UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Just realized that two of the schools that made Lara Somfai’s Top 5 will have different coaches by the time she commits. Wonder how that will impact UConn’s chances.

Stanford is a possibility to have a coaching change too, reading through their board. It sounds like people think Tara might do one more year to help them make the switch to the new conference and then retire. Not my opinion, just what I’ve read.

Reaction Score
I am sure no one wants to hear another Sarah Strong conjecture, but just wondering if the coaching vacancy at Tennessee and the rumors starting about Kara possibly leaving Duke to return to her alma mater would have any effect on her selection process.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
How does Sarah Strong not choose UConn after watching tonight’s game! What Geno Auriemma has been able to do with this team has been incredible and just goes to show the type of program that Uconn is.
if u or I was in her position, then that's a good question.

but she's sarah, not us. nor anyone else. maybe (probably) she's got other things to consider. that's fine.

i don't understand the obsession with her. even assuming she is the bestest thing since sliced cheese, if she doesn't choose uconn we'll be fine.

(BTW, i've got a pet peeve about many folks' reactions to a recruit going elsewhere: If she does so i ain't gonna wish whoever it might be 'well.' i don't see any need to wish her anything at all. i don't know the kid. there's no need to be politically correct or polite. my wishes are irrelevant. like i said, this is just my take and a nagging pet peeve.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Just realized that two of the schools that made Lara Somfai’s Top 5 will have different coaches by the time she commits. Wonder how that will impact UConn’s chances.

At least 2. One left for a different school, and one was fired. Last year, I heard the rumor that Tara would coach just 1 year in the ACC. Then there's the rumor that Kara might go back to Knoxville. On the other hand, Geno is working on a 5-year extension.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
if u or I was in her position, then that's a good question.

but she's sarah, not us. nor anyone else. maybe (probably) she's got other things to consider. that's fine.

i don't understand the obsession with her. even assuming she is the bestest thing since sliced cheese, if she doesn't choose uconn we'll be fine.

(BTW, i've got a pet peeve about many folks' reactions to a recruit going elsewhere: If she does so i ain't gonna wish whoever it might be 'well.' i don't see any need to wish her anything at all. i don't know the kid. there's no need to be politically correct or polite. my wishes are irrelevant. like i said, this is just my take and a nagging pet peeve.)
One reason for the obsession is I do not believe we have had a #1 recruit wait for the spring signing period to commit. She and Barry being the only 'names' still pending tends to focus peoples attention, and it lasts 6 months. And since Uconn isn't in on Barry, this board is laser focused.

Reaction Score

I'd think it would weigh heavily against them unless two serious coaches with proven track records replaced them

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
At least 2. One left for a different school, and one was fired. Last year, I heard the rumor that Tara would coach just 1 year in the ACC. Then there's the rumor that Kara might go back to Knoxville. On the other hand, Geno is working on a 5-year extension.
Really? Was this in the news somewhere? Or do you have insider info? :cool:

Reaction Score
Anyone have any thoughts so far with the McDonald’s All-American game?

Reaction Score
My one thought: I need Sarah Strong at UConn bad.
I have been pretty impressed with her so far! She just seems to have a competence and confidence about her that makes me think she would be successful at UConn (especially as a freshman)

Reaction Score
Anyone have any thoughts so far with the McDonald’s All-American game?
I have liked what Allie and Morgan have shown for sure. Morgan hustling for an O board during open play makes me happy to see her in UCONN uniform next season (plus her outlet passing is great). Allie is a menace from beyond the arc; her, Azzi, Paige, and Ash will be scary.

Reaction Score

Apparently Sarah and Cooper Flagg (men’s duke commit) were pictured together recently. Not sure if it’s because they are just both the top ranked recruits in the McDonald’s All American game or if it’s because they are both Duke bound

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score

Apparently Sarah and Cooper Flagg (men’s duke commit) were pictured together recently. Not sure if it’s because they are just both the top ranked recruits in the McDonald’s All American game or if it’s because they are both Duke bound

They are both the number one recruits and MacDonald's All-Americans. It was just part of McD's promotion for their event. Nothing to worry about.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Thanks. That's great news. I hadn't seen that.

I've been thinking for some time now that UConn ought to do that so as to not lose a recruit owing to uncertainty about whether he would be around.

Reaction Score
Sarah followed two UNC players today, Maria Gakdeng and Indya Nivar. Just when I thought Duke was gaining momentum…

Predicting this outcome is practically impossible at this point, but it’s been oddly interesting. Next week can’t get here soon enough.

Reaction Score
Not getting to feeling Strong is headed our way. In her interview after the McDonald’s game she was asked about what is factoring into her decision. She said “being somewhat close to home..(seemed to then kind of fumble over her words). I mean they’re all kind of close but i don’t know, i don’t know how close I want to be to home.” Seems like a slip

Reaction Score
Sarah followed two UNC players today, Maria Gakdeng and Indya Nivar. Just when I thought Duke was gaining momentum…

Predicting this outcome is practically impossible at this point, but it’s been oddly interesting. Next week can’t get here soon enough.
She would be a star at UNC right out of the gate (NIL$} and her dad's there. No guarantees from Duke that Kara stays now that the job at Tennessee is open. UConn is going to be stacked next year.

Reaction Score

I don't think her follows mean anything at this point. She's followed both Duke and UNC players recently. So she may genuinely not have made up her mind yet between the 3 schools. The players may have requested to follow her because they are still trying to recruit her.

Like someone mentioned yesterday, she recently is following Morgan Cheli's dad too. We will find out next week!

Reaction Score
She would be a star at UNC right out of the gate (NIL$} and her dad's there. No guarantees from Duke that Kara stays now that the job at Tennessee is open. UConn is going to be stacked next year.
Strong's dad went to NC State and he's just a spectator now. No connection to NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom