UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I thought this pairing of players was interesting… seems suspicious to have a player committed to Duke, a player committed to NC State… and a player potentially headed to UNC? Maybe they know something we don’t

Reaction Score

I thought this pairing of players was interesting… seems suspicious to have a player committed to Duke, a player committed to NC State… and a player potentially headed to UNC? Maybe they know something we don’t

Scroll to the third picture to see what I’m talking about.

Reaction Score

Prob nothing. They have two Mich commits with a UCONN commit in the 5th pic.

Reaction Score
Neither will declare ( IMO ) until the Big Dance is over. In addition, I think Emily wants to hear where Sarah is going before she declares. There is little point for both to wind up at the same school.
Seeing that the McDonalds AA Game is in Houston on Tuesday, does anyone know if Sarah Strong will be attending the Final Four in Cleveland?

Could be a nice back-drop to announce (hopefully to UConn, with their win tonight over [Cheryl Miller-less] USC)!

Go Huskies! ("Just keep winning, just keep winning...." Finding NC #12 - a new movie)

Reaction Score
Seeing that the McDonalds AA Game is in Houston on Tuesday, does anyone know if Sarah Strong will be attending the Final Four in Cleveland?

Could be a nice back-drop to announce (hopefully to UConn, with their win tonight over [Cheryl Miller-less] USC)!

Go Huskies! ("Just keep winning, just keep winning...." Finding NC #12 - a new movie)
No bad mojo! One game at a time...........;)

Reaction Score
No bad mojo! One game at a time...........;)
I prefer to think of it as one play at a time: win the play in front of you: either offense OR defense....

As I said numerous times in submarining: "It is far better to be blessed, than lucky or good!" Truly GREAT things are accomplished as you "step out" in your blessings.

UConn is blessed with PB & company, along with Geno, CD & the rest of the staff + men's practice players. Those blessings are 'more than enough' and they believe.

We are blessed to watch it unfold...

Go Huskies!! Believe & step out onto the court in that belief - the results will be amazing!

Reaction Score
If a coach gets fired from an orange school, and then a coach from a blue school gets hired can a recruit that had previously signed with the blue school now leave that blue school and possibly go to another blue school without losing any time. Can they follow the coach to the orange school or reopen recruiting without any penalties?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
If a coach gets fired from an orange school, and then a coach from a blue school gets hired can a recruit that had previously signed with the blue school now leave that blue school and possibly go to another blue school without losing any time. Can they follow the coach to the orange school or reopen recruiting without any penalties?
Per wikipedia - Student-athletes whose athletic aid is reduced, canceled, or not renewed by their current school may enter the transfer portal at any time without penalty. This exception also applies to those undergoing a head coaching change

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Liza Karlan is in the portal. Kid’s a player. In 3 games vs UConn, Karlen averaged 15.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1 block

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is a UConn recruiting speculation thread. Discussion of other schools should be on the General board

Reaction Score
Liza Karlan is in the portal. Kid’s a player. In 3 games vs UConn, Karlen averaged 15.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1 block

We definitely could have used her this year. I really like her game and I think it would translate here. I'm just going to assume that we're going to be healthy next year and won't have a spot for her. I mean, what are the chances we'll be decimated by injuries again?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We definitely could have used her this year. I really like her game and I think it would translate here. I'm just going to assume that we're going to be healthy next year and won't have a spot for her. I mean, what are the chances we'll be decimated by injuries again?
Well we've had at least 3 major injuries the last 3 years. So I'd say chances are fairly high we'll have more. I haven't heard of anyone doing anything to address the problem, so I figure it will continue.

Reaction Score
You'd think after a few years of decimation the team would be entitled to 15 healthy players for an entire season...........I'm hopeful but not holding my breath for that.........Karlen shot about 50% from the floor, 82% from the foul line and averaged about 8 rebounds per game.......although only 6'2" she's also a tough competitor...........she's not the prototypical power forward that UConn needs but she'd certainly contribute.......

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You'd think after a few years of decimation the team would be entitled to 15 healthy players for an entire season...........I'm hopeful but not holding my breath for that.........Karlen shot about 50% from the floor, 82% from the foul line and averaged about 8 rebounds per game.......although only 6'2" she's also a tough competitor...........she's not the prototypical power forward that UConn needs but she'd certainly contribute.......
That should be an interesting option (if Karlen and UConn got mutual interest). She is experienced, strong, good rebounder and got a nice mid distance shot.

Reaction Score
That should be an interesting option (if Karlen and UConn got mutual interest). She is experienced, strong, good rebounder and got a nice mid distance shot.
She's not the shot-blocking rebounding machine that UConn should be looking for but she's another solid, hard-working player that every good team could use.........for instance, would she be a better fit than 6'4" Caitlin Weimer from Boston University?

Reaction Score

Yup. I like her too. She's a friend of Paige's from HS in Minnesota. She's tough and clever on both ends of the floor.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, I like Karlen as a transfer addition more than Chen or any other possibility. She would fit into Geno's schemes well. If he goes that route I hope he keeps her in mind. I also suspect she would be really happy in Storrs.

Reaction Score
She's not the shot-blocking rebounding machine that UConn should be looking for but she's another solid, hard-working player that every good team could use.........for instance, would she be a better fit than 6'4" Caitlin Weimer from Boston University?
The difference between Karlen and Weimar is that Karlen has shown she can compete successfully against top competition (UConn). Weimar has competed only in the Patriot League for her entire career. Of course Karlen may want more PT than she might receive at UConn for her last season.

Reaction Score
Of course Karlen may want more PT than she might receive at UConn for her last season.
This is pure speculation, but I suspect she'd get 15-20 mins/g at the 4 playing next to Jana. It would be her and Ayanna, with Ice platooning at the 5.

Also, Like Lou, she'd probably really want the exposure of playing next to Paige for the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom