Blair.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the video link. Napheesa looked good and great to see uconn coaching there to watch. Checking out Crystal Dangerfield now.

What did you think of Crystal Dangerfield?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Had a chat with KLS on Sunday night while watching her sisters play, Stanford at USC.
For the sake of future posts, she goes by Katie Lou, Lou, or even LouConn which she laughed at. She does not go by just "Katie".

Hope this helps future posters, and or supporters, who might see her down the road and speak to her.

Reaction Score
Had a chat with KLS on Sunday night while watching her sisters play, Stanford at USC.
For the sake of future posts, she goes by Katie Lou, Lou, or even LouConn which she laughed at. She does not go by just "Katie".

Hope this helps future posters, and or supporters, who might see her down the road and speak to her.

Any chance there's recent game tape out there on youtube to watch? Or a game coming up that might be webcast? I'd love to see where's she's at this year besides the highlights.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I havent seen a recent tape. Mater Dei has a game on a Friday night, i think February 6th, that might be streamed live. It is part of a Nike Extravaganza that is held each year at her school. She is playing Bishop Gorman of Nevada. If i find anything on it i will link it here.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Due to Saturday’s inclement weather, the Huskies moved up their trip here and arrived Friday night.

That gave Auriemma and assistant coach Marisa Moseley a chance to go watch Class of 2015 signee Napheesa Collier (6-foot-1 forward, O’Fallon, Missouri) and Class of 2016 commit Crystal Dangerfield (5-5 guard, Murfreesboro, Tennessee) in action at the Fence/O’Shea’s Classic in Louisville, Kentucky, Saturday afternoon.

Collier scored 29 points on 13-for-16 shooting from the floor as Incarnate Word Academy of St. Louis defeated host Mercy Academy 66-47.

“Napheesa plays with a lot of energy,” UConn associate head coach Chris Dailey said. “Her team is well coached and he (Dan Rolfes) does a great job. She plays 94 feet. She plays at the same speed, she knows how to score, she’s a good teammate, she’s all the things that you want to see in a recruit.”

Dangerfield then registered a double-double of 21 points and 10 rebounds as Blackman High of Murfreesboro topped Rogers High from Toledo, Ohio, 47-39.

The UConn staff cannot comment on Dangerfield until she signs her letter of intent in November.

Collier and fellow UConn Class of 2015 signees Katie Lou Samuelson and De’Janae Boykin were nominated to play in the McDonald’s High School All-America Game. The 24 participants for the April 1 event in Chicago will be announced Wednesday.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/notebook-elliott-always-part-of-the-family/

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou's upper body is a little thinner than I thought. She needs to emulate Maya and build up her guns. :)

Reaction Score
Lou's upper body is a little thinner than I thought. She needs to emulate Maya and build up her guns. :)

6'3 and only 155 lbs is very thin.
Collier is 6'1 and at least 175 lbs.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Also on Saturday (1/24) Katie Lou Samuelson scored 31 in a 61-47 Mater Dei win.

The Mater Dei twitter feed claims KLS scored 36 Saturday whereas the Orange County online paper has her for 31. Not sure which is accurate or how they could be five points off.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I don't want to get ahead of ourselves here because I believe that we still got a lot more of this season to enjoy and it has been a lot of fun up till now... Watching Stokes holding her daily block parties, Moriah being the "Wind" that we thought she was going to be when she was recruited ( LINK ), Morgan Tuck reclaiming the performances that at one time back in her Sophomore year of high school had sports pundits listing her as the number one player of her class, KML the best three point shooter to ever put on a UConn jersey and arguably the owner of the prettiest shooting stroke in the game, Stewie...OMG what a nightmare match-up she is for the opposition, Kia Nurse...the freshmen sensation from the "land of the maple leafs"... Gabby, WOW!!! The kid doesn't have a clue as to just how good she or can be. Saniya potential energy just waiting to go kinetic. And, Courtney Ekmark...a three point marksman who just hasn't yet been able to get it going but, who we all know is going to find her stroke one of these days. There is so much to look forward to THIS YEAR...that, I hate to look ahead...and no one really wants to think about not having KML and Stokes around, but, alas...all good things have to come to an end and...

Well...that is why I just can't help but get excited when I think of Boykins, Katie Lou, Collier and Butler...it almost isn't fair...is it???

Reaction Score
Collier is now 6'3

Only if she took some miracle drug in the last 5 months!
Go look at the USA basketball picture from mid August 2014 with Collier/KLS/Boykin/Ogunbowale before they
went to play the 3x3 format in the Youth Olympic Games in China. Collier is listed in there at 6'1 and KLS at 6'3 and
the picture somewhat matched the height difference, if anything KLS looks more than 2" taller than Collier, but to me
Collier looks like she is more physically ready to play at the next level between the 3 of them.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Go look at the USA basketball picture from mid August 2014 with Collier/KLS/Boykin/Ogunbowale before they
went to play the 3x3 format in the Youth Olympic Games in China. Collier is listed in there at 6'1 and KLS at 6'3 and
the picture somewhat matched the height difference, if anything KLS looks more than 2" taller than Collier, but to me
Collier looks like she is more physically ready to play at the next level between the 3 of them.

I posted this in another thread but it is good support of your post. Can't tell absolutes but relative heights are show here. (If anything Boykin may be a little closer to the camera giving her a little more relative height that actual) This is the best comparative picture I've found for next year's class.

KLS_heights.jpg

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The Mater Dei twitter feed claims KLS scored 36 Saturday whereas the Orange County online paper has her for 31. Not sure which is accurate or how they could be five points off.

Lou scored 36 in the game on Saturday. The scorers credited 5 of Lou's points to Sally O'Hara who never got into the game. Sally wears number 32 an Lou #33.

I am more concerned with her game yesterday, Monday, where she only scored 7 points. However, nobody scored more than 10 points for her team. Mater Dei won 53-20.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I am more concerned with her game yesterday, Monday, where she only scored 7 points. However, nobody scored more than 10 points for her team. Mater Dei won 53-20.

Just noticed that Mater Dei plays again tonight so I am guessing the coach rested as many players as possible. Yesterdays game was a game originally scheduled for Jan 20th, the day after the team got back from the Bay area. MD had a game at a MLK one day event. So probably to avoid a game after traveling they moved the game on the 20th to yesterday.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread but it is good support of your post. Can't tell absolutes but relative heights are show here. (If anything Boykin may be a little closer to the camera giving her a little more relative height that actual) This is the best comparative picture I've found for next year's class.

KLS_heights.jpg

Boykin seems to be hunched as well- doesn't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom