UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Makes me wonder if someone with the initials SS has informed UConn of her decision and now UConn knows it has at least one spot available.

Reaction Score
Makes me wonder if someone with the initials SS has informed UConn of her decision and now UConn knows it has at least one spot available.
Has there been a development I haven't heard of with regard to Sarah or Emely?

Reaction Score
Just that Rodriguez has UConn on her newly released top-5 list.
Thanks. You scared me for a minute there. It's not that I think losing out on Sarah would be a disaster or that Emely won't develop into something special. It's just that I thought I was paying attention.

Reaction Score
Two of those are different from the others. And one of those is a geographic anomaly.
Anyone who has an offer from both SCar and UConn can go pretty much anywhere she wants.
The thing that doesn't make sense is how slow rating services are to recognize her. Of course being from the Dominican Republic had her off the radar for a while, but once you are being recruited by schools like these, you should be listed among the top players. Don't understand why it takes so long, same thing for Gandy who finally popped up on an ASGR list.

If you told me we could get a promising recruit, not exactly a big, and not ranked in the top 100, or look for a greater need in the portal not knowing if someone will appear better than Weimar, I think I would roll with the portal. If on the other hand a player like Emily was really a top 20 recruit that just had not been recognized yet, my reaction might be different.

While Geno knows much more, it is hard for us as fans to make valid judgements regarding roster spots when players like Emily and Gandy have not yet found their realistic spot in the rankings with other more known players. Emily not being ranked (yet) and being recruited by Uconn and South Carolina just doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
Not to go down this rabbit hole, but I also think Caroline Ducharme could know by now if she will be able to return to playing… so that also could be another reason why at least one spot is available (I’m just trying to stay hopeful that we will still get Strong lol)

Reaction Score
While most players make earlier decisions than Ms. Strong, that gives us supposed adults no cause to criticize her. She has chosen, perhaps with parental guidance or with personal preference alone, to be deliberate and thoughtful in making a decision that may have serious consequences for the next many years of her life.

I hope she chooses UConn. Whatever her choice, I respect her way of making that choice.
Don’t forget when Paige was a senior one of the schools she faced started chanting overrated. It may be something Strong doesn’t want to deal with. Make the decision after her season is over. Stinks for UConn fans as well as the other teams still in the running for her commitment. Being patient is difficult I know but it is what it is.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Not to go down this rabbit hole, but I also think Caroline Ducharme could know by now if she will be able to return to playing… so that also could be another reason why at least one spot is available (I’m just trying to stay hopeful that we will still get Strong lol)
You must have missed her Instagram post from late January where she said that she can't wait to rejoin her teammates on the court for the 2024-2025 season.

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong will be part the the Mcdonald's game Media day, she is grouped with Imari Berry the only other undeclared girls player in the game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The thing that doesn't make sense is how slow rating services are to recognize her. Of course being from the Dominican Republic had her off the radar for a while, but once you are being recruited by schools like these, you should be listed among the top players. Don't understand why it takes so long, same thing for Gandy who finally popped up on an ASGR list.

If you told me we could get a promising recruit, not exactly a big, and not ranked in the top 100, or look for a greater need in the portal not knowing if someone will appear better than Weimar, I think I would roll with the portal. If on the other hand a player like Emily was really a top 20 recruit that just had not been recognized yet, my reaction might be different.

While Geno knows much more, it is hard for us as fans to make valid judgements regarding roster spots when players like Emily and Gandy have not yet found their realistic spot in the rankings with other more known players. Emily not being ranked (yet) and being recruited by Uconn and South Carolina just doesn't make sense.
While certain high visibility high schools like Christ the King, Lu High, Archbishop Mitty, IMG, et al do get college coaches at their games, most don’t. For girls playing at smaller, less known, or geographically distant schools (e.g. Alaska, Hawaii) they generally get exposure in AAU, summer leagues. If a kid can’t afford or get a scholarship to AAU, a terrific talent could be one of those “hidden gems”, like Lou.

Reaction Score

Her final five announcement is the first I have heard of any involvement with SCar. I can’t tell you if we have really offered or, if so, when that occurred. Perhaps after after the end of the early signing period like y’all or perhaps after Strong trimmed us off her list, perhaps after Sahnya Jah was suspended and issued her portal announcement.

Being a foreign player until recently and having no known AAU team, it is not surprising that she is unknown and unranked. I think Geno and Dawn are better evaluators than ANY ranking service.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Is the left Florida State? The A is Alabama, Auburn, Arizona, something else? Not sure for the far right.
It is Florida State, Arizona and South Carolina I think,

Reaction Score
Has there been a development I haven't heard of with regard to Sarah or Emely?
Neither will declare ( IMO ) until the Big Dance is over. In addition, I think Emily wants to hear where Sarah is going before she declares. There is little point for both to wind up at the same school.

Reaction Score

Geno is not the type of coach to rescind a scholarship if a player can no longer play. Kiersten Walters comes to mind. I don't believe he ever pulled her scholly.

Reaction Score
Geno is not the type of coach to rescind a scholarship if a player can no longer play. Kiersten Walters comes to mind. I don't believe he ever pulled her scholly.
Can she medically retire and still have a scholarship that doesn't count against the team's 15 player scholarships?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom